Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 76 of 112123 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 110111112
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:26 am 

MShipley88 wrote:
Well...I don't know if fat gamers automatically suck  :x , but Coug does remind me of one of Stephen King's characters.  He reads an awful lot like Harold Lauder from The Stand, if Harold had been a titanium rated Ebay seller.

Mark  8)

Hey wait a minute!!  8O "I don't know if fat gamers automatically suck"????
I certainly don't fit the stereotype--well north of three bills--and one of the reasons I got into D&D was that size and strength (of the players, not the PC's) DIDN'T matter! :)

BTW . . . is there such a thing as a "very good copy of H1"? (One without a crushed box, that is!) :)  :)  :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:39 am 

I mean...I don't think being fat makes a bad gamer.  Hopefully.

Coug reminds me of Harold Lauder because of his bluster.  He practically screamed at me in our one exchange of communications.  His insistence on his exalted Ebay status seems like the shrill voice of a rather insecure fellow.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:43 pm 

Cougar should have his own thread ---- The reason I hate and or despise the silly kitty cat with delusions of granduer  :lol:  :lol: ...

Also include one of the kitty pictures.. For some reason I always laugh seeing a cougar in the kitchen.

Maraudar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:04 pm 

Kitty is ready to go home to file a claim for a missing M-bag.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:27 pm 

Time to form (in the interests of democracy) the Cougar for president campaign.

Pros ...

dealt with cougar numerous times .....

experience ???

price (good)

item decsription POOR ..  described as VGC  when received they were Near Mint

delivery ... prompt

Cons ..

A billion caveats ... feedback blackmailer ...

Vote Cougar you know you want to ..

Go on, go on go on go on go on go on go on go on

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:47 pm 

Cougar for President?  You gotta be kidding.  At least Bush doesn't go around calling everything "VGC".

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:33 am 

No, he uses WMD.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:59 am 

sleepyCO wrote:

Hey wait a minute!!  8O "I don't know if fat gamers automatically suck"????
I certainly don't fit the stereotype--well north of three bills--and one of the reasons I got into D&D was that size and strength (of the players, not the PC's) DIDN'T matter! :)

BTW . . . is there such a thing as a "very good copy of H1"? (One without a crushed box, that is!) :)  :)  :D

I'm no skinny thing myself...but I just threw that in there as the perfect stereotype of the junk food eating, cola swilling, no exercise doing gamer. I mean, it's gotten to the point where I cringe when my wife goes with me on those very seldom ocassions to the local game/comic store....inevitably there are a couple of big guys, no problem there, but they always have stained, too small t-shirts on, bad personal hygiene, and they are ogling covers of the newest issue of Supergirl while commenting on what local fast food franchise has the tastiest grease.  If I'm lucky, when my wife is there they don't amble over to the game section and start making inane gaming comments about their 19/5/4 lvl Druid/half dragon/sadist with Kung Fu grip and Great Cleave that killed an army of dire kobolds at the gaming table the last night....that  always sends my wife out the door giggling.  It just reinforces every neg thought she has about gamers being the outcast dregs of the universe.  I want to pull aside Chubs and Orca and say "Look, dudes, it takes FIVE MINUTES to take a shower, wash your hair, throw on some deordorant cologone, brush your teeth, and pick out a shirt that's XXXXL from your closet.  And for gods sake MIX IN A SALAD between the visits to Dickie's BBQ and Chicken Express!  Or at least a diet Coke....."
  Ok, so I'm a little peeved, last night two GIGANTIC dudes were in the local gamestore eating greasy BBQ AT THE COUNTER while pawing through the rack of Goodman Games stuff nearby.  When I went to checkout, there were stains on the counter, and the odor of unwashed human everywhere.  Sheesh.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:40 pm 

Maraudar wrote:Cougar should have his own thread

The Cougar and H-1

Feedback Extortion from Cougar...

How the hell is cougarrinard a Titanium powerseller?????????

cougarrinard has GOT to be a millionare

God couger is a retard and should be kicked off ebay....

Sorry, didn't have time to use the shorter links. The last one, BTW, is an all-time classic ... :)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:58 pm 

Thanks Xax. I was feeling too lazy to search for the kitty. Harami's pic of Cougar at the coffee maker is funny as hell.

Maraudar

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:49 pm 

I used to howl when I read draco's e-mails. Couger. The hilarious part is he didn't even realize it!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:50 pm 

Didn't Ralf get into a huge catfight with Cougie a while back?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:30 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Didn't Ralf get into a huge catfight with Cougie a while back?

whatever happened to Ralf?

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:21 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
whatever happened to Ralf?

He bought the old TSR game price guide from me about a month ago on eBay.  I told him he was missed and he said he had been busy and was just getting back into collecting again.  Hopefully he'll pop up here some time soon.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:42 pm 

His last visit here was on my birthday last year. We need the German factor back.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:08 pm 

I was wondering what the hell happened to Ralf.  He is certainly missed.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:42 pm 

Badmike wrote:
I'm no skinny thing myself...but I just threw that in there as the perfect stereotype of the junk food eating, cola swilling, no exercise doing gamer. I mean, it's gotten to the point where I cringe when my wife goes with me on those very seldom ocassions to the local game/comic store....inevitably there are a couple of big guys, no problem there, but they always have stained, too small t-shirts on, bad personal hygiene, and they are ogling covers of the newest issue of Supergirl while commenting on what local fast food franchise has the tastiest grease.  If I'm lucky, when my wife is there they don't amble over to the game section and start making inane gaming comments about their 19/5/4 lvl Druid/half dragon/sadist with Kung Fu grip and Great Cleave that killed an army of dire kobolds at the gaming table the last night....that  always sends my wife out the door giggling.  It just reinforces every neg thought she has about gamers being the outcast dregs of the universe.  I want to pull aside Chubs and Orca and say "Look, dudes, it takes FIVE MINUTES to take a shower, wash your hair, throw on some deordorant cologone, brush your teeth, and pick out a shirt that's XXXXL from your closet.  And for gods sake MIX IN A SALAD between the visits to Dickie's BBQ and Chicken Express!  Or at least a diet Coke....."
  Ok, so I'm a little peeved, last night two GIGANTIC dudes were in the local gamestore eating greasy BBQ AT THE COUNTER while pawing through the rack of Goodman Games stuff nearby.  When I went to checkout, there were stains on the counter, and the odor of unwashed human everywhere.  Sheesh.

Mike B.

MikeB---at least your wife just giggles when she hears gamers talk about their characters &/or adventures.  I would hope you do the same to her when she's talking about characters on her favorite recurring TV soap opera or talk show! :lol:
BTW, where IS this place you are describing--between the fried-chicken restaurant and the BBQ place? :)
Where I go to find things, it's the SKINNY people who have the problems you describe; them and their kids/rugrats!

Seriously--I do agree with you on several points; I go crazy when someone plays Monopoly with me, for example, and eats buttered popcorn, and I get nervous when they put down their glass of diet Coke next to the board.  (I also collect versions of Monopoly as well as D&D.)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:47 pm 

sleepyCO wrote:
Seriously--I do agree with you on several points; I go crazy when someone plays Monopoly with me, for example, and eats buttered popcorn, and I get nervous when they put down their glass of diet Coke next to the board.

That's what the fighting wheel is for - at least the lamenated ones.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 76 of 112123 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 110111112