Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 69 of 112123 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:21 pm 

BTW, another Cougar funny..I was the runner up on an auction he won where the seller CLEARLY stated he didn't accept out of country bidders and preferred pick up bidders....the seller sent me this message the day after...

We are not completing the auction with the guy from the UK that won. We told him we would ship to US address but it wasnt a verified paypal address. Then he agree to do a money order but then wanted us to do the M-bag thing and we originally didnt even want to ship this stuff. If you would like to purchase let me know.

Seems people are getting wise to the M-Bag scam....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:21 am 

Hey,

What's the M-Bag scam?

Kevin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:33 am 

An M-Bag is a method of shipping large items.  

The above-mentioned UK seller likes to have stuff sent to him via M-Bag because it is also inexpensive.  He specifically asks for this method of shipment.

An M-Bag cannot be traced through the mail.  There is no delivery confirmation or other method of confirming delivery.

I have no way of knowing the exact truth, but a number of sellers have reported that Coug says the M-Bags never arrived...and he then reverses his PayPal payment.

Subsequently, items remarkably like those lost in the missing M-Bags then have a tendency to appear for sale on Ebay...by Coug.

I don't really know if this is true...but independent sellers have reported the same phenomenon.

My own experience with this particular seller was not nice.  I sent him a minor inquiry about his feedback.  His response was rather rude and mean-spirited...well out of proportion to my inquiry.

He does, however, have some good feedback amidst all of the negatives and his own vicious feedback reprisals.

Mark    8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:35 am 

Hamilcar wrote:Hey,

What's the M-Bag scam?

Kevin

It is bulk mail delivery format offered my US post.  It is very inexpensive compared to other forms like parcel post.  It also has no tracking.  Cougar likes to get things sent via M-bag and then claims he never got the package; he then usually does a chargeback so he gets his stuff for free.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:34 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Another one of the Coug's satisfied customers:

eBay View About Me for celmivestarbright

Updated, it seems dear ole Dave has contacted this guy again complaining about his about me page. :lol:  Keep trying Dave, it makes things a lot more interesting around here. :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:35 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:

Hmm, came in late to this thread, so I don't know what is going on with the other issue . . .  but this jumped out at me.  Username=pestolo  Pestolo has the honor of being the ONLY person who claims to have not received a package from me.  This is back when I used to handwrite my addresses on packages and didn't bother with delivery confirmation.  He claimed a Vecna Lives didn't show up . . . we waited . . . I ended up refunding him the money.  

Anyway, a few weeks later another seller (who must have looked up pestolo's transaction history) emailed me asking if I had had problems with this individual as he was claiming that a package they sent hadn't arrived either.  

That is what motivated me to start using auto-label priting with Paypal so everything would have confirmation.

Update here as well, looks like dandplayer is selling more stuff, so let the buyer beware again:

eBay listings

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:38 pm 

Last update for thgis thread:

eBay Feedback Profile for creep1962

Looks like ole creepy is really starting to take some lumps.  13 negs and 4 neutrals in the last month, yikes. 8O

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:49 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
It is bulk mail delivery format offered my US post.  It is very inexpensive compared to other forms like parcel post.  It also has no tracking.  Cougar likes to get things sent via M-bag and then claims he never got the package; he then usually does a chargeback so he gets his stuff for free.

One thing to be said about M-bags . . .  if you go to your local Post Office, I wouldn't be surprised if NO ONE has any idea of what, exactly, one is.  At mine, they had to converse, talk, get another person from the back, get the manager, get the "large book of all postal rules", look it up, debate what size bag to use, debate what custom form to use (it's the little green one, even though heavy packages normally require the "large white one"), etc.

The point is, I wouldn't be surprised if many sellers, trusting that the Post Office will take care of the details, end up doing something wrong in the process and the item gets lost in transit . . .

Not saying this to "defend" anyone  :D   . . . just as a general observation about M-bags and postal employees.  8)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:06 pm 

Hello,

Yes I've done M-Bags several times and each time there was lots of confusion on the part of the Postal employees.  One time I had a 9 pound package that they didn't want to let me send because they thought it had to be 11 pounds.  I had to argue for 20 minutes that no I just needed to pay the 11 pound minimum price.  I got them to send it by saying OK if it has to be 11 pounds then let me strap 2 bricks to the package haha.

I just didn't know what the scam part of the M-Bag scam was.  But yeah that makes sense.  I haven't done it very often and only with a guy in the UK that has bought a lot of stuff from me with no problems.

Thanks for the replies guys that clears that up for me.

Hamilcar AKA Kevin

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:50 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Last update for thgis thread:

eBay Feedback Profile for creep1962

Looks like ole creepy is really starting to take some lumps.  13 negs and 4 neutrals in the last month, yikes. 8O

Why the heck is he posting negative comments on people who left positive feedback?

