Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 75 of 112123 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:30 pm 

Mars wrote:I know there are lots of reasons to dislike the isoldit franchise.  Here's another.  I inquired about shipping to Canada on the Woodgrain set up by isoldit.ks0208.  Here's the response I got:

"we can ship to canada with a 20% buyers premium added to the selling price and also to the shipping price."

Heh, only 20%?!  :roll: Is that even legal?

Aside, has anyone confirmed the printing on that set yet? I was too lazy to ask. :oops:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:33 pm 

Mars wrote:I know there are lots of reasons to dislike the isoldit franchise.  Here's another.  I inquired about shipping to Canada on the Woodgrain set up by isoldit.ks0208.  Here's the response I got:

"we can ship to canada with a 20% buyers premium added to the selling price and also to the shipping price."

At that rate it would almost be cheaper to buy a plane ticket to Topeka and pick it up in person.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:06 am 

I never believed that Coug was not reading the Acaeum postings.  He is too wild about his Ebay feedback and just too aggressive not to come here.

I don't really know why Coug acts the way he does.  It is puzzling.  Is it a need to avoid being wrong?  Is it an assurance that he never is wrong?

It would be so much easier just to be polite, honest and truthful.   Certainly, he is working hard at being mean.

How many of us have bought from him despite his behavior?  Quite a number, if I reckon right.  Imagine how valued a member he would be if he came here as a real human being!

Not only are manners free but they are cheaper and more rewarding than bad manners.  I don't understand people who choose bad behavior as a standard modus operandi.  Is it that they are unaware of their behavior, or are they just not built to be civil?  

Coug...if you read these posts...why not invent a new version of yourself and enjoy the even larger sales you could be having?

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:36 am 

MShipley88 wrote:I never believed that Coug was not reading the Acaeum postings.  He is too wild about his Ebay feedback and just too aggressive not to come here.

I don't really know why Coug acts the way he does.  It is puzzling.  Is it a need to avoid being wrong?  Is it an assurance that he never is wrong?

It would be so much easier just to be polite, honest and truthful.   Certainly, he is working hard at being mean.

How many of us have bought from him despite his behavior?  Quite a number, if I reckon right.  Imagine how valued a member he would be if he came here as a real human being!

Not only are manners free but they are cheaper and more rewarding than bad manners.  I don't understand people who choose bad behavior as a standard modus operandi.  Is it that they are unaware of their behavior, or are they just not built to be civil?  

Coug...if you read these posts...why not invent a new version of yourself and enjoy the even larger sales you could be having?

Mark   8)

I don't think Cougie can ever change....unfortunately our hobby breeds misanthropes just liike any group and for these it's almost impossible to change.  Just think of the one guy in your D&D group that would argue the interpretaion of Charm Person for hours or would rant about the 2nd edition Magic Missile spell "hosing" his uber mage and you have a picture of what an unlikeable twit this guy probably is, the ultimate rules lawyer who can't even get the rules right but likes to bitch about it anyway.  Ugh. I just know he's fat and has BO and bad breath to complete the picture...

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:01 am 

If he starts a new ID, he loses his ruby-encrusted Plutonium Powerstealer status.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:59 am 

Badmike wrote:
Just think of the one guy in your D&D group that would argue the interpretaion of Charm Person for hours or would rant about the 2nd edition Magic Missile spell "hosing" his uber mage and you have a picture of what an unlikeable twit this guy probably is, the ultimate rules lawyer who can't even get the rules right but likes to bitch about it anyway.  Ugh. I just know he's fat and has BO and bad breath to complete the picture...

Mike B.

