Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 79 of 112123 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:13 am 

IttyBitty wrote:
Me neither :evil:

Hey Itty, you've given me a shilling complex.  Lately, I feel like a shill bidder since all I seem to do is push up your high bid.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:15 am 

Mars wrote:
Hey Itty, you've given me a shilling complex.  Lately, I feel like a shill bidder since all I seem to do is push up your high bid.

hehe :)

i feel like i am a stepping-stone most times :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:21 pm 

So I got outbid on EBAY by the Cougar Retard...should I warn the "noob" seller about his rep? (Yeah, I can be nasty now and then :twisted: )

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:32 pm 

Though I am under no delusion or illusion that you will post my response, I advocate that, perhaps, you should take a close look at your own kind, your own kind of D&D collectors.  For the last few days, I have been the object of discussion on your "shady dealer's" board.  I am shill by your standards and as a result my honor has been impugned.  Though your allegations and presentation of evidence follows some logic, I must say that your discussion reveals more about your group of collectors or buyers and sellers, which in and of itself is an interesting façade or mask that many of you of wear, then any people you critique or criticize. For example, about 1 out of 3 of the people involved in the discussion of my "inappropriate" behavior were involved in personal emails sent to me at [email protected] or [email protected] making private offers, which seems inappropriate by your so-called standards.  In addition, they instructed me "how to end an auction" and "how to get the most out of an auction" all in an effort to get the auction closed.  After my auction was in fact closed, the offers increased five-fold from people all over the globe.  As for the great detector of shills, a certain glee or even giddiness is evident in keeping a close-to-perfect record and maintaining a certain reputation of "radar" omniscience.  All in all, I'd say a complete self-examination is an order.

Mask1003 or Patrick Russell LeBeau

mask1003 or Patrick Russell LeBeau

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:36 pm 

*shrugs* bloody waste of money anyway :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:18 pm 

lebeau wrote:As for the great detector of shills, a certain glee or even giddiness is evident in keeping a close-to-perfect record and maintaining a certain reputation of "radar" omniscience.  All in all, I'd say a complete self-examination is an order.

Mask1003 or Patrick Russell LeBeau

Yep, thats me.  :D  I sure do like to call out all the thieves, liars and cheats in the world.  By most people standards though, that is the what the good honest people of society do. I am not exactly sure what standards you live by so I am not exactly sure as to why I would need any sort of self-examination.  Then again  since you are not only a scammer but also a liar as well, as evidenced by your email correspondances with one of the posters here,  then maybe I should have expected that type of a response.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:22 pm 

Well, I already admitted to making a private offer before the auction ended, and to pointing Patrick to this thread.

I still think it's a damn shame the auction was brought down.  Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:25 pm 

bombadil wrote:I still think it's a damn shame the auction was brought down.  Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Well, he has admitted in his own post that he shilled the auction how much more guilty do you need than that?

Whatever, I am done with this, this has become a fucking joke.  You go ahead and side with the liar/shiller Stephen, whatever makes you happy. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:30 pm 

Holy shit, people, keep it to four-letter or less words. Us idiots can't understand it.

LeBlow, the revelation of your shilling was a boon to the community at large. Your nefarious behavior only reinforces the fact that an increasing number of sellers are resorting to unsavory tactics in order to pillage the wallets of hapless collectors. We as a whole are indebted to bclarkie for shining the searing light of truth upon your valueless carcass, and the fact that eBay condemned your shil account to the nether realms validates the commonly held opinion that they are singularly concerned with profit, else they would have extinguished your selling account with the same fell stroke.

Or, as draco would say:

LOL u noob wtf r u pisin about ROFLMAO

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:37 pm 

lebeau wrote:I am shill by your standards and as a result my honor has been impugned.

I'm a bit confused by this sentence.  Are you saying you are a shill and have dishonored yourself, or are you saying that you are not a shill but were dishonored by the accusation?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:09 pm 

NetRodent wrote:
I'm a bit confused by this sentence.  Are you saying you are a shill and have dishonored yourself, or are you saying that you are not a shill but were dishonored by the accusation?

Glad you asked that - I'm not sure myself. Has this definitely been proved to be a shill?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:20 pm 

Impugned......... I think it means he shit his pants. Not sure about that one.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:42 pm 

gyg wrote:
Glad you asked that - I'm not sure myself. Has this definitely been proved to be a shill?

