Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 74 of 112123 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 110111112
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:10 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
I don't know man, not shipping items out and then lying and saying that they were returned by the PO on multiple occasions is pretty shady to me.  It almost seems like to me that you have to initiate a Paypal dispute before they will even act at all, which to me isn't lazy, thats fraud..........

Good to see that F*** going down, but I see he responded to my negative saying he refunded (another lie).
So how can I reply to this as I don't see anything that allows me to?

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:15 pm 

Plaag wrote:

Good to see that F*** going down, but I see he responded to my negative saying he refunded (another lie).
So how can I reply to this as I don't see anything that allows me to?

ShaneG.

Shane, go here:

Feedback

And use the link that says Follow up to feedback left . :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:23 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Shane, go here:

Feedback

And use the link that says Follow up to feedback left . :wink:

Awesome, thanks. And yeah I'm a newbie when it comes to this  :)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:26 pm 

Plaag wrote:
Awesome, thanks. And yeah I'm a newbie when it comes to this  :)

ShaneG.

i just checked them two auctions shane. there is NO way that is a different book, the price sticker is in exactly the same place and why would he have two of them?

ah he's just a numbnut and deserves everything he's got coming to him.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:46 am 

That's the first time I've seen multiple pages of negs, then neutrals etc.(gave up after the third. Life's too short)

I'm sure he's confused as all hell and thinks he needs an even spread of numbers in each of the feedback categories.... :roll:

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:51 am 

bclarkie wrote:Look at buzz810 now:

eBay Feedback Profile for buzz810

Wow, crash and burn baby, crash and burn. Yikes!!!  8O

<rant>  Aside, looking at thier feedback, never in my life have I ever, and I mean ever read some many times that a seller has claim the excuse, "Item was returned to us in the mail and we will have to ship it out again". You know over a 7 year period, I've had over 1200 different sales in my EBay career and I have only had 2 different packages that I had sent out get returned to me.  Of those 2 packages, one of them was returned due to the fact that the buyer gave me a fake address, which really only one of them was returned due to a postal error. What a crock of sh*t.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: </rant>

BC, I must chime in, I had THREE packages returned just this summer.  It must be a record. Not to mention all three had the correct address, and on a resend, all three got there perfectly fine.  Maybe the USPS people just took a month off or something this summer and some trained chimps took over, or the trained chimps they already had working were on strike.  But I agree, it doesn't happen THAT much.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:20 pm 

Well, just had to take the legendary COUGARRINARD to task via EBay... I guess some of you saw what went on via my ABOUT ME page (Which I have since removed for reasons that will become clear in the future and NO it was ME that took them down...)

He advertised a GAZETTER for D&D as "VGC" and it turned up without the map or counters sheet... This started a series of emails during which he threatened and generally sent abuse in his usual illiterate style. I had a bid on another of his items - one of the ENCYCLOPEDIA MAGICA's - and I asked for him to please ignore my bid as I wanted nothing further to do with him but he decided to try and act big and declined my request. I paid for it with reservations - providing a £5.00 p&p fee & asking for it sent recorded. He was blocked from sending mail and my PC scans incoming mail and obliterates anything containing his name/s. Now the £5.00 was more than enough to cover p&p AND a signature... He didn't do that - He allegedly sent it without... AND IT NEVER ARRIVED (SHOCK !!!! HORROR !!!!). After 1 email for which I stopped the email block he had a temper tantrum (stamping of little feet etc... *sigh*) so I instigated a PAYPAL claim... OH BOY - HE WAS F U R I O U S ! ! ! ! !  The threats and insults were amazing.... HOW DARE I OPPOSE A POWER SELLER ???? He was going to do all sorts like get me kicked from EBAY !!! He claimed he has no insurance on it... ALL UK MAIL HAS BASIC INSURANCE AS LONG AS A CERTIFICATE OF POSTING IS OBTAINED. Now I guess either 1. It has gone missing in the post and like a Muppet didnt get a Cert. 2. It has gone missing and he DID get a Cert so will have claimed back the sellers fees AND got his claim from the Post Office or 3. Simply did not send it. I shall leave you to decide - but in each one he is at fault !

Anyway he started a Non-Payment claim via EBAY before the end of the PAYPAL one and has tried to get a strike (& FAILED I might add  :lol:  )

Got Negative feedback but I had left similar for him & I think mine is a bit more damning. Mine is Private anyway because I dabble in Egyptian Artefacts & I dont want anyone really to see what I buy/sell. I have another Ebay account anyways thats at 100%... So far COUGARRINARD with his 99.3% has been my only neg giver...

But as he points out HE runs a successful Internet business as well as having other concerns like renting out second properties. HE has had over 10,000 successful sales in the past year...