Ugh, I know him!  And he IS fat, and always smells like a mix of barbeque sauce and sweat   I get a headache being around him for more than 10 minutes, it's gotten to the point that if I find out he's coming to a game I don't go.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:54 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Aside, has anyone confirmed the printing on that set yet? I was too lazy to ask. :oops:

I asked and got an "it says copyright 1974" back.  I also asked about additional sheets and got "what you see is what you get".  [insert Twat emoticon here]

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:02 pm 

BTW This is the Feedback he left for me....   WORSTE EBAYER EVER, AVOID UNLES YOU WANT -FB, HIDES FB PRIVATE THINKS HIMSELF IT  Seller   cougarrinard( 6430)    08-Sep-06 21:19    
** expired/removed eBay auction **
   HIDES LIES PRIVATE FB, DO NOT TRUST, DONT PAY FOR INS. & EXPECTS INS? STRIKE 1?  Seller   cougarrinard( 6430)    10-Sep-06 19:34    
** expired/removed eBay auction **
 :cry: OMG !!! I am the WORSTE ebayer ever !!! And I think myself IT !!! And I HIDES LIES PRIVATE FB...I think these are insults... Although I am trying to learn Couglish I still have translation problems  :roll: .You can see what I left for him... AND he stupidly tried to reply which meant I COULD EXPAND UPON MY FEEDBACK !!! Wasn't the brightest thing he has done. I had a quick mail with gwen bloo who left the other feedback. Basically she is disgusted and refuses to talk or be involved with him and has another 2 identities - all with higher feedback. She has asked EBay to wipe that ID.

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it." Margaret Thatcher

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:05 pm 

Couglish...more than just a language, it's a disease.

Let mirth prevail!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:48 pm 

bombadil wrote:Couglish...more than just a language, it's a disease.

ARGHHHHHHHHH NOW I AM DISEASED !!!!!

*emote* Runs around Macauly Culkin style screaming...

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it." Margaret Thatcher

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:26 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Just as a follow through.  Here is Ebay's BS response to my inquiry.

"Please understand, we would like to give you as much assistance as
possible to help you resolve the situation. However, eBay cannot get
involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. eBay's
role is simply to provide a place for buyers and sellers to trade. We
have no control over whether a buyer or seller follows through and
completes a particular transaction."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:43 pm 

Is it possible that they are making a reference to the rate of exchange between the U.S. dollar and the Canadian? That is, is it possible that they believe that you intend to pay them in (less-valuable) Canadian dollars than in U.S. dollars?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:54 pm 

By the way, covfc1987 reposted his Kandroc. I ended up with an Unpaid Item strike after a huge row over his shilling. 'Twould be appreciated if everyone here would steer clear of it. eBay as usual promised to investigate, then tagged me with an UI.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:32 pm 

dcas wrote:Is it possible that they are making a reference to the rate of exchange between the U.S. dollar and the Canadian? That is, is it possible that they believe that you intend to pay them in (less-valuable) Canadian dollars than in U.S. dollars?

No, with isoldsh*t I don't think there can be misunderstanding with that.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:38 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:By the way, covfc1987 reposted his Kandroc. I ended up with an Unpaid Item strike after a huge row over his shilling. 'Twould be appreciated if everyone here would steer clear of it. eBay as usual promised to investigate, then tagged me with an UI.

Looks like someone make them a buy-it-now offer because it isn't up anymore.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:11 pm 

Might be because I told him that I warned everyone about his shilling.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:52 am 

Badmike wrote:
I don't think Cougie can ever change....unfortunately our hobby breeds misanthropes just liike any group and for these it's almost impossible to change.  Just think of the one guy in your D&D group that would argue the interpretaion of Charm Person for hours or would rant about the 2nd edition Magic Missile spell "hosing" his uber mage and you have a picture of what an unlikeable twit this guy probably is, the ultimate rules lawyer who can't even get the rules right but likes to bitch about it anyway.  Ugh. I just know he's fat and has BO and bad breath to complete the picture...

Mike B.

Well...I don't know if fat gamers automatically suck  :x , but Coug does remind me of one of Stephen King's characters.  He reads an awful lot like Harold Lauder from The Stand, if Harold had been a titanium rated Ebay seller.

Mark  8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:58 am 

MShipley88 wrote:
Well...I don't know if fat gamers automatically suck  :x , but Coug does remind me of one of Stephen King's characters.  He reads an awful lot like Harold Lauder from The Stand, if Harold had been a titanium rated Ebay seller.

Mark  8)

What about Cougar do you find similar to Harold Lauder?

1)  Women wont have sex with him.
2)  Bad acne.
3)  Whines incessantly and is intimidated by everyone.
4)  Blows people up just to get his hands on a VG copy of H1.
5)  All of the above.

:P

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 75 of 112123 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 110111112