As I mentioned in the other thread . . . ebay took his auction down.  That means they had enough evidence to jusitify (and more than likely completely prove) that it was a shill bid.  They can see all the private registration info that we can't . . . they can track the bidding/selling IP address.  

They didn't just take down the auction because they received an email from clarkie that it was a shill - they found their own proof.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:02 am 

Mars wrote:

No, you not a shill but....STOP IT....your costing me money... :lol:

I'm scared to open this months credit card bill... :lol:

But my hat goes off to BC for catching the shill, I obviously don't have the talent 'cause I looked at his evidence and went 'Huh?',

There was something that I was obviously not seeing.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:40 pm 

lebeau wrote:As for the great detector of shills, a certain glee or even giddiness is evident in keeping a close-to-perfect record and maintaining a certain reputation of "radar" omniscience.

One must be proud of one's work, be it shilling or detecting shillers.

lebeau wrote: All in all, I'd say a complete self-examination is an order.

You have admitted to shilling, and you appear satisfied with that aspect of yourself.  What does that imply about your own self-examination?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:54 pm 

lebeau wrote:Though your allegations and presentation of evidence follows some logic, I must say that your discussion reveals more about your group of collectors or buyers and sellers, which in and of itself is an interesting façade or mask that many of you of wear, then any people you critique or criticize.

I am glad that the Acaeum has a wide variety of personalities who behave in different ways.  And if someone has attempted to persuade you to end an auction early, then that is his right.

If you mean to imply that some Acaeum members are hypocrites, then you may be correct, depending on how you word your definition of that word.  Does that implication have any relevance to your shilling?

If you wish to sow seeds of discord, then you have done your part. Online communities are dynamic, and members sometimes post messages and behave in ways that violate others' code of conduct.  The signal-to-noise ration grows, tempers flare, etc.  Again, this is on par with getting in a bar fight or breaking the speed limit; it's nothing new and happens all of the time.

And as for your impugned honor, shilling is not an honest way in which to conduct an eBay auction.  No one with "honor" shills.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:14 pm 

As I've stated here before, the worst thing in my opinion that an episode like this can do is create rifts in the Acaeum community.  It's not clear to me why that tends to happen.  It got very ugly during the JonB/Eastern Treasure Chest/Easter C*ckfest era, for those of you who remember that.  Fortunately, it didn't get as bad this time.  It does seem like there've been some dull tones on the boards for the past few months, though, and I hope that trend reverses.  This place has been a hell of a lot of fun to hang out in, and I've learned a lot by coming here.  I'm sure most of us view it that way.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:09 pm 

ifearyeti wrote:
He outbid me on that auction and then sent me a little note through e-bay saying that he would pay whatever it took to get that module. Seemed like an odd thing to do. I resisted the temptation of trying to discover the exact $ amount of "whatever it takes" however.

Well, NWvintagegames officially took it to the next level of psycho.  He finally paid me, and I didn't immediately remove his dispute strike.  So I got this email today:

Look If I was you I wouldn't play your little game with me. You was paid now remove your damn item strike or ill do more then file a pay pal dispute.  Your the one who rushed the gun on things people have lives rather then living on E-Bay 24 -7 I have a real job and I work buddy for a living I don't have the luxery time to spend at home and surf the net and make peoples lives a living hell on e-bay just because they wasn't paid when they wanted to be. Im not leaving you crap but If I do not get that strike removed from my account you will not only get a feed back but a dispute and a report written to e-bay  and pay pal so you DECIDE! I can play this game of yours and a 100 times better! Im good at negative feed backs and following them up so you decide!

BTW, to recap, this is the guy whose payment bounced a full 21 days after the auction was over, and then he finally sent payment by paypal over 30 days later.  Unfortunately, I broke my own personal rule and already left the nutcase positive feedback after his first payment attempt, so he has the positive feedback, the item, and a shitty attitude.  I guess blocking him now was a little like shutting the barn door after the horse has wandered out, but all I can do at this point is advise all other ebay sellers to block the name NWvintagegames..below is the total info. Believe me you will definitely be saving yourself some future trouble.

nwvintagegames ([email protected])
Buyer's registered address
Joshua Neff

Zillah, WA  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 79 of 112123 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 110111112