Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 82 of 112123 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 110111112
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:49 am 

Oh man, I actually hope T&T doesn't get booted from eBay. His prices make the rest of us non-drooling-moron sellers look positively cheap.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:28 am 

If I recall, has Troll & Toad posted here?  I am sure he likely visits.  Perhaps he would like to post here in response??   This has happened a few times in the recent past and it (although not always  :wink: ) helps the seller's reputation.  

Although, the evidence seems pretty damning so far  8O  8O  8O

I might add that considering his fairly parlous neg & neutral situation, I would be wary of buying from him anyway.  :roll:

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:29 am 

red_bus wrote:If I recall, has Troll & Toad posted here?  I am sure he likely visits.  Perhaps he would like to post here in response??   This has happened a few times in the recent past and it (although not always  :wink: ) helps the seller's reputation.  

Although, the evidence seems pretty damning so far  8O  8O  8O

I might add that considering his fairly parlous neg & neutral situation, I would be wary of buying from him anyway.  :roll:

TrollandToad did post here back in the summer in regards to the stolen pictures that they had in thier store(including Foul's still currently owned by him Ghost Tower Of Inverness module) that they were threatening litigation if anyone was caught stealing thier pictures. :roll:  Strangely enough, when they posted here they post here under the name of  renvhoek:

profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=936

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:52 am 

bclarkie wrote:
TrollandToad did post here back in the summer... Strangely enough, when they posted here they post here under the name of  renvhoek:

:lol:
That is so funny, so clever!
:lol:

Great shot, Brian!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:11 pm 

The buying of BIN stuff is kind of weird. Looking at the stuff, he's not trying to price-inflate. Nobody bothers to do that for a $0.99 MtG card. And bidding on non-existant stuff is plain bizarre.

A little bit of feedback inflation I guess, but the guy does enough business on both accounts that it's not even remotely needed.

Only thing I can think of was that he was buying his own stuff and mutually-agreeing not to sell it to himself to avoid the listing fees. But that doesn't explain the non-existant items.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:46 pm 

Badmike wrote:I just sold Ren my Ironclad copy, so if one shows up at T&T anytime soon they are busted, those are pretty rare.

rare?! like eBay.com Item Bid History 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
did troll and toad offer over the c-note asked?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:35 pm 

Check out this:

eBay Feedback Profile for covfc1987

What a tool. He just gave me the perfect mechanism to remove ALL the feedback. Lavendar lad is obviously a reference to homosexuality! What a pillow-biter.
Just an FYI, he did confirm he shilled the Kandroc auction.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:55 pm 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:
rare?! like eBay.com Item Bid History 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
did troll and toad offer over the c-note asked?

They got it for 26 bucks...obviously it's not as highly coveted as DGUTS...

Mike B.

cgi.ebay.com/Miniature-Wargames-Ironcla ... 0040392024

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:24 am 

I need some input about a recent auction of mine (I was the buyer) to determine my next course of action.

I recently purchased a small lot with a DMG and PH that was stated in the auction that outside of a name scribbled out on the inside front cover page of the DMG, the other books had no writing in them at all.

Actual words from a question by someone:

"Q:Any writing in the books or modules?

A: There is a name written on the inside cover page( of The Dungeon Masters Guide) but it has been scribbled out with blue ink. I checked the other books and found No writing at all. Thanks."

Well, upon receiving the lot...suprise...surprise...there was underlining and writing in both books (DMG and PH).

I at that point wrote the seller telling him about the writing (trying to 'feel out' his response):

"In checking the Dungeon Masters Guide and Players Handbook I did discover writing in both pencil and ink (the ink in the DMG, pencil in both)."

His response:

"Sorry to hear it. Thanks for letting me know."

My response back:

"But in the Q&A at the bottom of the auction you mentioned that other than the crossed out name in the DMG there was no writing at all."

His response:

"As i responded yesterday I didn't realize there was a little writing in the dungeon master guide or other. The important game serials looked complete and unblemished but I didn't realize any of them had writing in them. I also didn't know that it makes any difference. I said they were in good clean used condition. I never dreamed that clean meant untouched or had some minor notes in the margins."

