Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 81 of 112123 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:06 pm 

For someone who promotes harmony on the board, Al is a killer!
He's dead right, though. Pacifism is why this country is such a mess.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:54 pm 

This guy sounds suspiciously like a guy I dealt with on Amazon (same language of emails and level of intellegence) except this fellow kept calling me a "Gomer" and went so far as to explain that he meant it as in that I was like "Gomer Pyle"  =)

I should have saved those, made for interesting reading.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:43 am 

Mike,

I think you ought to stay on this guy even if it is inconvenient.  What module could be more interesting than this guy's letters?  

And, he actually sent that letter to Ebay?  At this point in their history, Ebay ought to be able to recognize a crackpot when they read one.  Send his letters to ebay and cause him trouble that way.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:15 am 

You might end up getting more enjoyment value out of this from reading his replies than the money you would have received from the Module.

This guy seems to have more buttons for you to push than a keyboard, so I say get typing.  :twisted:

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:03 pm 

Oh, no doubt. Guys like that are candy to me. Other than procreation, I can't think of anything more enjoyable than stoking an idiot.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:33 pm 

AdderMcOne wrote:You might end up getting more enjoyment value out of this from reading his replies than the money you would have received from the Module.

This guy seems to have more buttons for you to push than a keyboard, so I say get typing.  :twisted:

Yeh, thinking about it, where can I get that kind of entertainment for $17? I left a provocative follow up feedback on him, and did a follow up on the neg he left me....hopefully he'll rise to the bait and leave another follow up, to which I can leave another, and so on...... :D

Unfortunately with having him blocked I can't get anymore emails; maybe he'll post something else at the Paypal dispute board, I'll check it frequently.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:43 am 

Badmike wrote:
Yeh, thinking about it, where can I get that kind of entertainment for $17? I left a provocative follow up feedback on him, and did a follow up on the neg he left me....hopefully he'll rise to the bait and leave another follow up, to which I can leave another, and so on...... :D

Unfortunately with having him blocked I can't get anymore emails; maybe he'll post something else at the Paypal dispute board, I'll check it frequently.

Mike B.

Ok, latest funny contact through ebay from Joshua Neff/NWvintagegames.  The funniest thing is all the trouble he has spelling words like "harrasment", "vindictiveness" and I kid you not "witness":

Sense you lied and put in the feed back that my check bounced ill call the credit card company and have payment that you DID IN FACT GET you little Liar, reversed how do like them apples? Oh and your efforts to write E-bay and tell them that im herrassing you well you wrote me as many herrassing letters and you started the herrassment by demanding payment and do not lie about the time and say it was weeks because that IS NOT TRUE. You sir are a liar and the end result of this will show that I am in the right and you are in the wrong. Yous hould also know Im going to report you to the Postal authorities for sending cockroaches out of country into other countries as a means of vendictivness. I have a wittness that can tell E-aby you have done this and here is his email to me. Like I said your game has failed and you have lost, Refund me my money now and ill go away keep it up and we can goto court which do you wanna do?

There is ONE thing true in his email, and one thing only...I did "demand" payment after 21 days by sending him a NPB notice.  Other than that, the entire email is demented fantasy. I have to really, really restrain myself from emailing him back, as Frank said this guy's buttons are so easy to push, but I can't be seen contacting him after I have told Ebay and AOL I want no more contact with him.  But man the freako replies I could get if only I could email him back...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:02 am 

Badmike wrote:
There is ONE thing true in his email, and one thing only...I did "demand" payment after 21 days by sending him a NPB notice.  Other than that, the entire email is demented fantasy. I have to really, really restrain myself from emailing him back, as Frank said this guy's buttons are so easy to push, but I can't be seen contacting him after I have told Ebay and AOL I want no more contact with him.  But man the freako replies I could get if only I could email him back...

Mike B.

Wow!  8O  This guy's level of psychosis has surpassed Cougar and is on par with Maxwell.  Methinks he is trying scare tactics but if he keeps it up he is going to get himself into trouble with Ebay.  I haven't seen any of your replies to him but if you are anything Mike it is professional when it comes to selling and dealing with customers and I think your feedback proves that.

This guy is just a frackin' nutjob.  :evil:

*edit*  I checked out some of his previous auctions and noticed a disturbing trend.  Apparently he enjoys listening to Charlton Heston read passages from the Bible.  Something about that strikes me as strange.  :twisted:   I also looked at his feedback.  Badmike isnt the only seller that has had a problem with this screwball.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:45 am 

Looks like nwvintagegames is no longer a registered buyer.   Hmmmm . . .

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:43 pm 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:Looks like nwvintagegames is no longer a registered buyer.

Okay, now that is funny. I always get a warm, fuzzy feeling when a self-righteous sociopath gets cut off at the knees ...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:05 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:He gave me a story that in 2005 he had a heart attack and had been flagged as a non-payer and his account suspended.

And now he is no longer registered on Ebay.  Justice seems to have finally been served.  I figure we will probably see a clip on the evening news about some crazy shithead in Washington state running around naked in a park, shouting unintelligible obscenities, shooting at people with an automatic rifle and then falling over dead from a stroke or heart attack.

Waitaminute....didnt maxwell live in Washington state?  Maybe it is his not quite as evil twin brother. :D

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:01 pm 

Shipley lives there, too.

