Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 62 of 112123 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 110111112
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:00 pm 

Not sure about this one so thought I would post here and see what you guys thought.

Saw this auction and thought I might be able to pick up a few dice cheap.

cgi.ebay.com/MULTI-sided-dices-of-MTG-o ... dZViewItem

After reading the details of the auction I realized it's not an auction at all.  He's using this as an advertisement and tells folks to contact him directly.  Is this within the rules of ebay to do this?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:18 pm 

Disjected wrote:Not sure about this one so thought I would post here and see what you guys thought.

Saw this auction and thought I might be able to pick up a few dice cheap.

cgi.ebay.com/MULTI-sided-dices-of-MTG-o ... dZViewItem

After reading the details of the auction I realized it's not an auction at all.  He's using this as an advertisement and tells folks to contact him directly.  Is this within the rules of ebay to do this?

Nope..
I had auctions pulled when all I said was I had other Judges Guild products for sale..so this goes even beyond that..

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:30 pm 

It's not even clear that he is auctioning anything at all.

Seems to me that he should have to pony up the dice he has depicted on his post...for the price of 1 cent plus 1 cent shipping.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:51 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
Deadlord39 wrote:One to add to the list: daysofknights.
He is the one with a huge pile of Wilmark Dynasty stuff. Considering he is one of the writers, not surprising. I bought a signed Melanda, and he sent me one with only one signature, when it should have had 2. His excuse was that the other signer's mother was sick, and he was hesitant to ask for the signature at such a delicate time. Considering it was HIS signature missing, I find that hard to swallow. My Roomscapes came with rusty buttons, one of which was entirely missing.
His stuff is not in the best of shape, and he is notorious for shipping items in much worse condition than the auction states. Buyer beware.

I tried for almost 9 months to buy a set of mods off him, but he is so slow at responding to e-mails and has no ral interest in selling his stuff, that it all fell though. We were going to close a deal on about $350 for 8 or 9 modules, but he didn't have the ability to conclude a deal, and I gave up after 9 months. I get the impression the guy is a bit of a dick.

I almost did this as well but then I already have a couple and I believe that the price should come down to $20 each for them in the  long run, I believe he's got a big pile of em left over...

Brette:)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:44 am 

beasterbrook wrote:I almost did this as well but then I already have a couple and I believe that the price should come down to $20 each for them in the  long run, I believe he's got a big pile of em left over...

yeha i tried the same thing as ian, to no avail...it really was like banging my head against the wall.

sure i would like them all, but in the end, it just became too much hard work to try and resolve it.

ah well not to worry - just went and spent my cash on other things instead...his loss really.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:39 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
beasterbrook wrote:I almost did this as well but then I already have a couple and I believe that the price should come down to $20 each for them in the  long run, I believe he's got a big pile of em left over...

yeha i tried the same thing as ian, to no avail...it really was like banging my head against the wall.

sure i would like them all, but in the end, it just became too much hard work to try and resolve it.

ah well not to worry - just went and spent my cash on other things instead...his loss really.

Al

Guys..really....not to make you feel better but the Wilmark Dynasty stuff is pretty much a pile of crap.  You've made better one-off dungeons yourself in the hour before gametime waiting for the guys to arrive for gaming. Computer programs can generate much more interesing and nuanced adventures than those Wilmark Dynasty published.
  At one time I had the complete line of Wilmark Dynasty products...they were so useless that eventually I just got tired of looking at them when flipping through my stuff, and I calculated it had been about 10 years since I had opened them to read them, that I finally auctioned them off.
  I would consider, in both the realm of content and appearance, Wilmark Dynasty stuff to be some of the worst produced gaming items ever "professionally" published.  Not worth the time or trouble.
  That being said, I did discover a left over Melanda Land of Mystery laying around  when making sure I didn't have any more WD stuff yesterday (I think I have a Burgundy Pit lying around somewhere, seems like I've come across it, can't find it now).  It will go up on Ebay this week, so if you feel you have something by WD.....BTW, it's actually the only decent thing they ever produced, their adventures are unusable.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:17 am 

well i aint really that fussed right now anyway....the purse strings are like warped beyond control atm so :)

good to note tho, so i wont really bother looking for the rest that i havent got.

thanks for the heads-up on the WD stuff mike...

