Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 67 of 112123 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:59 am 

ExTSR wrote:
Careful there. I waited 90 days exactly (down to the last half-hour), posted a neg, and then on day 92 (!) the bum seller neg'd me back.

Either eB changed that 90-day thing or it's not counting from the date of sale. (Praps from the date of payment?)

Ebay changed the terms of their feedback about a year ago now.  The new rule is 90 days from the date the first feedback is given unless no feedback is given and then it shuts off at 90 days total.  :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:57 pm 

BIG BUYER BEWARE

eBay listings

This seller has what some people would consider interesting items up for sale  i.e. 3rd print MM, Iuz the Evil, CIty of Skulls, Several Massconfusion items, etc. This is the exact same seller that sold me and Badmike the fake Complete Tavern & Month Haul Dungeons last year.  Here is the threads that this was discussed in previously:

Game Lords Fakes :/

The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread

Now I am not saying that what this guy has for sale is fake, but stuff that he has sold previously has been fake and it is something that I would be very careful about.  This seller is EXTREMELY dodgy and any bids that are place should be done so with an enormous amount of caution.  I would also warn particualrly about the Massconfusion items that he has up for sale, as  evidenced by the Gamelords Stuff, its a lot easier to conterfit.

As an additional note again about this guy, is that he also sells under the name pestolo(although not in this circumstance):

eBay Feedback Profile for pestolo

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:11 pm 

bclarkie wrote:BIG BUYER BEWARE

eBay listings

This seller has what some people would consider interesting items up for sale  i.e. 3rd print MM, Iuz the Evil, CIty of Skulls, Several Massconfusion items, etc. This is the exact same seller that sold me and Badmike the fake Complete Tavern & Month Haul Dungeons last year.  Here is the threads that this was discussed in previously:

Game Lords Fakes :/

The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread

Now I am not saying that what this guy has for sale is fake, but stuff that he has sold previously has been fake and it is something that I would be very careful about.  This seller is EXTREMELY dodgy and any bids that are place should be done so with an enormous amount of caution.  I would also warn particualrly about the Massconfusion items that he has up for sale, as  evidenced by the Gamelords Stuff, its a lot easier to conterfit.

As an additional note again about this guy, is that he also sells under the name pestolo(although not in this circumstance):

I don't think the guy has the balls or the know how to counterfeit legitimate TSR products.  However, I would be VERY leery of the Massconfusion stuff, the Dr. Demento modules.  I would lay money down they are copies. Now, if you just wanted a copy to read and only paid a few bucks for, then go ahead, if it's a fake then you won't be disappointed. However, if you definitely wanted a true copy and not a reproduction, then tread very carefully.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:36 pm 

Cool...I just bought the Dark Forest campaign setting for $0.99, with like $2.25 shipping.

I am interested to hear about what Lord Laxton looks like when you get it.  A gentle Email nudge to the seller...just gentle...should suffice to move shipping along.

Mark

Marlith wrote:I am still waiting on mine from Buzz810....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Too little to waste PayPal and not large enought to risk the return neg. If I dont get it I will have to fo the last minute neg deal. That being said I feel like even that is wasting more time and effort than the money spent. Better just to never do business with again and write it off as a learning experience.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:41 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

thanks for the heads up on this one BC. i spotted them massconfusion items and was gonna swoop in, but think i will steer well clear now.

thanks for that

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:03 pm 

I'm tempted to bid.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:56 pm 

Miraculously both Oscar Goldman & Marlith show up at the same time now.  Now thats interesting.  Marlith used to hidden now all of a sudden he is not showing up as hidden anymore.  I wonder if I should PM Scott and have him check out the IP addresses of both of those posters.  I am guessing coincindentaly that they are both located very close to each other in Ohio. :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:57 pm 

On second thought, maybe I will PM Scott.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:18 am 

Cleaned up at the community's request.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:03 am 

ooooook  :?

dunno what else to say really.....guess the other view will be forthcoming so we can see where things are at.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:27 am 

ooooook  

dunno what else to say really.....guess the other view will be forthcoming so we can see where things are at.

