Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 86 of 112123 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:00 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Were those listings changed? I'm not seeing where he mentions you, BC, or the Acaeum. Or it's possible there's a joke somewhere I'm not seeing.

He's got two more running as I type this ... are you still looking for folks to BIN him?

No, He took one down and then relisited it without the libel.  I already have a screen shot of it as proof. Hold off a bit on the BIN though, I will let you know.  FWIW, the moron still left what he believes to be my home address in both of his listings, although its wrong, its an address that Ilived at 15 years ago.  Last night, after I listed his original Ebay auctions here, I sent him a note that his auctions were illegal.  He repsonded in typical internet Conan style of, "If I knew your address, I'd come there kick your ass." Well, I said okay tough guy, here it is come get me. Well, he bitched out and and started making excuses, so I just left it alone.  That was of course until tonight when I saw that he had put up two auctions with my Ebay User handle in it.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:04 pm 

bclarkie wrote:FWIW, the moron still left what he believes to be my home address in both of his listings, although its wrong, its an address that Ilived at 15 years ago.

Oh, man ... what a TOOL. This guy needs to be shut down.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:04 pm 

Looks like someone's already knocked off one of the BINs...

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:11 pm 

Also looks like someone shit their pants seconds after that bid was placed:

eBay.com Item Bid History

Seems as though Internet Conan lurks here at the site.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:13 pm 

bombadil wrote:Also looks like someone shit their pants seconds after that bid was placed:

eBay.com Item Bid History

Seems as though Internet Conan lurks here at the site.

Nah, I have him running for cover now, I told him I was contacting my attorney.  Which if he wouldn't have changed the auction, I would have really done.

Thanks for the bid tho' :wink: .  I am just waiting for the email of apology now.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:15 pm 

Don't thank me, thank Hugh.   :wink:

I was wondering when he would come out of retirement.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:21 pm 

The same thing happened when I called that idiot on the phone last year. Of course, I got a recorder. I left my address and phone number, and told him I'd be happy to fly out and meet him, or pay to fly him here so we could hash out the problem face to face. He never responded. I don't remember if it was Maxine or some other Web Superman, but I believe the moron even posted his number here.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:09 pm 

bombadil wrote:Don't thank me, thank Hugh.   :wink:

I was wondering when he would come out of retirement.

Two names that always make me giggle like a schoolboy when I see them:

Tight Ass Games.

Hugh Gee Rection.

Giggle.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:29 pm 

Well, as expected, I did in fact get my apology.  That said, it didn't exactly come from the expected source, it came from his father. :?  Apparently, it was just some middle school kid screwing around(yes thats right a middle school kid), and he must have told his father that this little internet confrontation was not going the way he had expected it to go.  Needless to say his father was not a very happy camper at all and he apologized.  :)

I guess in retrospect, based on the emails he sent me last night and today, that I figured that he was young, just not quite that young.  Looking back even further it really makes me wonder exactly how old Creepontheborderlands is, as the conversations were actually very similar in nature.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:15 am 

Is it illegal to sell photocopies of books?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:31 am 

Bergstrom wrote:Is it illegal to sell photocopies of books?

yes

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:24 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
yes

Generally this is correct. And definitely if you make a copy. However, if the photocopy was made by the owner of the copyright, and then sold to the public you can then sell that same copy you bought (but you can't make new copies). An example would be old zines wherein all the copies are photocopies. I'm not sure about the case where the copyright owner gives you a photocopy.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:54 am 

Badmike wrote:Tight Ass Games.

I'm glad you like it.

Reading through, I'm wondering why we've not seen ETC/TGE aka Jonb(random number) recently. It must be two years now since we shafted him last.

And where did Kevin I-hate-you-guys-at-Acaeum go? I think he called himself keepontheborderlands.

And Maxipad, what happened to Mr. Spliff?

Where have all our villains gone?  :(

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:59 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I'm glad you like it.

Reading through, I'm wondering why we've not seen ETC/TGE aka Jonb(random number) recently. It must be two years now since we shafted him last.

And where did Kevin I-hate-you-guys-at-Acaeum go? I think he called himself keepontheborderlands.

And Maxipad, what happened to Mr. Spliff?

Where have all our villains gone?  :(

yeah i am bored now. there hasnt been a good ol' fight on here for ages. someone do something controversial please :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:22 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Reading through, I'm wondering why we've not seen ETC/TGE aka Jonb(random number) recently. It must be two years now since we shafted him last.

It was actually a year ago this past July. :)   I have heard though that someone believes that he is actually back on Ebay, but at this point is staying away from the RPG market, at least for now......
FWIW, I have actually seen the evidence for this and I also believe that it is him.  I suspect that he is just waiting to really build up his feedback before he attempts to come back into the RPG fray.

mbassoc2003 wrote:And where did Kevin I-hate-you-guys-at-Acaeum go? I think he called himself keepontheborderlands.

I think that his parents took away his computer privilges for being a bad boy.  Kind of like the kid I dealt with yesterday. :wink:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:51 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
yeah i am bored now. there hasnt been a good ol' fight on here for ages. someone do something controversial please :D

Al

What do you recommend to cause the most controversy?  Should I

A. Quadruple all my shipping prices
B.  Change all my shop prices to exactly double the highest ebay price
C. Not mail out any orders placed between now and Christmas
D. Demand everyone now refer to me as "Platinum Plus Powerseller Reindeergamez" and email the general population of ebay daily
or
D. Post a picture of myself in a chainmail bikini and let everyone know that all 22 of my packers and listers have come down with hemmroids at the same time.

???

Oh the choices!   :P  :roll:  :P

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:52 am 

"I guess in retrospect, based on the emails he sent me last night and today, that I figured that he was young, just not quite that young.  Looking back even further it really makes me wonder exactly how old Creepontheborderlands is, as the conversations were actually very similar in nature.[/quote]"

It's a crazy old world, ain't it? I often wonder just who or what the hell I'm talking to as the level of writing skill and knowledge seems to vary widely. My other half teaches drama at grades 9 through 12, and sometimes I help with papers and whatnot, and it scares the crap out of me just how minimal their language skills are.

I am definitely more of a lurker than a contributor, but, it's true- you guys haven't been rattling any cages or jabbing sleeping owlbears (with a pointy stick) lately....

Bree-Yark!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:59 am 

Reindeergamez wrote:
What do you recommend to cause the most controversy?  Should I

A. Quadruple all my shipping prices
B.  Change all my shop prices to exactly double the highest ebay price
C. Not mail out any orders placed between now and Christmas
D. Demand everyone now refer to me as "Platinum Plus Powerseller Reindeergamez" and email the general population of ebay daily
or
D. Post a picture of myself in a chainmail bikini and let everyone know that all 22 of my packers and listers have come down with hemmroids at the same time.

???

Oh the choices!   :P  :roll:  :P

You forgot something:

E. Have a monthly email sent out to all of your previous buyers with a whole bunch of illegal photocopies that you are trying to auction off.  Then when someone questions you about the items claim that these photocopies were not actually made by you and that you just found them in a large lot that you recently purchased. :roll:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 86 of 112123 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 110111112