Interesting statements to make to make to a Government Officer especially as we are currently looking at cases on EBay etc...  :twisted:

But anyway - General Advice : Avoid DM WHITFIELD or COUGARRINARD as he misrepresents items as VGC (Which in his meaning = bits missing & poor - the GAZ was even torn & had pen marks in it !!!!) and cries and stamps his foot if you pull him up on it.

AND he admitted in a mail he comes here to read still :)

Anyway he has been returned to the FULLY BLOCKED status on my email :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:41 pm 

celmive wrote:Well, just had to take the legendary COUGARRINARD to task via EBay... I guess some of you saw what went on via my ABOUT ME page (Which I have since removed for reasons that will become clear in the future and NO it was ME that took them down...)

He advertised a GAZETTER for D&D as "VGC" and it turned up without the map or counters sheet... This started a series of emails during which he threatened and generally sent abuse in his usual illiterate style. I had a bid on another of his items - one of the ENCYCLOPEDIA MAGICA's - and I asked for him to please ignore my bid as I wanted nothing further to do with him but he decided to try and act big and declined my request. I paid for it with reservations - providing a £5.00 p&p fee & asking for it sent recorded. He was blocked from sending mail and my PC scans incoming mail and obliterates anything containing his name/s. Now the £5.00 was more than enough to cover p&p AND a signature... He didn't do that - He allegedly sent it without... AND IT NEVER ARRIVED (SHOCK !!!! HORROR !!!!). After 1 email for which I stopped the email block he had a temper tantrum (stamping of little feet etc... *sigh*) so I instigated a PAYPAL claim... OH BOY - HE WAS F U R I O U S ! ! ! ! !  The threats and insults were amazing.... HOW DARE I OPPOSE A POWER SELLER ???? He was going to do all sorts like get me kicked from EBAY !!! He claimed he has no insurance on it... ALL UK MAIL HAS BASIC INSURANCE AS LONG AS A CERTIFICATE OF POSTING IS OBTAINED. Now I guess either 1. It has gone missing in the post and like a Muppet didnt get a Cert. 2. It has gone missing and he DID get a Cert so will have claimed back the sellers fees AND got his claim from the Post Office or 3. Simply did not send it. I shall leave you to decide - but in each one he is at fault !

Anyway he started a Non-Payment claim via EBAY before the end of the PAYPAL one and has tried to get a strike (& FAILED I might add  :lol:  )

Got Negative feedback but I had left similar for him & I think mine is a bit more damning. Mine is Private anyway because I dabble in Egyptian Artefacts & I dont want anyone really to see what I buy/sell. I have another Ebay account anyways thats at 100%... So far COUGARRINARD with his 99.3% has been my only neg giver...

But as he points out HE runs a successful Internet business as well as having other concerns like renting out second properties. HE has had over 10,000 successful sales in the past year...

Interesting statements to make to make to a Government Officer especially as we are currently looking at cases on EBay etc...  :twisted:

But anyway - General Advice : Avoid DM WHITFIELD or COUGARRINARD as he misrepresents items as VGC (Which in his meaning = bits missing & poor - the GAZ was even torn & had pen marks in it !!!!) and cries and stamps his foot if you pull him up on it.

AND he admitted in a mail he comes here to read still :)

Anyway he has been returned to the FULLY BLOCKED status on my email :)

Nothing shocking in anything there.  Muppethead (aka Cougie) just pulling the usual bag of tricks in his ever so tired repertoire.  Congrats to you for leaving a neg; I have a feeling that if everyone who WANTED to leave a neg actually did, we wouldn't have to worry about Cougie the double diamond encrusted powerseller because his feedback would be about 70% and he wouldn't have any Powerseller status to strut around. Why do I get the mental picture of Cougie proudly pasting up his "Greatest Powerseller in the WURLD!" homemade badge  to his chest and bouncing around the house with it on, taking a picture with it on to show his mommy, looking at himself in the mirror, showing it on the webcam to the "ladies" who put on the live shows, telling the postman about it as he stops by for his daily pickup (low spot of that person's day), Showing it to waitresses and waiters in the local pub who quickly stop by to drop off a Zima, etc etc.  As has been said here, his one weak spot seems to be his feedback....if more people knew this, they could probably get away with not having to put up with his moronic ranting by just threatening negs.  For some reason that does seem to really unhinge him.
  Any chance you could post the emails he sent you?  Funny reading, I'm sure.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:41 pm 

I sure will do... They are real "Joe Maplin" style with a huge chunk of "Jackanory" in there (They are references for UK readers...)I love his use of a "?" - truly amazing... he has re-invented English ! We should call it Couglish !!!!

It will be end of the week - start of next week before I do post as I have a lot on these next couple of days or so and I will need to dig them out...