Al

ps. now them massconfusion mods :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:51 am 

killjoy32 wrote:well i aint really that fussed right now anyway....the purse strings are like warped beyond control atm so :)

good to note tho, so i wont really bother looking for the rest that i havent got.

thanks for the heads-up on the WD stuff mike...

Al

I'm not saying that as a collector for completeness sake you might not take a shot at the WD stuff.  I can name lots more non tsr with more usefulness or better produced. Just that there is no reason to put them high on your list or overpay for them. Personally I wouldnt' go anything over $20 each for the adventures.  Now, Melanda Land of Mystery, well that should obviously go in the $50 or more range (oh wait one is coming up for auction this week, what a surprise :twisted: )

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:10 pm 

Tho it will probably never impact you, I've been ripped off by seller

flyersace

tho you'd never know the danger from his feedback.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:30 pm 

Kevayn

(and watch out for his multiple user IDs, too)

Anyone who wants to give this guy a break would be well-advised to start reading at page 4 of this thread. You'll change your mind, believe me.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:12 am 

This guy seems on the up-n-up  :roll:  :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=44112

does he think just making his feedback private will help  :roll: ?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:34 am 

lordan wrote:This guy seems on the up-n-up  :roll:  :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=44112

does he think just making his feedback private will help  :roll: ?

i'm sure i have seen that name before...but cant place it. sure it was something very similar that i had a run it a while ago relating to some books.

doesnt look a very promising seller anyway - definite one to avoid there imo!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:34 am 

This UK auction:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Has the photo and much of the auction text stolen from this completed US Auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8799159072

Note, however, in the US auction the copy in question is described as "excellent", while in the current UK auction it is listed only as "good", despite the same photo which looks excellent. No indication in UK auction that photo is not of item in question.

I reported it to the Seller of the first (US) auction. I cancelled my minimal bid, though I had to use the "seller changed description" option, so I'm a bit leery of directly contacting the seller. Perhaps someone else can message and ask him why he's using a photo from another auction?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:29 am 

zhowar wrote:This UK auction:

Has the photo and much of the auction text stolen from this completed US Auction:

Note, however, in the US auction the copy in question is described as "excellent", while in the current UK auction it is listed only as "good", despite the same photo which looks excellent. No indication in UK auction that photo is not of item in question.

I reported it to the Seller of the first (US) auction. I cancelled my minimal bid, though I had to use the "seller changed description" option, so I'm a bit leery of directly contacting the seller. Perhaps someone else can message and ask him why he's using a photo from another auction?

this will prb do the jobbie:

"hey there. was about to throw on a bid for this as i have been looking for one for a while, but looking back over completed items of similar ilk, i noticed this one 8799159072, which has excactly the same picture as the one in which you are currently auctioning. due to this, it has now made me wary of bidding. i would be grateful if you would explain so that i may bid. regards, Alan"

that ok?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:06 pm 

zhowar wrote:This UK auction:

here ya go Zho... a reply!

"Sure; the shameful answer is that I was just being miserably lazy and used the same text and picture (my camera isn't working at the moment)."

so there you have it.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:55 pm 

Thanks, Al. I did guess that he swiped it because of "laziness"; note, however he still doesn't say whether his copy is in exactly the same condition as the photo. Potentially very misleading. He does have good feedback (so far).

Anyway, harami won the auction for the minimum bid (UK 2.50)...he can fill in the rest of the story on the condition. Less of a risk for a UK buyer due to lower shipping.

What's kind of funny is that he had only 44 hits this morning when I first bid on the auction, and now he has over 100, presumably from people coming in from this thread - but still just that one bid.

Z

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:44 am 

There is something silly (or is it shilly) here:

30 bids here
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

53 bids on this one
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

He seems to have an incremental/determined bidder in cantankerous2u

Interesting part is that the two feedback that cantankerous2u
does have were from crankyeeyore....hhmmmmmm. :roll:

Does anyone know if cantankerous2u is from VA too?

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:20 am 

Not totally damning evidence but they end their feedback with 'A+++'.  Crankyeeyore seems to display a fondness for elipses that cantankerous2u doesn't.

From crankyeeyore:
WOW!!!! Incredibly fast payment......great communication, A+++++
Exceptional Ebayer!!!!!!! WOW....Really fast payment.......A+++

From cantankerous2u:
Excellent seller, immediate service and delivery of 3 very nice plates. A++++++

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 62 of 112123 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 110111112