Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 89 of 112123 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 110111112
Author


Prolific Collector

Posts: 246
Joined: Nov 30, 2006
Last Visit: Sep 29, 2009
Location: Boise, ID

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:06 pm 
 

Thanks guys for updating me on Dayecon.  Now I'm 100% certain he is a schmuk instead of the 99.9% certainty I had before.  Funny though he had a 100% FB rating.  Of course most people probably let it go when the item gets "lost" in the mail.  Only in the ebay world do domestic packages get lost that's why I pushed for the dleivery confirmation.  I paid for it too so I figured I was entitled to it.  He might want to buy a copy of the Guide to Hell because he's going to need it where he's going.

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 752
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2020
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada, eh?

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:24 pm 
 

Yup, I'm the other guy he burned. I won two nice modules for a price that was actually pretty reasonable for him. Bleh. Ah well.

Per Coug, I couldn't resist sending him a message - "Hello. Aren't those just lumps of Play-doh? Cheers."

I'll see what kind of profanity I get in return ;)

 WWW  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 477
Joined: Nov 25, 2006
Last Visit: Dec 03, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:38 pm 
 

Xaxaxe wrote:I just blocked him from both directions; one less idiot to deal with.


I was wondering how you block sellers. I couldn't find that option (easily).

Thanks

 WWW  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:24 pm 
 

brute wrote:I was wondering how you block sellers.

Sorry about that; it's just a figure of speech. What I meant was that I could live to be 1,000 years old and I'll never place a single bid on any of that clown's auctions. In effect, I've "blocked" him — yes, it's lame, I know.  :)

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4505
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Dec 04, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:28 pm 
 

Anyone have a spreedsheet of bad sellers/buyers, names they go by now or have gone by, and if they are still active?

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 477
Joined: Nov 25, 2006
Last Visit: Dec 03, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:30 pm 
 

Xaxaxe wrote:Sorry about that; it's just a figure of speech. What I meant was that I could live to be 1,000 years old and I'll never place a single bid on any of that clown's auctions. In effect, I've "blocked" him — yes, it's lame, I know.  :)


Well, it seemed like a good idea to me!
8)

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:32 pm 
 

Well, who wants to bet that our new found Classifeds forum spammer isn't shilling this auction:


** expired eBay auction **


eBay.com Item Bid History

Granted I can't see the bidders names, but look at how the current top bidders high bid just got exsposed(very carefully at that, the 10 minute bid increment between the 2nd and 3rd place bids) and then just magiacally stopped bidding.  This is preceicely the reason that I will never ever bid on a private auction.  If I had more amo I'd report it, but since I can't find out what the second place bidders name is, I can't report it to Ebay. :roll:   In any case, in case someone was planning on bidding on that auction:

AVOID!!! AVOID!!!!  AVOID!!!!!


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:28 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:AVOID!!! AVOID!!!!  AVOID!!!!!

Exactly.  It's impossible to tell if it's shilling or not.  Which is why bidding on a "User ID hidden" auction is just plain stupid.  

In regards to the bidding pattern, perhaps the second bidder is legitimate but doesn't want to tip the high bidder off.  Sniping would be more efficient, but not everyone is comfortable/familiar with that tactic.  

Doesn't matter, though.  That auction's going too high for a bunch of relatively common items.  Factor in shipping, and you could take a run at a decent rarity; perhaps a 3rd print woody for that much.

 YIM  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:28 pm 
 

yea i dont like that private ID thing - way too open to abuse and i dont trust that 2 post classifieds guy either

Al



  


Collector

Posts: 7
Joined: Dec 03, 2006
Last Visit: Dec 03, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:25 pm 
 

Count myself as another victim of dayecon. He apparently decided to make a buck, claiming he held pretty much every super module.

There is sufficient evidence this guy is a fraud that I am sickened by eBay not taking him out.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 414
Joined: Mar 26, 2006
Last Visit: Nov 30, 2007
Location: Chicago

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:31 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Well, who wants to bet that our new found Classifeds forum spammer isn't shilling this auction:


** expired eBay auction **


eBay.com Item Bid History

Granted I can't see the bidders names, but look at how the current top bidders high bid just got exsposed(very carefully at that, the 10 minute bid increment between the 2nd and 3rd place bids) and then just magiacally stopped bidding.  This is preceicely the reason that I will never ever bid on a private auction.  If I had more amo I'd report it, but since I can't find out what the second place bidders name is, I can't report it to Ebay. :roll:   In any case, in case someone was planning on bidding on that auction:

AVOID!!! AVOID!!!!  AVOID!!!!!


Thanks, Bclarkie, you are a godsend!!! :D

I saw this auction over in the classifieds and when I saw the hidden bidders I steered clear.

Yes, the hidden bidder thing is STUPID!!!!! :evil:

  


Collector

Posts: 7
Joined: Dec 03, 2006
Last Visit: Dec 03, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:35 pm 
 

Anyone have a good idea on best approach for making a claim after 60 days.

I unfortunately went on a long business trip when dayecon "porked" me. Noticed it  a week after the 60 day limit.

  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 477
Joined: Nov 25, 2006
Last Visit: Dec 03, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:53 pm 
 

[removed bad joke here]  :oops:

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:11 pm 
 

IttyBitty wrote:
Thanks, Bclarkie, you are a godsend!!! :D

I saw this auction over in the classifieds and when I saw the hidden bidders I steered clear.

Yes, the hidden bidder thing is STUPID!!!!! :evil:


I do my best. :)


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7969
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 01, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:24 am 
 

Valhalla is back!!!!

search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZvalhalla_game ... iesQQhtZ-1

Looks like they have considerably lowered their prices....still far above the norm on most though.

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:07 am 
 

Anyone else here seem to get the impression that we now have a troll visiting our board? I kinda get the feeling that there is..........


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4750
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Oct 29, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:40 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:Anyone else here seem to get the impression that we now have a troll visiting our board? I kinda get the feeling that there is..........


And I thought that smell was coming from Badmike.... :twisted: .  I think every forum has at least one troll.  It's inevitable.  Dumbasses with way too much time on their hands.

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:41 am 
 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
And I thought that smell was coming from Badmike.... :twisted: .  I think every forum has at least one troll.  It's inevitable.  Dumbasses with way too much time on their hands.


Well we didn't have any trolls, until just recently.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 89 of 112123 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 110111112