He wont be a happy bunny though !!!!

I had to meet him head on - I have NEVER given into bullies. I really have no idea how someone with such poor use of English ever managed to comprehend roleplaying games - much less DM them... Thats if he ever did ! Anyone here EVER come across him as a player ???

I see him in my minds eye as a kind of I R Baboon - or I R Powaseller !!! Even to the point of speaking in the same style as said character.

I guess in his own habitat he is a placid little fellow and maybe even semi-likable. Someone must love him somewhere.... must they not ???

The only reason I would say that he has kept his % score on Ebay is through threats and bully boy tactics... Look at the number of mutually removed Feedbacks on his account...

Anyway - gotta go... Busy doing homework reading some info on a Case I am investigating before referring  :twisted:

Will post soon

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:51 pm 

celmive wrote:
I had to meet him head on - I have NEVER given into bullies. I really have no idea how someone with such poor use of English ever managed to comprehend roleplaying games - much less DM them... Thats if he ever did ! Anyone here EVER come across him as a player ???

Well, maybe he's never played....as his page says, he was obviously BORN TO DM!!!!!  Although the group that allows him to run them through a dungeon must be desperate or in need of a laugh. I have a feeling he must DM like he runs his business...hellbent on pounding your skull in with a "his way or the highway" style.  I rather play computer games than join that group...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:52 pm 

Well, celmive, unless I'm mistaken my experiences with CougarRetard (other than inflicting him with that name) have been two.
#1 was back in '01 when I bought Misty Isles, Dwarven Glory and Infernax from him for $100. Private deal.
#2 was when I won a Curse of Hareth, then won another one by mistake from him again two days later. I had paid for #1, so I asked if he could ship together. He claimed #1 was on the way. I said OK, when it gets here I'll pay for #2. I had paid for insurance as well. When it got here, it was uninsured, and postmarked for 5 DAYS after he claimed it was sent. So, I told him it never arrived and asked about the insurance. He claimed I never got it, so I showed him the Paypal records. He sent #2 in its place.
Now I am not a big fan of deception, but I felt justified in that:

He didn't purchase the insurance I paid for.
He lied about the combined shipping to pocket more money.

That is about the only devious thing I've ever done that I can recall. Needless to say, I don't buy from him anymore. I'm surprised one of the Acaeum UKers hasn't taken a drive up to his place and kicked him around a bit. England isn't THAT big.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:15 pm 

Wow - just went to toolhaus.org to have a look at Coug's feedback - bloody hell it makes interesting (yet slightly monotonous) reading.
I've never had any problem with the chap but I find his whole ebay persona completely amazing. His listings are awful - same nonsense everytime, which he has seemingly never bothered to change (postal increase etc), never listing posage charges (read f/b to see why), as well as still having email problems after all these years.
Bearing in mind he is one of the real high volume D&D sellers I find it incredible that he keeps going with such poor customer service - the way he treats people simply beggars belief. If I were him I'd try and reinvent myself, clean up the listings, be a bit friendlier and generally try and do the things that I promise to do (such as actually giving postal insurance when it's been paid for!). I can't help but feel that  coug could have a much more positive relationship with the D&D community in general if he was a decent, perhaps more humble, person.

Maybe that's it - in his mind he's always right (in a titanium encrusted way) and the rest of us are just the common herd, here only to pander to his world spanning ebay empire.

Seems a shame when examples of decent, high volume sellers abound (Badmike, Beyondthebreach etc). Come on Coug (We know you're there) get yourself to this forum, get some dialog going, and turn your ebay personality around.

#1 was back in '01 when I bought Misty Isles, Dwarven Glory and Infernax from him for $100. Private deal.
- as an aside, anyone else done any private deals with him, particularly for rares? I know that he says he has a couple of everything but I don't see them ever getting sold, except fot the occasional 'photocopy' auction he used to have.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:43 pm 

gyg wrote:Wow - just went to toolhaus.org to have a look at Coug's feedback - bloody hell it makes interesting (yet slightly monotonous) reading.
I've never had any problem with the chap but I find his whole ebay persona completely amazing. His listings are awful - same nonsense everytime, which he has seemingly never bothered to change (postal increase etc), never listing posage charges (read f/b to see why), as well as still having email problems after all these years.
Bearing in mind he is one of the real high volume D&D sellers I find it incredible that he keeps going with such poor customer service - the way he treats people simply beggars belief. If I were him I'd try and reinvent myself, clean up the listings, be a bit friendlier and generally try and do the things that I promise to do (such as actually giving postal insurance when it's been paid for!). I can't help but feel that  coug could have a much more positive relationship with the D&D community in general if he was a decent, perhaps more humble, person.

