Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 84 of 112123 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:24 pm 

If it has been within 45 days since you paid, file a suit with paypal and you'll get your money if he has any in his account.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:47 pm 

Thanks, much appreciated....uh, whutz a chargeback? :?:

Kind of a noob here, as I have 100% good feedback and am not into conflict, so getting this straightened out will be quite educational.....

Bree-Yark!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:56 pm 

With paypal, you can file a report with them saying that you did not receive the package.  They will then do an investigation and allow the seller to produce a tracking code, etc as proof it was sent.  If he can't do that to meet their standards then they will transfers the funds from his account back into yours.

However, if he does not have the funds then I don't think they can do much.  In this case, you should call your credit card company and tell them about your situation of never receiving the item.  The credit card company will then take it off your account - this is called a chargeback.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:06 am 

Mars wrote:With paypal, you can file a report with them saying that you did not receive the package.  They will then do an investigation and allow the seller to produce a tracking code, etc as proof it was sent.  If he can't do that to meet their standards then they will transfers the funds from his account back into yours.

However, if he does not have the funds then I don't think they can do much.  In this case, you should call your credit card company and tell them about your situation of never receiving the item.  The credit card company will then take it off your account - this is called a chargeback.

yes thats it - its a good method to use anyway and get used to it - cos generally ebay and paypal are so utterly beyond useless, you will prb use it again.

just so all here know, who is the ebayer?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:33 am 

Thanks for the info, much appreciated....I have sent him a note saying he will be negged up the arse and reported to ebay. His response was that he couldn't find what I wanted in his inventory and could only supply me with 5 out of 6 items but would refund me the outstanding amount ($6). His words- this is the best he can do.  :?  :?  :? I replied fine, send it tomorrow, send it with tracking and in the best possible method (upgraded)  and I won't worry about the outstanding six bucks. I am sick of dealing with this guy and want my stuff shipped, and said so, and if he hasn't done this by tomorrow I will follow through with my neg feedback and reportage. Yes, I'm canadian, I don't get riled, or even,......just want this over with.

Thanks for the info, dudes.

Bree-Yark!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:17 am 

Several things to note ...

1. Charge backs have a time limit (eg 90 days is common with the Aussie banks) so you need to keep on top of the purchases.

2. These idiots ususally get away with it due to the effort required to fight for the $6 which is rightfully yours.

3.  Paypal is useless in protecting either seller or buyer. I once had to do a chargeback after a similar case as yours.  I went to paypal 1st.  They agreed with me but stated they could do nothing.  I then instigated a chargeback and got my money back.  Paypal then had the audacity after the chargeback to email me stating that I should have contacted them 1st.

4.  With such colourful language about ducks you can join my party anytime ...  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:42 am 

improvstone wrote:3.  Paypal is useless in protecting either seller or buyer. I once had to do a chargeback after a similar case as yours.  I went to paypal 1st.  They agreed with me but stated they could do nothing.  I then instigated a chargeback and got my money back.  Paypal then had the audacity after the chargeback to email me stating that I should have contacted them 1st.

4.  With such colourful language about ducks you can join my party anytime ...  :lol:

paypal always say that to me. i dont even bother contacting them now. every time i have, the reply has always been the same, so i dont waste time. straight to credit card and let them deal with it.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:03 pm 

Howdy, the seller is called zane45322, not a good guy to do business with....in the time since my transaction took place he has had a ton of crappy feedback all related to the smae trouble as I have had...well, that's one of the risks of being a bit of an old school star wars geek in addition to being an old school AD&D geek....

Bree-Yark!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:55 pm 

I had a look at the sellers feedback.  

He has had 3 negs out of 170 feedback in the last month

or 9 negs out of 890 feedback over the past 6 months.

All the feedback seems to be around the same problem.  Slow shipping.  Yet in most cases I can see the item was eventually recieved.

So I wouldn't classify him as the worst I have dealt with.  He definitely has shipping problems but it doesn't appear that he is trying rip people off.  Given the value of the items are low he isn't going to make alot of money from doing so.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:32 pm 

Oh, he is FAR from the worst dealer out there. I just hate dealing with haywire mismanaged outfits that ship my stuff 51 days after I pay for it!

Bree-Yark!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:37 pm 

RWilson wrote:Howdy, the seller is called zane45322

I swear I've heard that one before. Has he been a guest star here in the past? Nothing turned up in my one attempt to do a search ... but it sounds familiar.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:09 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:I swear I've heard that one before. Has he been a guest star here in the past? Nothing turned up in my one attempt to do a search ... but it sounds familiar.

You're right, it's familiar.  I don't know from where.  Where's Brian?  He actually writes this stuff down, sometimes.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:13 am 

I think that you guys maybe confusing this guy with Zabe73.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:05 am 

Yes, zabe73 was the other idiot.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:15 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Yes, zabe73 was the other idiot.

yeah i remember him too.

wasnt he the guy who sold a CD of stuff along with an item?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:44 am 

This is just fuukin ridiculous:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:12 am 

There's sooooo much that could be said about that one!

For that price you could buy that, plus a truckload of the issues on either side. Sheez :roll:  and don't forget, that's pounds he's wanting.

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:52 am 

bombadil wrote:This is just fuukin ridiculous:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

It's a very sad thing when someone would so blatantly put their own desires for money ahead of any concern for someone else's financial situation.  That is outright deception with the intent of catching someone who is misinformed.

If you need $70 that badly, get a part-time job at a fast food restaurant.

Sad . . .

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 84 of 112123 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 110111112