Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 80 of 112123 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 110111112
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:17 pm 

I have to question the advisibility of posting his home address on a public forum.

Even if he does seem to be a jerk.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:25 pm 

I have no issues with it. Shows us where to go to kick his ass if need be.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:30 pm 

dcas wrote:I have to question the advisibility of posting his home address on a public forum.

Even if he does seem to be a jerk.

You're probably right, I'll edit out a few bits to make it less personal...just copied and pasted the entire mess.

BTW, have now received another semi coherent ranting before I finally blocked all communication. Why, oh why, can't these guys spell or write grammatically correct sentences?  In the latest he says to send his money back because he's shipping back my item he doesn't want it anymore. Unbelieveable.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:37 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:I have no issues with it. Shows us where to go to kick his ass if need be.

Eight years on Ebay and my first totally psychotic buyer. Sigh. And all this over a $12 2nd edition AD&D module that's not very good anyway....and honest, guys, I never said or did a provocative comment or action, hell I was even gracious to the guy when his first payment bounced and I sent him just a form communication from Ebay letting him know to send payment again!  If I bounced a payment and then took a full 30 days to pay for an item, I would be so embarrassed I would be profuse in my apologies.  Hell, at this point I fully expect him to do a chargeback on the paypal payment, along with the inevitiable negative feedback. Good thing the other 99.9 percent of my buyers are mature adults, or can pretend to be one for awhile...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:12 am 

Badmike wrote:
Eight years on Ebay and my first totally psychotic buyer. Sigh. And all this over a $12 2nd edition AD&D module that's not very good anyway....and honest, guys, I never said or did a provocative comment or action, hell I was even gracious to the guy when his first payment bounced and I sent him just a form communication from Ebay letting him know to send payment again!  If I bounced a payment and then took a full 30 days to pay for an item, I would be so embarrassed I would be profuse in my apologies.  Hell, at this point I fully expect him to do a chargeback on the paypal payment, along with the inevitiable negative feedback. Good thing the other 99.9 percent of my buyers are mature adults, or can pretend to be one for awhile...

Mike B.

Mike, as long as he has the NPB Strike in place, he can't leave you a negative feedback.  Ebay removes all feedback left by a buyer systematically as soon as its left after the strike is official.  You have nothing to worry about as far as that goes.  The feedback he leaves will show in text in your feedback but it will show as being removed because the buyer did not respond to a NPB notification and it will not register as a neg.  He is powerless to anything to you.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:50 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Mike, as long as he has the NPB Strike in place, he can't leave you a negative feedback.  Ebay removes all feedback left by a buyer systematically as soon as its left after the strike is official.  You have nothing to worry about as far as that goes.  The feedback he leaves will show in text in your feedback but it will show as being removed because the buyer did not respond to a NPB notification and it will not register as a neg.  He is powerless to anything to you.

Thanks BC. However he's pretty much as told me he's going to charge back on the paypal payment....not much I can do about that, such a low cost item I didn't include delivery confirmation. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens with that and if I get a Paypal notification anytime soon.  What a frikken weirdo. He's sent me another email but since I have him blocked it just ends up in my spam folder; I deleted it without reading it.

Mike B.

First thing this morning, chargeback notice from Paypal was in my mail.  He waited over 30 days to pay me, bouncing a payment in the process, but just five days to file a notice with paypal.   I cannot warn sellers enough about this guy.....IMMEDIATELY block him from bidding on your auctions:

NWvintagegames

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:13 am 

i would leave the strike there personally.

i would also hold onto the funds UNTIL the item is returned and then tell him that the payment must have been lost in the post.

its ppl like that, that i need to take a course of anger management :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:09 am 

Badmike wrote:
You're probably right, I'll edit out a few bits to make it less personal...just copied and pasted the entire mess.

BTW, have now received another semi coherent ranting before I finally blocked all communication. Why, oh why, can't these guys spell or write grammatically correct sentences?  In the latest he says to send his money back because he's shipping back my item he doesn't want it anymore. Unbelieveable.