Maybe that's it - in his mind he's always right (in a titanium encrusted way) and the rest of us are just the common herd, here only to pander to his world spanning ebay empire.

Seems a shame when examples of decent, high volume sellers abound (Badmike, Beyondthebreach etc). Come on Coug (We know you're there) get yourself to this forum, get some dialog going, and turn your ebay personality around.

- as an aside, anyone else done any private deals with him, particularly for rares? I know that he says he has a couple of everything but I don't see them ever getting sold, except fot the occasional 'photocopy' auction he used to have.

What's shocking about Coug is that he works so damn HARD at being an absolute ass.  Like you say, even half that effort applied towards the customer service side, he'd have the entire market of RPG selling all sewn up, instead of many of the largest buyers around refusing to deal with him.  The sheer scope of his incompetence, unlikability, and arrogance is mind boggling.  From "losing" M-Bag shipments that he badgers the poor newbie buyer into sending him, regardless if the auction is UK or not; to badgering buyers for feedback; to insulting and inarticulate negs, to badgering for mutual withdrawls; to overcharging on shipping, to dishonest grading on items (you have to ASK if the map is included or it's your fault when it doesn't arrive???); to his refusal to support the industry and hobby he dabbles in; to selling photocopies of rare items; to telling outright lies about his status as a seller and using deception to both sell and trick buyers AND sellers out of money, it goes on and on.  If Coug ever wakes up one fine morning and decides to quit ALL the above practices and pretend like he's actually a retailer and not a half-assed con-man, he'd put a lot of us out of business.  Thankfully, most stupid people are always stupid, and don't change their business practices as long as they are making money....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:30 am 

Thankfully, most stupid people are always stupid, and don't change their business practices as long as they are making money....
- so very true.

Mike is right - it seems coug does go out of his way to be obnoxious. It might just be me but surely it's better to be a decent person rather than a complete tosser. I'll say it again coug - reinvent yourself, you never know, it might actually pay dividends! (And as I'm sure most of our parents told us - manners don't cost anything)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:28 am 

gyg wrote:Come on Coug (We know you're there) get yourself to this forum, get some dialog going, and turn your ebay personality around.

As wonderful and forgiving as that sentiment is, it's unlikely that Cougarrinard would get a warm enough welcome to promote useful dialog.  ;)

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:30 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:As wonderful and forgiving as that sentiment is, it's unlikely that Cougarrinard would get a warm enough welcome to promote useful dialog.  ;)

Warm?  Oh, I'm sure that the Acaeum welcome would be hot and flaming . . .   :D

If he started a secondary eBay account that had no association with his old one, then he could take on a new identity with new business practices and all that.  That is highly unlikely, given his consistenly aggressive manner of communication.  I've always assumed that he is doing a bit of electronic role-playing with his eBay feedback and e-mail messages.  It's not face-to-face, so it must not be real-life.

I think of him only when I get a questionably-packaged or incorrectly-described item from eBay.  I think, "What would Coug do?" and then do the exact opposite.   :D

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:09 pm 

Badmike wrote:
What's shocking about Coug is that he works so damn HARD at being an absolute ass.  Like you say, even half that effort applied towards the customer service side, he'd have the entire market of RPG selling all sewn up, instead of many of the largest buyers around refusing to deal with him.  The sheer scope of his incompetence, unlikability, and arrogance is mind boggling.  From "losing" M-Bag shipments that he badgers the poor newbie buyer into sending him, regardless if the auction is UK or not; to badgering buyers for feedback; to insulting and inarticulate negs, to badgering for mutual withdrawls; to overcharging on shipping, to dishonest grading on items (you have to ASK if the map is included or it's your fault when it doesn't arrive???); to his refusal to support the industry and hobby he dabbles in; to selling photocopies of rare items; to telling outright lies about his status as a seller and using deception to both sell and trick buyers AND sellers out of money, it goes on and on.  If Coug ever wakes up one fine morning and decides to quit ALL the above practices and pretend like he's actually a retailer and not a half-assed con-man, he'd put a lot of us out of business.  Thankfully, most stupid people are always stupid, and don't change their business practices as long as they are making money....

Mike B.

I think you sum it up Mike... Its sad and crazy ! I love the gaming market and I think there are only a couple of people within it I really dislike. I have got on with just about everyone and I make a point of it. Networking in RPG circles is great and one of the reasons I love the hobby.

Ade

Adrian

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it." Margaret Thatcher

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:25 pm 

I know there are lots of reasons to dislike the isoldit franchise.  Here's another.  I inquired about shipping to Canada on the Woodgrain set up by isoldit.ks0208.  Here's the response I got:

"we can ship to canada with a 20% buyers premium added to the selling price and also to the shipping price."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 74 of 112123 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 110111112