Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 58 of 100123 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 9899100
Author

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4485
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Apr 20, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:02 pm 
 

Deadlord39 wrote:Why did you return it?


Freakin got the run a round with these guys, when I demanded my money back, they said they shipped it, but at this point I didn't care so was going to return it if it did come. Well I got it, never opened the package, simply wrote 'return to sender' and sent it back. I thought they'd honor their 100% satisfication in the auction and emails I got, but decided to check if they were auctioning this off again after no refund or response - and discovered they were (along with claiming SW now, and changing the price slightly).

I think I should have scanned this envelope before just sending it back (so I can claim I at least got it before sending it back to them.) Isn't much money to loose, but sucks never the less to be taken.

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:24 pm 
 

Tiki Joe.

(Details)

'Ware the poor feedback and purposeful lack of photos. His scam appears to be describing everything as being "mint," then hoping few people bother to call him on it. It's a very Cougar-esque thing to do.

More discussion in this here thread right here.

+++++

Typical Tiki Joe feedback entry:

"Mint my a$$. Pen Traces on back of cards. Accused me of living in Germany. Whack"

:P  :D  :)

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4748
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 18, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:33 am 
 

Thought I would mention this seller:

eBay listings

I won this auction back on June 28th:


** expired eBay auction **


I finally got the item on Wednesday but had to file a dispute with Ebay because to get it.  After waiting about two weeks I emailed him several times asking for a status update.  Thirty minutes after I files the dispute he emailed me back asking why I filed the complaint.  I explained that he hadnt responded to any of my emails and I havent received the item yet.  After a couple of emails he stated that he had been out of selling for awhile and was not used to all the new rules and regs that Ebay had made changes to.  He said that he would get the item in the mail the next day.  I got the item two days later but the postage showed that it was sent media mail the week before.  I think he was just lying about the whole thing or got me confused with someone else.

This guy has some decent stuff up but only shows stock photos and needs some work in his customer service skills so be careful if buying from him.

  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Posts: 2532
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 21, 2021
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:52 am 
 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Thought I would mention this seller:

eBay listings

I won this auction back on June 28th:


** expired eBay auction **


I finally got the item on Wednesday but had to file a dispute with Ebay because to get it.  After waiting about two weeks I emailed him several times asking for a status update.  Thirty minutes after I files the dispute he emailed me back asking why I filed the complaint.  I explained that he hadnt responded to any of my emails and I havent received the item yet.  After a couple of emails he stated that he had been out of selling for awhile and was not used to all the new rules and regs that Ebay had made changes to.  He said that he would get the item in the mail the next day.  I got the item two days later but the postage showed that it was sent media mail the week before.  I think he was just lying about the whole thing or got me confused with someone else.

This guy has some decent stuff up but only shows stock photos and needs some work in his customer service skills so be careful if buying from him.


wow! tnx a lot king! as a matter of fact i bookmarked 3 or 4 items which i was interested in (he's actually selling several D&D items)...
i had the feeling that it was better to be cautios with this seller due to the fake pics and the "low" FB rating...
now i have confirmation to avoid him!
tnx again!


I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Posts: 2532
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 21, 2021
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:57 am 
 

let me add a short episode i had this week: i bid with the minimum amount on 2 pscape items...
i won one of them while the other had been won by another buyer... the following day i received an email in which i was invited to buy the 2nd module (the one i lost) because he had an additional copy ready for sale (pay attention: both of them where sealed modules)... after a couple of hours i received a private auction with that item...

what your opinion? i don't want be nasty, but i believe that he tried to raise up the price by a couple of USD...


I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:06 am 
 

aia wrote:what your opinion? i don't want be nasty, but i believe that he tried to raise up the price by a couple of USD...


well thats not an uncommon thing. unless the item is exceptionally rare, its quite normal that someone may have duplicates.

for instance i have more than 1 SW of A3, IM2, GAZ12, AC2, AC7, PC1, PC2 and PC3 and a few others. if the price was right, i would offer a 2nd chance offer to offload one quickly.

nothing wrong with that?

Al



  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Posts: 2532
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 21, 2021
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:15 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
well thats not an uncommon thing. unless the item is exceptionally rare, its quite normal that someone may have duplicates.

for instance i have more than 1 SW of A3, IM2, GAZ12, AC2, AC7, PC1, PC2 and PC3 and a few others. if the price was right, i would offer a 2nd chance offer to offload one quickly.

nothing wrong with that?

Al


yes, you're perfecly right.... but... i'm referring to a common adventure module ("in the abyss") for an absolute low price (9 USD)...

that's why i started thinking bad...


I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Apr 18, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:27 am 
 

aia wrote:
yes, you're perfecly right.... but... i'm referring to a common adventure module ("in the abyss") for an absolute low price (9 USD)...

that's why i started thinking bad...


In the abyss in very common, go for the BIN

Later

Jeff


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:41 pm 
 

IF you want it and the price is right, why not?  The second-chance price should be what you bid...not the other seller.