Mike B.

This idiot sounds just like the guy I left negative feedback for a couple of months ago.  What a freakin' jerk.  Their improper use of grammar remind me of this homeless guy that spent his entire day on the corner panhandling near where I used to work.  The guy couldn't get a coherent thought out of his mouth to save his life.  I think people gave him money just so he would leave them alone.  :roll:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:39 am 

Yet another reason not to use Gaypal.
If you shipped with DC, you are all set. I unfortunately have to require it now from non-Acaeum Paypal users to protect against fraudulent chargebacks.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:54 am 

Badmike wrote:
First thing this morning, chargeback notice from Paypal was in my mail.  He waited over 30 days to pay me, bouncing a payment in the process, but just five days to file a notice with paypal.   I cannot warn sellers enough about this guy.....IMMEDIATELY block him from bidding on your auctions:

NWvintagegames

Mike B.

Mike, just because you didn't get Delivery cConfirmation in this circumstance might not mean that you are screwed necessarily.  Have you saved the email correspondance with him? If you have, you should be able to forward those emails(with all headers showing that they have originated from his own email address that he has set up with Paypal) to the person at Paypal handling your case, as proof of both the fact that he has acknoledged reciept of the item(s) in question and also his intent on fraudulently charging back through PP.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:07 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Mike, Just because you didn't get DC in this circumstance doesn't mean that you are screwed necessarily.  Have you saved the email correspondance with him, becuase if you do, you should be able to forward those emails(with all headers showing that they have originated from his own email address that he has set up with Paypal) to the person at Paypal handling your case as proof of both the fact that he has recived the item(s) in question and also his intent on fraudulently charging back through PP.

I swear I wasn't going to waste another second on this moron, and just let the case wind it's course.  But if you haven't run, not walked, to your computer and blocked this guy (NWvintagegames), here's what he included in the Paypal Dispute on file...yep, this is the ENTIRE reply, spelling and grammatical mistakes left as is:

#1 This E-bayor herrassed me for a payment and so the payment was made shortly after I returned from a business meeting in which I was out of State prior to the auction of his item ending. Thus as soon as I returned I sent payment promptly and prior to the payment being made I complianed to him about a Item strike that he left, He stated it was standard precedure and that once he got the payment he would remove the Item strike. So after the payment was made I asked why he had not removed the Item strike,  The little ass hole thought he was funny in making his demands but he found out differently when I responded to hi little bull crap letter and here it is; Look If I was you I wouldn't play your little game with me. You was paid now remove your damn item strike or ill do more then file a pay pal dispute. My item better come to me in the condition you advertised it as do you understand? Your the one who rushed the gun on things people have lives rather then living on E-Bay 24 -7 I have a real job and I work buddy for a living I don't have the luxery time to spend at home and surf the net and make peoples lives a living hell on e-bay just because they wasn't paid when they wanted to be. Im not leaving you crap but If I do not get that strike removed from my account you will not only get a feed back but a dispute and a report written to e-bay and pay pal so you DECIDE! I can play this game of yours and a 100 times better! Im good at negative feed backs and following them up so you decide! So then like the incompetent fool he is he sends my letter to Safeharbor on E-Bay and says that IThreaten him, He has no idea what a Threat is! Can you Pay Pal or anyone at E-Bay please point out in my letter to him where it says im going to do anything to him as in HARM? NO where does it say that! This is probably some little kid having fun with his daddy e-bay account never the less I want MY MONEY BACK! I know it will take 20 days or a little longer and as he put it that's fine I have time and I can wait! Ive not recieved any item and he has nopt sent any confirmation that he has sent the item furthermore he has had a complaint by a prior customer within this month that an item same or close to what I purchased came to that person with a Cockroach dead in side, I have no desire to recieve anything from him. It's clear that this man is not stable and might even be just like a I said a little kid playing on Daddy computer. Any further attempt by this E-Bayor to contact me will be reguarded as unlawfull herrassment and I would be within my rights to file legal charges. Furthermore his attempt to mess up my business affairs on E-Bay with his lies and threats and so on will only result in a legal law suit filed against him and his legal guardians. How far I wonder would he like to take the game! See he thinks it's all a game and thats fine because I can come down to his level and play the game and play it even better then him. You wanna go to court mike over a Dungeons and Dragon book? You wanna pay for air plane ticket and Puniative damages? Do you seriously think Mike I won't go that far as to file a law suit over this? Think about it because now Im not angry Im pissed off! Refund the money you Con-Artist!