Al

I agree. Hasn't this been kicked around long enough?
It's been spread over several threads and had its own poll.
Enough already sheesh  :?

Mike

Therapy-level collector

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:33 am 

chromaticknight wrote:
Enough already sheesh  :?

Mike

Sorry Mike, this isn't about the Interesting Items on EBay thread at all.  Its all about Marlith and his actions against this comminity.  There is actually more to this story that I have left out.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:44 am 

I am at a loss then.
What are we talking about?
What actions has Marlith taken?

I'm just not following the story, or I'm following only part of it.
Am I the only one missing it?
Ah well, I'll prolly regret asking as it will only serve to inflame the situation more.

Mike

Therapy-level collector

Grandstanding Collector

bclarkie wrote:
Sorry Mike, this isn't about the Interesting Items on EBay thread at all.  Its all about Marlith and his actions against this comminity.  There is actually more to this story that I have left out.

well i guess, the only thing at this point, is for Marlith to pipe in and clear the matter....

then we can all go back to doing what this place should be doing...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Yes, there may be more...could it be covered in PM?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:52 pm 

chromaticknight wrote:

Enough already sheesh  

Mike

bclarkie wrote:

I agree, regardless it doesn't belong on the "Shady Dealers" thread. Marlith isn't selling anything I can see and isn't ripping anyone off selling defective merchandise.  Perhaps the OT thread or the Interesting Items thread would be more appropriate.
  Not to get involved, because I've done business with both of the men here and have no problems with either of them, but isn't it time that we scale back these pissing contests or take them offline?  First Frank and Rob, then this, it's, what's the word, "unseemly" for people of our obvious intelligence and sophistication to be involved in this backbiting.  Whether anyone here is right or wrong is almost beside the point.  I can see a piling on or rip job on crooks who prey on our community like JonB or Keep, even to a lesser extent dealers like Cougar or Creep who are just a touch off shady, but these attacks and the earlier "Runic Copies" embroglio are not what I want to be represented by when the Acaeum community is thought of by others in the hobby (run on sentence anyone?). I don't know where else to go on this, only that I hate to see members of my "club" fighting or arguing about stuff like this.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:46 pm 

Badmike wrote:

I agree, regardless it doesn't belong on the "Shady Dealers" thread. Marlith isn't selling anything I can see and isn't ripping anyone off selling defective merchandise.  Perhaps the OT thread or the Interesting Items thread would be more appropriate.
  Not to get involved, because I've done business with both of the men here and have no problems with either of them, but isn't it time that we scale back these pissing contests or take them offline?  First Frank and Rob, then this, it's, what's the word, "unseemly" for people of our obvious intelligence and sophistication to be involved in this backbiting.  Whether anyone here is right or wrong is almost beside the point.  I can see a piling on or rip job on crooks who prey on our community like JonB or Keep, even to a lesser extent dealers like Cougar or Creep who are just a touch off shady, but these attacks and the earlier "Runic Copies" embroglio are not what I want to be represented by when the Acaeum community is thought of by others in the hobby (run on sentence anyone?). I don't know where else to go on this, only that I hate to see members of my "club" fighting or arguing about stuff like this.

Mike B.

I am going to go ahead and delete my post, however I think people are missing the point of my post in the first place.  This is not a pissing contest or some 3rd grade childlike internet flame war.  I am trying again to shine the light on someone who does not act in the best interest of this community, but whatever.  Just because this person happens to be a member of this forum IMO that should not exempt them from anything.  If people no longer want to hear the truth regardless of who its about, thats fine I will stop.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:48 pm 

well i dont have a problem with whats posted. if its something relevant that ppl should know about, thats fine with me...would like to hear the other side of the view though, know what i mean?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 67 of 112123 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 110111112