Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 87 of 112123 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 110111112
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:43 pm 

Afrika Corps wrote:Your opinion on a transaction:

So I open a paypal claim and seller issues a full refund within 24 hours, then they send me a reminder to pay?

I can speak from experience, if a seller has seller manager pro and they refund an item it will immediatly send an auto-generated request for payment.  It's kind of a dumb bug and has caused some confusion the the past for me.   I wouldn't hold that part of the transaction against the seller.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:49 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:It's kind of a dumb bug and has caused some confusion the the past for me.

True. And sometimes stuff will end up in your "disputed items" section and cause a mild heart attack before you realize it's a mistake and it can be sorted out manually. Selling Manager is a great feature, but it still requires a set of human eyes to look over the finer details.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:59 pm 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Anyone ever heard of or dealt with this guy?

The auction says $2.50 "shipping and handling."

The invoice has $1 extra attached for "materials."

It's only a buck, but I would not have bid if the item had been $1 more.  

If it's "pay a buck or get a neg" I'll pay a buck to avoid the negative.  Still, the petty extortion irks me.  I guess I'm a petty fellow.

His name is:  warhammwe98

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:30 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:

Anyone ever heard of or dealt with this guy?

The auction says $2.50 "shipping and handling."

The invoice has $1 extra attached for "materials."

It's only a buck, but I would not have bid if the item had been $1 more.  

If it's "pay a buck or get a neg" I'll pay a buck to avoid the negative.  Still, the petty extortion irks me.  I guess I'm a petty fellow.

His name is:  warhammwe98

I bought minis from him in August.  I don't recall what they were, but the feedback that I left indicates that the minis were in great shape and that combined shipping is the best way to order items from him.

I think that I bought a lot of lots to negate the single-item shipping ripoff.  I was apparently happy with them, too.  Now I wonder WTF I bought.   :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:52 pm 

Hmmm, it seems I wasn't aware that Foul moved to Minnesota:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... dback:2:us

Oh wait, he didn't. :roll:  Nice feedback too.  I really like his auction descriptions:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:01 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Hmmm, it seems I wasn't aware that Foul moved to Minnesota:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... dback:2:us

Oh wait, he didn't. :roll:  Nice feedback too.  I really like his auction descriptions:

I think that is Maxwell.  Seriously . . . not another Maxwell joke.  When he posted that lot on Dragonsfoot that he had Isoldit handle, he mentioned that he "found God" and moved to Minnesota.

Here is username Acaeum feedback left for others:

feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View ... amp;de=off

Here is Max's feedback left for others:

Plus . . . who else would use "Acaeum" as their username?  :roll:

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:05 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:

I think that is Maxwell.  Seriously . . . not another Maxwell joke.  When he posted that lot on Dragonsfoot that he he Isoldit handle, he mentioned that he "found God" and moved to Minnesota.

Here is username Acaeum feedback left for others:

Here is Max's feedback left for others:

Plus . . . who else would use "Acaeum" as their username?  :roll:

You are 100% right.  As soon as read your first line, I didn't even need to look at the feedback and I knew that you were right. :D  Looking at the feedback though most certainly confirms it.  The shilling part in his auction description makes lots of sense now too.  Just be on the lookout for tommy9896 to start making appearances in his auction bid histories.  :roll:   FWIW, I found him because of this listing:

eBay '300052775792' - Invalid Item

eBay '300052775792' - Invalid Item

Seems old Max still reads the forum(surprise, surprise  :roll: ) and was hoping to get noticed by buying an illegal pdf in the listings that I posted last week.

Judging by his antics seems maybe he has "lost" God again.  That didn't last very long now did it. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:23 pm 

While we are at reliving old not so good memories, I have a revisitation of an old but goody for you.  you all remember Zabe73 don't you?  You know the guy who for almost a year sold illegla pdfs with his auctions.  the guy who most recently listed auctions providing winners with a CD full of links to said download pages?  Well about a year and ahlf ago we were able to bring this clown down for shilling.  Him and his buddies then came onto forum and started all this sh*t saying that he was innocent and was such a swell guy.  Well, as everyone here already knew that was a bunch of BS and after they left we went about our way.  Anyway, Ebay like they always do allowed for Zabe73 a second chance.  They suspended him for a few weeks and then let him get back up and running, which brings me to why I am posting this here now:

eBay Feedback Profile for zabe73

DOWN GOES ZABE!!! DOWN GOES ZABE!!!