Hey, I'm just saying ... * :)

+++++

* oh, come on — you were thinking it, too

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:40 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Shipley lives there, too.

Hey, I'm just saying ... * :)

+++++

* oh, come on — you were thinking it, too

Yep, if you hadn't posted that, I would have said something  :lol:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:13 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:

And now he is no longer registered on Ebay.  Justice seems to have finally been served.  I figure we will probably see a clip on the evening news about some crazy shithead in Washington state running around naked in a park, shouting unintelligible obscenities, shooting at people with an automatic rifle and then falling over dead from a stroke or heart attack.

Waitaminute....didnt maxwell live in Washington state?  Maybe it is his not quite as evil twin brother. :D

Thanks guys I've been laughing my ass off, I didn't know the freak got kicked off until I just checked here awhile ago.  I could have answered him in kind but I kept a cool head, I saved all his psychotic emails, and sent them in today. But as much as I would like to chalk this up as a win for the good guys, he got suspended for one reason and one reason only: he contacted someone who had bought from me in the past and who had eft a negative to try and get dirt on me, and bragged about this contact in a later email through ebay...which I forwarded to the proper authorities. Ironically nothing else he did, including the threats, was enough to have him disciplined. I spent some time this morning dealing with Ebay Safety guys, and they pretty much told me unless he did something through the Ebay system itselfthat was over the top, they couldn't do anything.  I have a feeling contacting a buyer of mine was the catalyst.  Anyway, chalk up a win for the good guys, it's nice when some Maxwell clone can get his dick slammed in the dirt....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:40 pm 

I know that I promsed myself that I wasn't going to do this anymore, but I couldn't help myself on this one.  In lieu of bbarsh's classifieds post he just put a few minutes ago:

viewtopic.php?p=66584#66584

It caused to take a look at his closed auctions.  In doing this, it caused me stumble onto something very interesting indeed.  It seems that renvhoek bought up several of his items.  Now its well known to everyone here that renvhoek is actually the buying ID for none other than the habbitually listed in the "Silliest auction price of the year thread", trollandtoadstore.  Well, for whatever reason, I decided to look at what renvhoek has been bidding on recently:

Welcome to eBay

Upon looking at renvhoek appears to be one of Troll and Toad's better customers. :evil: i.e this listing

** expired/removed eBay auction **

eBay '270021258689' - Invalid Item

and this listing as well:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8808762908

I knew these guys were assholes, I just didn't realize that they were bidding and buying from themselves for whatever reason.  Anyway, I just sent this into Ebay:

Listing Violations > Fraudulent listings (illegal seller demands, you didn't receive item, etc) > Seller is using other accounts to inflate item price (shill bidding)

Reported Seller: trollandtoadstore
Reported Buyers: renvhoek

Item number(s): 8808762908

Customer concern: I know for a fact based on previous Ebay buying and selling experiences that both of these user IDs are in fact the exact same person. renvhoek is the buying ID used by trollandtoadstore. Please take care of this situation immediately. Thanks.

Hopefully, Ebay will act on this despite the fact that T and T is a larger store. Good riddance I say.........

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:54 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I know that I promsed myself that I wasn't going to do this anymore, but I couldn't help myself on this one.  In lieu of bbarsh's classifieds post he just put a few minutes ago:

viewtopic.php?p=66584#66584

It caused to take a look at his closed auctions.  In doing this, it caused me stumble onto something very interesting indeed.  It seems that renvhoek bought up several of his items.  Now its well known to everyone here that renvhoek is actually the buying ID for none other than the habbitually listed in the "Silliest auction price of the year thread", trollandtoadstore.  Well, for whatever reason, I decided to look at what renvhoek has been bidding on recently:

Welcome to eBay

Upon looking at renvhoek appears to be one of Troll and Toad's better customers. :evil: i.e this listing

eBay '270021258689' - Invalid Item

and this listing as well:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8808762908

I knew these guys were assholes, I just didn't realize that they were bidding and buying from themselves for whatever reason.  Anyway, I just sent this into Ebay:

Hopefully, Ebay will act on this despite the fact that T and T is a larger store. Good riddance I say.........

But why would he bid on his own BIN items :?   Makes no sense???

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:00 pm 

Feedback boosting perhaps? Or maybe as a way of trying to induce others to buy it as well by showing that it was bought by someone else.  Who knows?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:56 am 

bclarkie wrote:Feedback boosting perhaps? Or maybe as a way of trying to induce others to buy it as well by showing that it was bought by someone else.  Who knows?

It's blatant Feedback boosting. Check out the auctions for non-existant products. Moreover, even if they win stuff, the auction can always be "mutally" cancelled by both parties, resulting in no fees and thus no losses...a form of price manipulation, it can be made to seem that a certain item is selling for a certain price when it's not selling at all.

I Hate to say it, but Renvhoek just bought a couple of items from me, and his zip is the same ast Toad and Troll.  That is pretty suspicious. And another interesting tidbit, Ren bought a Dreaming: Kithbook Pooka from me Sept 19th, Troll and Toad lists one ten days ago, very coincidental. I just sold Ren my Ironclad copy, so if one shows up at T&T anytime soon they are busted, those are pretty rare.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 81 of 112123 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 110111112