I'm beginning to think this guy is seriously demented.  At this point I'm actually wondering if he's one of those ticking time bombs that has to go off every once in awhile...yikes.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:32 am 

Badmike wrote:
I'm beginning to think this guy is seriously demented.  At this point I'm actually wondering if he's one of those ticking time bombs that has to go off every once in awhile...yikes.

Mike B.

Jeeezus!!!  8O  I wonder what organization would allow psychos like this attend their business meetings?  Ku Klux Klan?  Scientology?  Hezbollah?  Tell you one thing...the asshat needs to take anger management and English as a second language courses pretty darn quick.

Sounds like he is full of hot air.  You have all the proof you need and I am sure Ebay will tell him to piss off.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:37 am 

Yeah, seems like someone needs to get back on ALL of his meds. :roll:  

Seriously though, if you have kept all of his original email correspondance from him, assuming that he has acknowledged reciept at least once in conjunction with his incoherent PP dispute tirade that he has filed with them, this should actually fall in your favor.  The worst part of it all(its quite obvious that he is clueless to this point) is that when he wrote you the bad check he comitted two different types of fraud:

1) Fraud- Because he wrote you a bad check which is a legal contract guaranteeing payment
 2) Mail Fraud- Because he sent a fraudulent payment to you though the mail.

Don't get me wrong, the police wouldnt touch this because it at far as you and they know, this is only a one time thing and also its for only $20. Realistically though, you could take him to Small Claims Court to force payment from him and also make him pay for all of your costs that you incurred trying to collect payment;  i.e. Bounced check fee, court costs, gas money, etc.  You are a business and also a creditor in this circumstance and the only one that has any legal recourse in this circumstance.  Additionally, as a creditor you have a legal right to pursue collection of the debt in question.  Under the fair credit reporting act, he has the rights to opt out of having you call him, but if he continues to owe you this money you could continue to snail mail him asking for the money that he owes.  I am also fairly certain that email would also be classified as okay under the debt collection forms to contact the debtor.   Another thing that you could also do is report him to CHEX systems as being a check bouncer. This record will stay with him for 7 years and during those 7 years nobody will touch him with a 10-foot pole for payment by check until you get paid and record it as such (banks will also be reluctant to open new accounts for him as well if he appears on CHEX system), so if he wants to pay for everything with Money Orders for the next 7 years so be it.

All in all, its probably not worth all that work over $20, but I just wanted to point out that the only one who would be screwed in a court case would be him.  Actually, thinking about it further and his reaction to this whole thing, it is probably a very strong possibility that he has been down this road before with other creditiors and thus his over-reaction.  Deadbeats a lot of times try to go on the attack to try and scare their creditors off, it never works, but they still try it any way. :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:09 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Yeah, seems like someone needs to get back on ALL of his meds. :roll:  

Seriously though, if you have kept all of his original email correspondance from him, assuming that he has acknowledged reciept at least once in conjunction with his incoherent PP dispute tirade that he has filed with them, this should actually fall in your favor.  The worst part of it all(its quite obvious that he is clueless to this point) is that when he wrote you the bad check he comitted two different types of fraud:

1) Fraud- Because he wrote you a bad check which is a legal contract guaranteeing payment
 2) Mail Fraud- Because he sent a fraudulent payment to you though the mail.