That's right, I caught our old friend Zabe73 shilling his auctions again. :evil:  :evil:  :evil: I reported him about 3 months ago and Ebay never responded, so just recently, I reported him again two more times.  I had resolved to not stop until they suspended him, this time permanently.  Well good news came today from Ebay, No more Zabe73.  The best part of it all is that in an effort to try and mask a large portion of his shilling activity, he had gone with a majority of his acutions as Private auctions, but not all of them.  He was so greedy, stupid and lazy, that he actually started bidding on his non-private auctions will his shill ID. :roll:   Anyway, I am hoping that this is strike 3 for old Zabe73 and we no longer ever have to see his tired ass listings ever again. :D   Don't f**k with me, I'll ruin your day. :wink:  FWIW, for posterities sake, here is the email that I sent into Ebay:

Listing Violations > Fraudulent listings (illegal seller demands, you didn't receive item, etc) > Seller is using other accounts to inflate item price (shill bidding)

Item number(s):

Message: This is the third time that I have reported this obvious shilling by seller Zabe73.  This first time was last year and he and his fake account was suspended.  He came back and has not started a brand new shilling ID and has been shilling with it ever since.  I reported this new shilling ID about 3 months ago and my notification was ignored. I would hope that some thing is done aout this this time.  The sellers user ID as noted above is Zabe73 and his auctions are here:

eBay listings

The shilling user ID he is using is loye79.  His bids are listed here:

Welcome to eBay

Notice hoy loye79 only bids on Zabes auctions.  Also both the bidder loye79 and the seller Zabe73 are both from California:

Loye79:

eBay listings

Zabe73:

eBay listings

I sincerely hope that act on this contious violation of Ebay's shilling rules by this Zabe73.  Its quite appatent that the temporary suspension that was meted out last year was clearly not enough to stop him from stealing from his buyers.  Your rapid cooperation would be much appreciated.  Thanks

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:35 pm 

In case anyone wasn't around for the last time Zabe73 went down, here is a link to where it started in the "Report sellers who infringe copyrights!" thread:

Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.

The person of interest that first appeared as NancyG(now completely banned by FoulFoot) and work through the next 5 or 6 pages of the thread from there where the battle took place.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:40 pm 

Well done, bclarkie.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:24 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:I think that is Maxwell.  Seriously . . . not another Maxwell joke.  When he posted that lot on Dragonsfoot that he had Isoldit handle, he mentioned that he "found God" and moved to Minnesota.

Wow — good spot.

That whole "found God" thing happened during one of my attempts (final attempt as it turned out) to get anything useful out of Dragonsfoot, so it's just pure coincidence that I know exactly what you're talking about. I even got a PM from Maxie "apologizing" for "wronging me," even though, technically, we never were involved in a transaction.

Using "Acaeum" as an ID ... well, I'm not optimistic that such a thing was done with good intentions. Maybe God told him to do it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:33 pm 

Am I wrong for being glad he's gone just because his listings clog up the BIN search for "lot"??

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:47 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:Am I wrong for being glad he's gone just because his listings clog up the BIN search for "lot"??

Well that is certainly a benefit(they were annoying), but I am really glad he is gone because he is a now twice busted shiller.  If obnoxiousness in your listings was the only reason to have people booted from Ebay then there would only be about 1/2 of the sellers that there on now. :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:24 pm 

aia wrote:too bad! i withdraw...  :cry:

the seller of this auction

set a block on non US bidders... its a pity because the lot is super-interesting...  :(

This was posted by aia in another thread, and it leads me to a rant. I don't want to get onto too much a rant, but for you overseas guys, this is what guys like Cougar do to European buyers.  He screws you all.  Because for every lot he steals from American sellers, word gets around, and more and more American sellers decide not to do business with overseas customers because of the possibility of lost packages and chargebacks.  Not even necessarily word of mouth, but when Cougar bids on an American auction and hammers the seller about M-Bags, and they check out his shaky feedback, well it has an effect on all overseas bidders, the same way a crap hole like Jonb had an effect on all American sellers when he was ripping off people.  Just something to think about when you support this guy with your money by buying from him.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:06 pm 

Yup  :(   It affects even us guys in Canada. Thanks to the rare bad apple like Coug, a lot of US sellers (which make up the majority of the market) aren't willing to risk international shipping.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:59 pm 

I haven't ready many posts yet but is Coug the guy who is 'the biggest seller in the UK' with a billion feedbacks?  I've heard him mentioned several times now.  I got the pleasure of dealing with him when he won about 40 of my items.  Irritating fellow.  He even sent me an email not to listen to people badmouthing him.  I M-bagged him a large lot a while back and I am dreading hearing back from the guy.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:53 am 

napoleonsdad wrote:I haven't ready many posts yet but is Coug the guy who is 'the biggest seller in the UK' with a billion feedbacks?

"Biggest seller" only in his own head. He goes through many periods with nary a single item up for sale; often, when he is active, he's just buying modules for $5 and trying to sell them for $6. He's a joke.

napoleonsdad wrote:Irritating fellow.

:)

That's giving him the benefit of the doubt. I prefer a term that rhymes with "grass knoll."

napoleonsdad wrote:I M-bagged him a large lot a while back and I am dreading hearing back from the guy.

Uh-oh. 8O Has he given you any indication that the shipment has arrived? Cougie is infamous for his M-Bag rip-offs; he badgers overseas sellers into sending M-Bags, which have no tracking information. This is followed by a chargeback though PayPal ... and I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

Cougie is a miserable, unhappy, vindictive dickhead who takes great pleasure in ripping off other collectors. My advice is to just block him.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:05 am 

The coug is a miniatures artist too!

He must be just a complete whacko....

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 87 of 112123 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 110111112