My response:

"I was bidding on the items as a result of your descriptions that there was no writing in the books...."

His:

"OK. Sorry I Missed the other writing. You have had the items for a month. What do you want other than keeping a daily conversation?"

The auction ended on the 17th of September and I do admit I sometimes can get a bit behind in checking stuff and posting feedback but his attitude has me miffed.

So, my feeling is at this point is either asking to return the items for a refund or just not bothering with the muppet and posting their id here to warn others.

Thanks in advance for all responses posted.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:56 am 

Damn, that guy's attitude is annoying!   :evil:

You could ask for a refund though he will probably refuse.  Since you received the items Paypal will not reverse the charges if you paid that way.  Unfortunately I don't know of much of a recourse if one receives the items but clearly not in the stated condition.  If you neg him, then he'll just neg you back.  You could post his ID here, but he might not be selling any other RPG materials and hence wouldn't care.  
Basically when this happens to me, I put them back on eBay with complete descriptions and recoup about a third of my money.  I haven't figured out a better way yet, but I'd love to hear other suggestions.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:14 am 

yeah i have had the same thing happen to me a number of times. barring the odd time where the value would warrant me taking the item there personally and "having a word face to face", i would just voice my displeasure, vow never to deal with em again, advertise such and complain to ebay and paypal for the hell of it. wait 90 days and neg the ass, and do what will said - just re-list em - offload and get on with it.

unfortunately, not everyone is a collector and they just dont understand what youre driving at. they just look at it and go "well um its old and thats what good clean condition means"

sorry to hear it lance - welcome to our world :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:15 am 

Neg.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:04 am 

I would flat out ask for a refund.  If its refused, I would then I would most certainly neg the seller.  On top of that, if you paid for it by Credit Card, I'd charge the f**king thing back as it is not atr all as it was described.

BTW, can you post a link to the auction, so that we all know who the seller is. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:54 am 

How much did you pay for the two books?

Some writing might be annoying, but does it completely ruin their value to you?

Do you think the seller is intentionally deceptive or merely careless?

Do you believe the dispute is worthwhile?

Would you take a negative (the 90 day thing won't work) in order to give the seller a negative?

Could the seller offer you a partial refund, or send you some additional item as compensation?

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:27 am 

Hey Lance,

you should stick to collecting miniatures instead :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:29 am 

Mars wrote:Hey Lance,

you should stick to collecting miniatures instead :)

now THAT i agree with :)

i might win some things then :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:08 pm 

Yup - NEG him and post his ID here so we can avoid him (or even taunt him in a French accent).  e.g.

Q: (from red_bus)

"Hi.  I am thinking about bidding on your item, but I wanted to check that here is no writing inside.  I know that you have a reputation for 'missing' pen and highlighter so I thought I would ask.  NB. 'clean' does = "no marks'."

or somesuch... :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:07 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:How much did you pay for the two books?

Some writing might be annoying, but does it completely ruin their value to you?

Do you think the seller is intentionally deceptive or merely careless?

Do you believe the dispute is worthwhile?

Would you take a negative (the 90 day thing won't work) in order to give the seller a negative?

Could the seller offer you a partial refund, or send you some additional item as compensation?

Mark   8)

I think Mark's attitude is correct. Did this guy intentionally mislead you, or was it an honest mistake?  I myself have missed thing before like highlighting, writing, underlining.  Was it excessive, or only a couple of marks here and there? There is a question of value.  Did you pay $100 for the books? Or five bucks?  IMO this would play a big part in how pissed i'd be about the transaction.  
 I just got nailed on a neg, for (no lie) "cockroach in module".  Now, I have never intentionally placed a bug or rodent within a product....nor would I allow it to remain if I found it  8O   However, the buyer left a neg without any attempt at negotiation, so I negged him back and that was the end of it AFAIK.  If he had chosen to contact me, obviously a refund or replacement would be in order.
  It doesn't sound like in your communications you are being clear enough to the seller what you require to satisfy yourself, whether it be a refund, partial refund, return, or whatever.  I would let him know what you require, then proceed from there. Unfortunately mutual negs will probably be the result, so ask yourself if that's what you want.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 82 of 112123 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 110111112