Don't get me wrong, the police wouldnt touch this because it at far as you and they know, this is only a one time thing and also its for only $20. Realistically though, you could take him to Small Claims Court to force payment from him and also make him pay for all of your costs that you incurred trying to collect payment;  i.e. Bounced check fee, court costs, gas money, etc.  You are a business and also a creditor in this circumstance and the only one that has any legal recourse in this circumstance.  Additionally, as a creditor you have a legal right to pursue collection of the debt in question.  Under the fair credit reporting act, he has the rights to opt out of having you call him, but if he continues to owe you this money you could continue to snail mail him asking for the money that he owes.  I am also fairly certain that email would also be classified as okay under the debt collection forms to contact the debtor.   Another thing that you could also do is report him to CHEX systems as being a check bouncer. This record will stay with him for 7 years and during those 7 years nobody will touch him with a 10-foot pole for payment by check until you get paid and record it as such (banks will also be reluctant to open new accounts for him as well if he appears on CHEX system), so if he wants to pay for everything with Money Orders for the next 7 years so be it.

All in all, its probably not worth all that work over $20, but I just wanted to point out that the only one who would be screwed in a court case would be him.  Actually, thinking about it further and his reaction to this whole thing, it is probably a very strong possibility that he has been down this road before with other creditiors and thus his over-reaction.  Deadbeats a lot of times try to go on the attack to try and scare their creditors off, it never works, but they still try it any way. :?

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Just so odd because while I've had deadbeat bidders, I've nver had deadbeats to the point of psychosis like this freak.  Plus I gave the benefit of the doubt while I have surely learned my lesson now and forever: No sending until the check clears; No feedback until I get feedback first.  I've decided to send all my correspondence to Paypal and hopefully they will see what a train wreck he is.  I've already resigned to losing the $17, which in the scheme of things is less than a movie and dinner, so I'll drag this out as long as possible and attempt to make this unresolved for him as long as possible.  Someone this nutty must have lots of issues going on in their life right now, if I'm lucky they will keep him so busy he'll forget about the entire thing anyway.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:08 pm 

Mike, regardless of the hassle, you should hammer this idiot into the ground, or he will pull the same stunt at some point in the future. It might just be me, but I never chuck in the towel when someone has wronged me. Heck, I was about to fly out and have a little chat with Maxine until my wife suggested the FBI route. That case was slightly more extreme than this, but the principle is the same. You run into Internet Conans like this dumbass all the time, guys who spout off and act tough but are in reality two-toothed hicks who couldn't spell dog if you spotted them the d and the g and gave them 27 tries.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:25 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Mike, regardless of the hassle, you should hammer this idiot into the ground, or he will pull the same stunt at some point in the future. It might just be me, but I never chuck in the towel when someone has wronged me. Heck, I was about to fly out and have a little chat with Maxine until my wife suggested the FBI route. That case was slightly more extreme than this, but the principle is the same. You run into Internet Conans like this dumbass all the time, guys who spout off and act tough but are in reality two-toothed hicks who couldn't spell dog if you spotted them the d and the g and gave them 27 tries.

defo agree with frank on this one mike. take it all the way just for the hell of it. the lad clearly needs a lesson in how not to mess with ppl.

go for it man!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:54 pm 

Badmike wrote:Eight years on Ebay and my first totally psychotic buyer. Sigh. And all this over a $12 2nd edition AD&D module that's not very good anyway

Mike, how's this for an eerie coincidence?

I, too, have been on eBay for roughly eight years and have had exactly one totally OTT, psychotic buyer. In fact, it was about a year ago, now that I think about it ... yes, it's coming back to me now.

I was threatened with lawsuits, sanctions from eBay and PayPal, and a non-stop campaign to ruin my good standing as an eBay seller. And all because I left a neutral feedback ... not even a negative.

But here's the best part: it was all over a used Beach Boys CD that sold for $2.50! 8O

+++++

I might be in the minority here, but I say just move on — why waste your time and energy on people who have this level of persecution complex? You absolutely cannot reason with idiots like this. Block him, do what you have to do to limit your financial losses, and move on to better things. A year from now, you'll still be selling and he'll be a distant memory.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:09 pm 

in the end, i am just all for going round to see him and rearranging his face :)

THEN i can move on :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 80 of 112123 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 110111112