Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 69 of 112123 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 110111112
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:08 am 

Umm, don't take this the wrong way, but what pic?

2001User ID Not Found

This one from the 'about the seller' page :)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:11 am 

gyg wrote:

2001User ID Not Found

This one from the 'about the seller' page :)

Ahh, holy cow, I missed that. 8O   If you look real close though, I think you can in fact see the gate to the trailer park in the backround. :P

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:20 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Ahh, holy cow, I missed that. 8O   If you look real close though, I think you can in fact see the gate to the trailer park in the backround. :P

Warning signs:

Mother of six...oh my.  It's been used and abused.

Looks like Elvira on crack.

Lives in the woods like a raccoon.

Wore that same outfit to her prom.

Yow!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:08 am 

All right, now you guys are just getting personal! :wink: And, hey, she's an animal-lover, and I like that ... some of those critter photos are pretty funny, too (check out the dog stalking the bird ... c'mon, that's pretty cute).

But, more to the point: it's still ridiculous to have a page that just airs all your dirty laundry. One of the first things I learned back in my newspaper days was "never defend yourself in print" ... so I'm just going to borrow that to say "never defend your (very shaky) feedback on your About Me page." Or, if you must do it, use the feedback-response button — that's what it's there for.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:29 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:All right, now you guys are just getting personal! :wink: And, hey, she's an animal-lover, and I like that ... some of those critter photos are pretty funny, too (check out the dog stalking the bird ... c'mon, that's pretty cute).

But, more to the point: it's still ridiculous to have a page that just airs all your dirty laundry. One of the first things I learned back in my newspaper days was "never defend yourself in print" ... so I'm just going to borrow that to say "never defend your (very shaky) feedback on your About Me page." Or, if you must do it, use the feedback-response button — that's what it's there for.

told you that was a goodun i picked there...one scary person indeed! and on the about me page, she also has a link to some pics of her pets too  8O  8O  8O  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

man she is one dozy bint thats for sure.

thats one funny page! i hever NEVER seen something like that before!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:29 am 

Semi-shady seller practice:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Seller admits photo nicked from another auction. Compare with:

(I messaged this seller).

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:58 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:All right, now you guys are just getting personal! :wink: And, hey, she's an animal-lover, and I like that ... some of those critter photos are pretty funny, too (check out the dog stalking the bird ... c'mon, that's pretty cute).

Awww, what a cute widdle kitty.  :D   I gotta say that I think she is a bit out there with all of her "rules".  How much more confusing can someone make their shipping and handling info?  I dont want to have to deal with all that crap for a $15 book!

BUT....I understand why she is the way she is.  She is probably a fairly normal, intelligent person and is just sick of putting up with all of the frickin' retards of the world.  And as we all know, there are quite a few of them on Ebay.  For the most part, I thought that most of the responses she got from buyers were pretty asinine.  Hell, some of them couldnt even spell.  Her responses in her auction descriptions plainly state that if you dont like my rules, dont bid on my auctions.  So they probably cannot read either.

She will most likely need to change her rules if she wants to stay in business though.  Wouldnt it be a hoot if she put up a large lot and cougarrinard won?  I would love to see the emails from him pasted into her Dark Site page.  "What the f**k is an M-Bag anyway???".  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:12 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:I would love to see the emails from him pasted into her Dark Site page.  "What the f**k is an M-Bag anyway???".  :D

lol :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:25 pm 

Weird picture. It kind of looks like she has two black eyes. Maybe she didn't listen the first time.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:59 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Weird picture. It kind of looks like she has two black eyes. Maybe she didn't listen the first time.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

funny

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:11 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Wouldnt it be a hoot if she put up a large lot and cougarrinard won?  I would love to see the emails from him pasted into her Dark Site page.  "What the f**k is an M-Bag anyway???".  :D

Didn't we have a buyer/seller train-wreck similar to this in the recent past? I seem to remember it as Cougie and Maxwell ... I think we got a few laughs out of it, but I can't seem to find the thread.

This would have been around the same time as Maxwell's fateful meeting with Jesus, IIRC.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:23 pm 

Actually, she's in reasonable shape for having thrown six colts. It would take a half-dozen frosties at least, but I'd consider it at that point...

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:32 am 

Remember we were talking about this guy?

He is the one who was selling counterfeit copies of The Compleate Tavern.

I asked him if this was an original or could possibly be a copy.

His answer:

"I don't know. I have no reason to believe it is a re-print, but for all I know, it might be. I am not the original owner."

As I recall, this is exactly what he said when asked about the provenance of his Gamelords counterfeits.

There is also this quote from his auction listings (emphasis mine):

You are bidding upon the 1984 Massconfusion 2 Convention Climax Module, The Dungeon of Dr. Demento.
I am selling off my entire collection of D&D books; I have many different copies of the same books (many different editions/printings) and they will all be listed in the following weeks.

I still might bid.   :?

Mark  8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:34 pm 

That's not all.  It seems a little odd that some of the items that he has listed have atypical prices.  One common thread is the bidder "bqeasy", who hasn't had any eBay activity since 1/06.

eBay.com Item Bid History

I don't know, maybe it's just a few persistent bidders.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:41 pm 

Another one of the Coug's satisfied customers:

eBay View About Me for celmivestarbright

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:14 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Another one of the Coug's satisfied customers:

eBay View About Me for celmivestarbright

It's so funny I had to post it:

cougarinard - BAD - After several successful purchases from this guy I bought a copy of GAZ4 D&D  from him which was listed as VGC (Very Good Condition). It arrived incomplete (ie without the maps.) I sent him a mail asking about the missing maps and I got a VERY nasty and hostile mail from him basically telling me I was stupid to expect a map as it wasnt mentioned in the description. I sent him one back stating that in my book VGC meant complete and at that point he got VERY  VERY nasty. Also, when I think about things now, I (and I guess all his customers) got a weekly email explaining why he was late posting things out with reasons like baby being born, baby keeping him awake, bad tenants in his other property, etc. etc. It was more like Jackanory than a mailing list !!! I think you can realise my last encounter with this person was not good. A very rude bully -  Avoid this muppet where possible !!!!

Of course, why would you expect MAPS with your product?????  

What a piece.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:21 pm 

BTW, another Cougar funny..I was the runner up on an auction he won where the seller CLEARLY stated he didn't accept out of country bidders and preferred pick up bidders....the seller sent me this message the day after...

We are not completing the auction with the guy from the UK that won. We told him we would ship to US address but it wasnt a verified paypal address. Then he agree to do a money order but then wanted us to do the M-bag thing and we originally didnt even want to ship this stuff. If you would like to purchase let me know.

Seems people are getting wise to the M-Bag scam....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:21 am 

Hey,

What's the M-Bag scam?

Kevin

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 69 of 112123 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 110111112