Arrived nicely packaged; safe and sound.
 Buyer   tomas.raskere( 65)    Aug-14-06 11:49    
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Reply by creep1962: No doubt my employees shipped some bad stuff. But it was all corrected.

Blame someone else...just like what Tonya was doing when she had all of those negs pile up on her several months back.  His employees are probably his kids and girlfriend/wife.  :roll:

Funny story:  About a year ago I won three auctions from the same seller.  I picked up GDW's Invasion: Earth, Snapshot, and Mayday.  The seller got the counters mixed up and it took me a couple of hours to go through them to figure out which ones went with what game.  I realized that the counters for Snapshot were missing and I had a whole bunch of extra stuff...a couple of Steve Jackson mini-games with counters and some Traveller miniatures.  I emailed the guy asking about the mix-up and he blamed his 8-year old son who had helped him.  He asked me if I would ship the mini-games and miniatures back to him since they were supposed to go to another auction winner, and he would send the counters to me in exchange and refund the shipping cost.  I sent the stuff back to him (cost me $8 to ship back to Canada) and waited patiently for about two weeks knowing how long it takes to ship from U.S. to Canada some times.  I sent him an email inquiring about the exchange and never received an email (or the counters) back from him.  Too bad I had already left him positive feedback.  Even after all that the dickweed never left me any feedback at all.  :evil:

Becoming a seller on Ebay doesnt require one to write an 80 page thesis on supply and demand theory and you dont have to take a test to receive a license that says you are authorized to sell on Ebay.  But obviously not everyone is destined to be an Ebay success story.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:07 pm 

Not that I want to put Noble Knight in the Shady Dealers but I have won auctions from him twice and left him positive feedback on both, however, he has never left me feedback.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:26 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
It is bulk mail delivery format offered my US post.  It is very inexpensive compared to other forms like parcel post.  It also has no tracking.

In fact there is no way of international shipping with tracking I think. Airmail or surface mail have no tracking too... the only way to ship internationaly with a tracking number is to send with FedEx or UPS... [edit] or global priority mail [/edit]

I have asked about seller many times to ship me with M-Bag and they always accepted. And of course I always get my package. There is no more lost in transit with this kind of method than with any other... The real problem is the Coug's Honesty :) Anyone can do the same with surface mail for example "no no I did not get my package, I asked for a refund" but no honest buyer will do it I guess

But it is true that M-Bag informations are very hard to find, even on USPS site. For anyone who want to ask it to a seller, here is a link :
M-bag unveiled :)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:37 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:
In fact there is no way of international shipping with tracking I think. Airmail or surface mail have no tracking too... the only way to ship internationaly with a tracking number is to send with FedEx or UPS...

Global Airmail Parcel Post allows tracking (its what I use to ship packages to Italy)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:42 pm 

Plaag wrote:
Global Airmail Parcel Post allows tracking (its what I use to ship packages to Italy)

ShaneG.

ok, I will know it now :)

But Global priority is tooooooo expensive  :roll: . The only interesting global priority rate is the flat rate. I would never ask to a seller to ship me anything with this, I prefer to do a international local pick up for the price :)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:53 pm 

Mars wrote:Not that I want to put Noble Knight in the Shady Dealers but I have won auctions from him twice and left him positive feedback on both, however, he has never left me feedback.

Strong disagreement here. I don't think feedback policy should be the basis for "shady" or "not shady."

I've currently got more than 20 transactions awaiting the other party's feedback ... and not once have I considered listing any of those people here.

Aaron is trustworthy, honest, knowledgable, and a fast shipper. He's also the only gaming-related seller who has ever offered me a shipping refund — and he's done it three times.

Noble Knight should not be in this thread.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:55 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Strong disagreement here. I don't think feedback policy should be the basis for "shady" or "not shady."

I've currently got more than 20 transactions awaiting the other party's feedback ... and not once have I considered listing any of those people here.

Aaron is trustworthy, honest, knowledgable, and a fast shipper. He's also the only gaming-related seller who has ever offered me a shipping refund — and he's done it three times.

Noble Knight should not be in this thread.

I Agree.

I've also gotten refunds from Aaron, handled everything perfect.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:58 pm 

FWIW, I belive that Aaron waits and does his feedback in large lumps like some sellers do.  It could also be that it is just an coincidence and oversite on his part. :)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:06 pm 

I didn't even realize he did eBay ... I always go straight to his web-site.

I can't find him (he can't be the "nobleknight" with a zero feedback score, right?) Could someone link me up to his listings?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 69 of 112123 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 110111112