Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 83 of 112123 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 110111112
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:34 am 

Badmike wrote:

I think Mark's attitude is correct. Did this guy intentionally mislead you, or was it an honest mistake?  I myself have missed thing before like highlighting, writing, underlining.  Was it excessive, or only a couple of marks here and there? There is a question of value.  Did you pay $100 for the books? Or five bucks?  IMO this would play a big part in how pissed i'd be about the transaction.  
 I just got nailed on a neg, for (no lie) "cockroach in module".  Now, I have never intentionally placed a bug or rodent within a product....nor would I allow it to remain if I found it  8O   However, the buyer left a neg without any attempt at negotiation, so I negged him back and that was the end of it AFAIK.  If he had chosen to contact me, obviously a refund or replacement would be in order.
  It doesn't sound like in your communications you are being clear enough to the seller what you require to satisfy yourself, whether it be a refund, partial refund, return, or whatever.  I would let him know what you require, then proceed from there. Unfortunately mutual negs will probably be the result, so ask yourself if that's what you want.

Mike B.

Thanks for the input Mike and you are correct in stating that I was not clear in my communications in what I wanted them to do.

I wanted to 'feel them out' and see what action they would of taken.

I have decided on just living with the results and not buying from them again. I can use/sell the books if I want to.

Thanks again for the input and here is a link to the auction:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:13 am 

still a pretty crap effort on the part of the seller, considering the fact that they DID look and couldnt find any  :?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:57 am 

Lets face it, the seller flat out lied about the description and was hoping to not get busted for it.  The sellers attitude and being so dodgy after you contacted him clearly illustrates that point.  I mean seriously, why in the hell does he think you are contacting him?  Does he honestly he think that you are just bored and looking for a friend to talk to? F**K NO, he knows ou want compensated for the fact that he lied to you and you busted him for it and is hoping if he keeps avoiding the issue that you will just go away.  Like I said, I would demand either a full refund in return for the books or a partial refund and keep the books, I would leave that up to him.  If he tells you to screw off, Neg his ass and charge it back, Period.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:13 am 

Here is one for you all:

This guys has several other items up as well.  His feedback is 93.6 after 1447 ratings!! That is without a doubt one of the single most poor feedback that I have ever seen of a seller still on Ebay over 100 feedabcks.  What a nightmare. 8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:02 pm 

His eBay name is freindofhell. In all honesty, I wouldn't buy anything from someone with such an idiotic name. Though I did go by eyeamgawd...........

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:46 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Lets face it, the seller flat out lied about the description and was hoping to not get busted for it.  The sellers attitude and being so dodgy after you contacted him clearly illustrates that point.  I mean seriously, why in the hell does he think you are contacting him?  Does he honestly he think that you are just bored and looking for a friend to talk to? F**K NO, he knows ou want compensated for the fact that he lied to you and you busted him for it and is hoping if he keeps avoiding the issue that you will just go away.  Like I said, I would demand either a full refund in return for the books or a partial refund and keep the books, I would leave that up to him.  If he tells you to screw off, Neg his ass and charge it back, Period.

Hi bclarkie,

Well, I took your advice and emailed the muppit aboout wanting a full refund and returning the books and his response was:

#1:

No. The books have been in your possession 1 month. If I could buy and car and return it for a full refund each month I return it; I would never need to Own a car. No thanks.

#2:

No. No thanks.

My response:

You would return the car if the seller misled you about its condition.....

His response:

Last word. I have apologized for missing an inconseqential ink blob which you may have put into the book yourself. You have had the books long enough to use them numerous times. I am not refunding your $$ if you return the books. Say goodnight.

I am so p*ssed off I can hardly type.

So at this ponit, how do I go about charging back the sale without getting blasted by eBay and what would be a good feedback message?

This is going to get interesting... :twisted:

Thanks.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:01 pm 

If he did not have tracking, I think you can easily charge it back. It's dishonest, and in most cases I'd never advocate it, but the seller is a maggot that needs to be squished. You have nothing to lose if you do. At best, they deny the chargeback and he has to go thru the hassle.
As far as feedback, write the truth. He will undoubtedly reply to the feedback, so plan enough for multiple lines.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:24 pm 

Since you've sent him emails that say you have recieved the book, I wouldn't suggest claiming you never recieved the item.  If you get caught in the lie, which is rather likely, the chargeback will almost certainly be rejected.

You could, however, claim that the item is substantially different from what was presented.  I'd suggest documenting in as much details as possible the damage to the book.  Consider scanning/photographing the defaced pages.  You're going to need to convince your bank that the seller lied to you about the condition of the book and then refused to rectify the situation.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:44 pm 

NetRodent wrote:Since you've sent him emails that say you have recieved the book, I wouldn't suggest claiming you never recieved the item.  If you get caught in the lie, which is rather likely, the chargeback will almost certainly be rejected.

You could, however, claim that the item is substantially different from what was presented.  I'd suggest documenting in as much details as possible the damage to the book.  Consider scanning/photographing the defaced pages.  You're going to need to convince your bank that the seller lied to you about the condition of the book and then refused to rectify the situation.

Yeh, you've given the creep a chance to come clean. Nail him to the wall. You can charge back on items that have been inadequately described such as the items you got.  In pretty much all cases your cc company will side with you, you are their customer.  That guy sounds like a real tool....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:10 pm 

Does the wording here sound like it might be slightly misleading to those who would misinterpret "poly" to mean "poly bag" rather than Polyhedron?

Now that I think about it, the whole auction is misleading.  Why not list it as Polyhedron #28 with a cover scan, rather than as the GBH?

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:41 pm 

bombadil wrote:Does the wording here sound like it might be slightly misleading to those who would misinterpret "poly" to mean "poly bag" rather than Polyhedron?

Now that I think about it, the whole auction is misleading.  Why not list it as Polyhedron #28 with a cover scan, rather than as the GBH?

Very misleading brought to us by the number one shady dealer of all time :!:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:23 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:

i asked last time - they are inserts from polyhedron

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:47 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:

That is a quality auction bearing in mind it has a £50 reserve(at least)!!
(Think there was a thread here recently saying these polyhedrons should fetch $20 or some such)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:50 pm 

Poly's 16-19.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:49 am 

this is weird:

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons | eBay

A $200 BIN on a black folder PoVQ. If you look at his other shit, it is WAY overpriced, and he lists the Acaeum in his PoVQ description. Methinks I'd be checking the contents pretty thoroughly, if it ever arrived.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:56 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:this is weird:

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons | eBay

A $200 BIN on a black folder PoVQ. If you look at his other shit, it is WAY overpriced, and he lists the Acaeum in his PoVQ description. Methinks I'd be checking the contents pretty thoroughly, if it ever arrived.

It sold pretty quickly. Did anyone here buy it? Not much of a photo - probably incomplete.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:18 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:this is weird:

Looks like Aia's account :?:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:52 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
Looks like Aia's account :?:

Yup...that's his handle. He's won a few of my auctions in the past.
Fast payment, good transactions.

JasonW

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 83 of 112123 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 110111112