Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 54 of 100123 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 9899100
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5648
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 19, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:06 am 
 

Looks like someone already tagged the auction. Come on, fess up, who is it? I love the names you are coming up with for these accounts!


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:01 pm 
 

Deadlord39 wrote:Looks like someone already tagged the auction. Come on, fess up, who is it? I love the names you are coming up with for these accounts!

I reported it as a fraudulent listing; others please to the same.

 YIM  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:12 pm 
 

Reported it as a fraudulent listing.

Mark   8)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:03 pm 
 

Reported as a legitimate listing.

No, wait, that doesn't sound right ...

Fraudulent! That's it — a fraudulent listing.

 WWW  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:07 pm 
 

From the "Not Sure I Believe You" files comes this:

On Jun-04-06 at 00:57:20 PDT, seller added the following information:

"The module that is pictured is not part of the auction. I apologize for any misunderstanding. I did not have any pictures of the modules that I am selling and I put up a picture of a similar module that I found on the internet. I did not know that this module was rare."

Wait, let me check my driver's license ... I want to make sure I wasn't born yesterday.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7969
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 23, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:37 pm 
 

Xaxaxe wrote:From the "Not Sure I Believe You" files comes this:

On Jun-04-06 at 00:57:20 PDT, seller added the following information:

"The module that is pictured is not part of the auction. I apologize for any misunderstanding. I did not have any pictures of the modules that I am selling and I put up a picture of a similar module that I found on the internet. I did not know that this module was rare."

Wait, let me check my driver's license ... I want to make sure I wasn't born yesterday.


Wow, that's odd, when I cruise the internet I'm looking for pictures of Hillary Duff nude; apparantly this guy is trolling for Orange B3s.  Amazing what you can "find" on that crazy internet.  What a crook.

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 671
Joined: Dec 17, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 13, 2019
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:59 pm 
 

Badmike wrote:
Xaxaxe wrote:From the "Not Sure I Believe You" files comes this:

On Jun-04-06 at 00:57:20 PDT, seller added the following information:

"The module that is pictured is not part of the auction. I apologize for any misunderstanding. I did not have any pictures of the modules that I am selling and I put up a picture of a similar module that I found on the internet. I did not know that this module was rare."

Wait, let me check my driver's license ... I want to make sure I wasn't born yesterday.


Wow, that's odd, when I cruise the internet I'm looking for pictures of Hillary Duff nude; apparantly this guy is trolling for Orange B3s.  Amazing what you can "find" on that crazy internet.  What a crook.

Mike B.


As tempted as I might be in buying an OB3, Mike's post made me consider that purchasing Hilary Duff on eBay would be fairly more interesting.

*** Goes to see if there's Jessica Alba up for auction somewhere. ***

 ICQ  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5648
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 19, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:07 pm 
 

Unwise investment, guerret. Duff will lose value over time, but the OB3 will probably go up. Besides, the OB3 won't cost any upkeep, it won't bitch when you use or abuse it, and you can always get rid of it if you like. It can't talk, and it doesn't need to cuddle.
Need more?


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:40 am 
 

No question that the lady would be more high maintenance...but it might be worth the work.

Mark   8)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:23 am 
 

Xaxaxe wrote:From the "Not Sure I Believe You" files comes this:

On Jun-04-06 at 00:57:20 PDT, seller added the following information:

"The module that is pictured is not part of the auction. I apologize for any misunderstanding. I did not have any pictures of the modules that I am selling and I put up a picture of a similar module that I found on the internet. I did not know that this module was rare."

Wait, let me check my driver's license ... I want to make sure I wasn't born yesterday.

If you can get driver's licenses for people born yesterday (actually May 30th, but who's counting), let me know.  My daughter is interested.

 YIM  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:36 am 
 

Deadlord39 wrote:Unwise investment, guerret. Duff will lose value over time, but the OB3 will probably go up. Besides, the OB3 won't cost any upkeep, it won't bitch when you use or abuse it, and you can always get rid of it if you like. It can't talk, and it doesn't need to cuddle.
Need more?


If I am going to buy a starlett on eBay it is going to have to be Scarlett Johansson

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0424060/phot ... -granitz-0


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 671
Joined: Dec 17, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 13, 2019
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:58 am 
 

Deadlord39 wrote:Unwise investment, guerret. Duff will lose value over time, but the OB3 will probably go up. Besides, the OB3 won't cost any upkeep, it won't bitch when you use or abuse it, and you can always get rid of it if you like. It can't talk, and it doesn't need to cuddle.
Need more?


Very good. If she ever happens to be auctioned on eBay, I have one less bidder to snipe.

 ICQ  

User avatar

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 74
Joined: Dec 23, 2005
Last Visit: Oct 25, 2021
Location: Norwood, MA

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:25 pm 
 

Tried to report it but got an error, as we all know apparently eBay doesn't really seem care too much...

In addition to getting you to bid on an auction that does not have an OB3,
the seller now also wants to screw you on the shipping (as if he wasn't already doing that with the $30 charge)...

