Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 88 of 112123 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 110111112
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:29 pm 

Kindly view the link:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I couldn't believe my good fortune when I won this lot  :D .  I never win super modules.  But alas it was not to be  :cry: .  After waiting for the lot to arrive I contacted the seller who replied 'lost in the mail'.  Long story short, it went from the seller saying he would send delivery confirmation, to I'll send it when I get to it, and finally I don't feel comfortable sending it to you.  Needless to say this went to claim where I recevied a refund.

When all was said and done I left a neg FB and seller retaliated in kind.

If seller sent the package why on Earth would he withhold the delivery confirmation?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:49 pm 

napoleonsdad wrote:Kindly view the link:

I couldn't believe my good fortune when I won this lot  :D .  I never win super modules.  But alas it was not to be  :cry: .  After waiting for the lot to arrive I contacted the seller who replied 'lost in the mail'.  Long story short, it went from the seller saying he would send delivery confirmation, to I'll send it when I get to it, and finally I don't feel comfortable sending it to you.  Needless to say this went to claim where I recevied a refund.

When all was said and done I left a neg FB and seller retaliated in kind.

If seller sent the package why on Earth would he withhold the delivery confirmation?

Funny that you bring that up.  We were just discussing the same thing a few days ago here:

Hrm..

Apparently you are not the only one who got porked.  I figure that it was either a case of flat out sellers remorse or the seller just wasn't happy with the final auction price that he got.  Either way he is defintely one to avoid.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:00 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Apparently you are not the only one who got porked.

It's the same guy?!?! 8O

There's no room for doubt here: he belongs in our Shady Hall of Fame. As any seller here knows, stuff getting "lost in the mail" is actually incredibly rare (even moreso if printed labels and tracking information is used). "Lost in the mail" was a great excuse in the '70s, when no one really knew what happened to a piece of mail when it left their hands, but it's been exposed as a myth in this day and age.

This is seller's remorse, combined with greed, pure and simple. It's also a blatant violation of eBay policy (reserve prices are there for a reason, dayecon, you buckethead).

He's made a tactical error, though, in burning two (that we know of) Acaeum members. That won't be doing him any favors in the future.

I just blocked him from both directions; one less idiot to deal with.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:37 pm 

I wonder, does anyone here regularly send these guys a link to this thread when their name appears?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:06 pm 

Thanks guys for updating me on Dayecon.  Now I'm 100% certain he is a schmuk instead of the 99.9% certainty I had before.  Funny though he had a 100% FB rating.  Of course most people probably let it go when the item gets "lost" in the mail.  Only in the ebay world do domestic packages get lost that's why I pushed for the dleivery confirmation.  I paid for it too so I figured I was entitled to it.  He might want to buy a copy of the Guide to Hell because he's going to need it where he's going.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:24 pm 

Yup, I'm the other guy he burned. I won two nice modules for a price that was actually pretty reasonable for him. Bleh. Ah well.

Per Coug, I couldn't resist sending him a message - "Hello. Aren't those just lumps of Play-doh? Cheers."

I'll see what kind of profanity I get in return ;)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:38 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:I just blocked him from both directions; one less idiot to deal with.

I was wondering how you block sellers. I couldn't find that option (easily).

Thanks

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:24 pm 

brute wrote:I was wondering how you block sellers.

Sorry about that; it's just a figure of speech. What I meant was that I could live to be 1,000 years old and I'll never place a single bid on any of that clown's auctions. In effect, I've "blocked" him — yes, it's lame, I know.  :)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:28 pm 

Anyone have a spreedsheet of bad sellers/buyers, names they go by now or have gone by, and if they are still active?

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:30 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Sorry about that; it's just a figure of speech. What I meant was that I could live to be 1,000 years old and I'll never place a single bid on any of that clown's auctions. In effect, I've "blocked" him — yes, it's lame, I know.  :)

Well, it seemed like a good idea to me!
8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:32 pm 

Well, who wants to bet that our new found Classifeds forum spammer isn't shilling this auction:

eBay.com Item Bid History

Granted I can't see the bidders names, but look at how the current top bidders high bid just got exsposed(very carefully at that, the 10 minute bid increment between the 2nd and 3rd place bids) and then just magiacally stopped bidding.  This is preceicely the reason that I will never ever bid on a private auction.  If I had more amo I'd report it, but since I can't find out what the second place bidders name is, I can't report it to Ebay. :roll:   In any case, in case someone was planning on bidding on that auction:

AVOID!!! AVOID!!!!  AVOID!!!!!

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:28 pm 

bclarkie wrote:AVOID!!! AVOID!!!!  AVOID!!!!!

Exactly.  It's impossible to tell if it's shilling or not.  Which is why bidding on a "User ID hidden" auction is just plain stupid.  

In regards to the bidding pattern, perhaps the second bidder is legitimate but doesn't want to tip the high bidder off.  Sniping would be more efficient, but not everyone is comfortable/familiar with that tactic.  

Doesn't matter, though.  That auction's going too high for a bunch of relatively common items.  Factor in shipping, and you could take a run at a decent rarity; perhaps a 3rd print woody for that much.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:28 pm 

yea i dont like that private ID thing - way too open to abuse and i dont trust that 2 post classifieds guy either

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:25 pm 

Count myself as another victim of dayecon. He apparently decided to make a buck, claiming he held pretty much every super module.

There is sufficient evidence this guy is a fraud that I am sickened by eBay not taking him out.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:31 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Well, who wants to bet that our new found Classifeds forum spammer isn't shilling this auction:

eBay.com Item Bid History

Granted I can't see the bidders names, but look at how the current top bidders high bid just got exsposed(very carefully at that, the 10 minute bid increment between the 2nd and 3rd place bids) and then just magiacally stopped bidding.  This is preceicely the reason that I will never ever bid on a private auction.  If I had more amo I'd report it, but since I can't find out what the second place bidders name is, I can't report it to Ebay. :roll:   In any case, in case someone was planning on bidding on that auction:

AVOID!!! AVOID!!!!  AVOID!!!!!

Thanks, Bclarkie, you are a godsend!!! :D

I saw this auction over in the classifieds and when I saw the hidden bidders I steered clear.

Yes, the hidden bidder thing is STUPID!!!!! :evil:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:35 pm 

Anyone have a good idea on best approach for making a claim after 60 days.

I unfortunately went on a long business trip when dayecon "porked" me. Noticed it  a week after the 60 day limit.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:53 pm 

[removed bad joke here]  :oops:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:11 pm 

IttyBitty wrote:
Thanks, Bclarkie, you are a godsend!!! :D

I saw this auction over in the classifieds and when I saw the hidden bidders I steered clear.

Yes, the hidden bidder thing is STUPID!!!!! :evil:

I do my best. :)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 88 of 112123 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 110111112