    However, every second chance offer I've gotten I felt the seller had shilled the auction.

    I nicely explained to one seller that I had been bidding hoping to combine shipping, but that the one other bidder who drove the prices up on all three items had prevented me from completing my plan...and that the remaining two items were now less valuable to me because they were not part of a three-way deal...so whoever had bid the price up fraudulently had wrecked the deal for both of us.

    I hope she took the hint.

Mark  8)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5626
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:25 pm 
 


** expired eBay auction **


What an idiot. Can you believe my snipe was blocked? Apparently because I had a negative? I had a $50 snipe on this and Tower. He just cost himself over $50.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7949
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Apr 15, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:40 pm 
 

Deadlord39 wrote:
** expired eBay auction **


What an idiot. Can you believe my snipe was blocked? Apparently because I had a negative? I had a $50 snipe on this and Tower. He just cost himself over $50.


This seller also blocks anyone that resells, this might be why you are blocked.  He has Bckarkie blocked for this reason, probably me also, never have checked.  He's basically an idiot, no other way around it...read his Terms of Sale, enough in there to scare you away.

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1253
Joined: Jan 01, 2003
Last Visit: Apr 12, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:17 am 
 

Badmike wrote:
This seller also blocks anyone that resells, this might be why you are blocked.  He has Bckarkie blocked for this reason, probably me also, never have checked.  He's basically an idiot, no other way around it...read his Terms of Sale, enough in there to scare you away.

Mike B.


The again faro might get lucky and get a couple freebies from this seller like I did last year on an auction I won from him.   :wink:

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:49 am 
 

He may have strict terms, but he does ship very quickly and with high quality.


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:03 pm 
 

Here's one for you:

eBay listings

I inquired about what I thought was a screw up in his shipping calcualtor and this is the quality response that I got:

Moron Seller wrote:There is a $5 handling fee added, wich is figured into the shipping cost calculator. I have drive 4 miles to the post office and gas is not cheap and my time is not free.


Nothing like acting like an ass towards your potential bidders.  I am glad his time isn't free cause neither is mine and so I'll be skipping those auctions. :wink:

On a similiar note, has anyone else out there realized that there are more and more ass hole sellers out there who are trying to screw everyone with their handling fees?  I mean it was bad before, but recently it seems to be getting even worse.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:23 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:On a similiar note, has anyone else out there realized that there are more and more ass hole sellers out there who are trying to screw everyone with their handling fees?  I mean it was bad before, but recently it seems to be getting even worse.

Yes.  The entire "eBay D&D experience" has been getting steadily worse, in my opinion.  I'm starting to explore other avenues.

 YIM  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7949
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Apr 15, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:25 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Here's one for you:

eBay listings

I inquired about what I thought was a screw up in his shipping calcualtor and this is the quality response that I got:



Nothing like acting like an ass towards your potential bidders.  I am glad his time isn't free cause neither is mine and so I'll be skipping those auctions. :wink:

On a similiar note, has anyone else out there realized that there are more and more ass hole sellers out there who are trying to screw everyone with their handling fees?  I mean it was bad before, but recently it seems to be getting even worse.


They are all newbies who read the same "How to make money on Ebay" books and websites, where it states that "Hey!  Ebay can't charge you for shipping/handling so screw the buyer there and keep the money!".  They act like they just figured out this loophole, but of course they don't take into account there are plenty of ebay sellers out there who DONT charge $5 handling and are their competition, so in the long run this "innovative" strategy isn't going to make them any money at all.  Morons.

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:34 pm 
 

I mean I can understand a small handling fee to cover you costs and I have no problem with it. This guy's attitude is like he is doing everyone a favor by listing these auctions. $5, I think I'll pass.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Posts: 1845
Joined: May 01, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 20, 2021
Location: Almost Lake Geneva, WI

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:59 pm 
 

I think you guys are just getting stingy.

$5 isn't what it used to be. ::sigh::

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:06 am 
 

I have always hated the "handling fee" on auctions. That is the sort of cost that should be built into the price of the item. What if when you went to Kroger to buy a gallon of milk it was priced at $1.79 but then at the register in addition to the tax the store but a $1.56 destination charge on it.  If you need to price an item at $8 to make your self determined profit margain then mark it with an $8 reserve not a $3 minimum or BIN and then add $5 in addition to shipping.


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:27 am 
 

Marlith wrote:I have always hated the "handling fee" on auctions. That is the sort of cost that should be built into the price of the item. What if when you went to Kroger to buy a gallon of milk it was priced at $1.79 but then at the register in addition to the tax the store but a $1.56 destination charge on it.  If you need to price an item at $8 to make your self determined profit margain then mark it with an $8 reserve not a $3 minimum or BIN and then add $5 in addition to shipping.

Exactly.  I don't like paying for handling, because I don't really want the item handled -- I want it packaged and shipped.  

Charge packaging and shipping at cost, and if you must, hide additional fees in the minimum bid -- that's just intelligent marketing.

 YIM  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 58 of 100123 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 9899100