On Jun-04-06 at 10:01:38 PDT, seller added the following information:

The shipping charge has been increased to 50.00 for normal shipping and an additional charge for expedited shipping. I underestimated the cost of shipping. The package is much heavier than I had thought.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 181
Joined: Apr 02, 2004
Last Visit: May 26, 2014
Location: Sierra Foothills, CA

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:08 pm 
 

This one can't compare with the OB3 dickhead, but still....who's gonna pay $.40 for this pile of crap, let alone $40?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... geName=:IT

Never mind the copyright violations :roll:

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 17, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:08 pm 
 

seeyouinescrow wrote:This one can't compare with the OB3 dickhead, but still....who's gonna pay $.40 for this pile of crap, let alone $40?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... geName=:IT

Never mind the copyright violations :roll:


I get a kick out of sellers that have more bitching and moaning on there auctions than actual info about the item they are selling!  This guy is one of them, no paypal, call me with issues, check you spam mail etc etc. :roll:


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:21 pm 
 

deimos3428 wrote:If you can get driver's licenses for people born yesterday (actually May 30th, but who's counting), let me know.  My daughter is interested.

Woot! Congratulations, my lemur-loving friend.

You should start a new thread and give us a picture or two. You know, one of those shots with a Player's Handbook grasped in her tiny little hand. :)

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7969
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 23, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:43 pm 
 

seeyouinescrow wrote:This one can't compare with the OB3 dickhead, but still....who's gonna pay $.40 for this pile of crap, let alone $40?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... geName=:IT

Never mind the copyright violations :roll:


You just know you are in trouble when the second line in the auction is: "These books are Homemade"
Homemade lemonade, yes. Homemade cookies, yes.  Homemade pie, yes. Homemade books, uh, NO.

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  


Verbose Collector

Posts: 1661
Joined: Sep 03, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 19, 2021
Location: Portown

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:46 pm 
 

Blackmoor wrote:
seeyouinescrow wrote:This one can't compare with the OB3 dickhead, but still....who's gonna pay $.40 for this pile of crap, let alone $40?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... geName=:IT

Never mind the copyright violations :roll:


I get a kick out of sellers that have more bitching and moaning on there auctions than actual info about the item they are selling!  This guy is one of them, no paypal, call me with issues, check you spam mail etc etc. :roll:


Yeah, this made me laugh:
/  NO PayPal.  I do not and will not use PayPal. PayPal will only allow a seller to withdraw $500 per month from their PayPal account for the first 6 months. I. personally, cannot afford to have funds tied up for 6 months. I have bills to pay.

Non Paying Bidders
,/

ALSO The Number of Ebayers who bid and do not buy has risen dramatically. I've been selling on ebay for 7 Years and this situation just keeps getting worse. In the last few months I've spent more time trying to collect payments through the Non Paying bidder system at ebay than I did listing the items in the first place! It should not take 30 days to get a buyer to send payment. It is amazing that with the strong language I include in my descriptions that people still Bid and do not want to pay. I am serious. Please DO NOT bid if you do not intend to buy. This is not an online computer game. The people who sell on ebay are trying to make a living. There are other buyers out there who want the item. Winning doesn't just mean having the highest bid, it also means paying afterward as well. As usual when I add strong language to these descriptions, I will get emails complaining that someone has been offended by the negativity. In this case I think the only people who could possibly be offended are the Guilty Parties. For those of you who are Serious, Honorable ebayers, sorry you had to read through all that.


Does he not realize that these two things are probably linked?? :roll:
If this guy accepted PayPal, I bet that 99% of his Non-Paying Bidders would pay. Now that almost everyone pays by PayPal, I bet he gets a lot of bidders who just walk away when they win the auction and find they can't pay that way. It's sort of like saying "No Cash" at a yard sale! I used to refuse credit card funded PayPal transfers and I spent an increasing amount of time explaining that to buyers after they paid by credit card funded purchases (and I sell relatively little). I was actually glad when Ebay changed the rules and forced all PayPal auctions to accept credit cards. The loss of money due to fees was worth the aggravation and extra time saved. I haven't had a payment problem in about a year (watch, now I'll get one this week...)

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:26 am 
 

I am a jerk in stores.    :?   If they do not accept debit cards I lecture the assistant manager with helpful things like....

"This is 2006.  1976 was 30 years ago!  Not accepting debit cards is like posting a sign that says, 'I don't want your business.  Please go away.'  How am I supposed to do business with you...pay in rocks and seashells?"

Yes, I am very nice.

Anyway, whatever the inconvenience might be...and I am sure there are plenty...not accepting PayPal on Ebay is just like not accepting debit cards at a gas station.

Mark   8)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:21 am 
 

MShipley88 wrote:Anyway, whatever the inconvenience might be...and I am sure there are plenty...not accepting PayPal on Ebay is just like not accepting debit cards at a gas station.

Mark   8)


well he's just another muppet out there aint he? would make for the odd bargain tho as most ppl would shy away from his items.

Al



  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 54 of 100123 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 9899100