Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 57 of 112123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 110111112
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 5:31 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
bclarkie wrote:VERY BIG BUYER BEWARE

eBay listings

The guy from Ypsilanti Michigan who stole a bunch of people's money (including Marlith's) back around November is back up in operation again. I would strongly suggest avoiding this seller like the plague. This guy seems to be the newest albiet different version of jonb. This one just happens to reside in Michigan and not Virgina and could care less about auction descrition.

As predicted, this seller has already flamed out. :roll:

eBay Feedback Profile for 7045carln

I appreciated you pointing that out to me earlier but I was not going to waste any more time over the $25 I lost. That was only the second time that had ever happened in all my dealings on eBay. It has since happened again with this. So do you know did someone at least get the Immortlas set in the SW. I know eBay never got me my money back and this latest one is not going to end favorably either.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:46 pm 

I purchased some lots from these ebay sellers who boast lots of feedback and a huge retail store who buy other peoples collections, items were missing from my shipment. Sent email concerning missing items, no response. After reading auction page carefully, they state: Items listed, packaged and shipped from all diferent people. Apparently it takes 3 different employees to conduct one transaction. Silly. I know with big distributors this may be a nescesity and they may not have time to respond to every individual mistake but hey  I expect more accuracy and attention to detail from a big ebay distributor, maybe I shouldnt, which from now on those with fancy webpages or thousands of transactions Im going to completely skip on bidding on thier auctions from now on. Very dissapointed. Anyone else feel the same way about bidding and buying from big time sellers versus small time collectors?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:01 am 

RedBeard wrote:Items listed, packaged and shipped from all diferent people. Apparently it takes 3 different employees to conduct one transaction.

A shot in the dark: Titan Games or Tonya's Rot Grub Shop, right? :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:59 am 

I have bought several things from Tonya recently.  No complaints at all...in fact, I am happy with my purchases.  Good communication.  Very reliable.

The worst complaints about Tonya and Titan seem to come from people who did not take care in reading the shipping terms, or who do a poor job of communicating about their concerns.  

There is no point in buying multiple items at the same time from these two sellers because there is virtually no break on shipping costs.  There are other sellers, even members here, who charge more.

I don't know why I have appointed myself their unofficial defender...possibly because Tonya is a girl... :? ...but nothing about them strikes me as "shady."

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:30 am 

MShipley88 wrote:I have bought several things from Tonya recently.  No complaints at all...in fact, I am happy with my purchases.  Good communication.  Very reliable.

Mark, its fantastic that you had a good experience.  I didn't and will not purchase from Tonya again.  

Do I believe she is shady?  No.  
Do I believe she is accurate in describing products?  No.
Do I beleive she has good communication skills? No.
Do I believe she overcharges for shipping? Yes.
Do I believe there are better sellers on this forum who I would rather purchase from? Yes

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:10 am 

There's nothing wrong with Titan, it just hurts a bit when they shove that shipping snake up your can.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:15 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:There's nothing wrong with Titan, it just hurts a bit when they shove that shipping snake up your can.

Actually, for us who live outside the US we are used to high shipping costs and constantly being overcharged by sellers.  

So shipping charges isn't number one on my gripe list.  Over describing products and poor package are, however, at the top of my gripe list.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:58 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:There's nothing wrong with Titan, it just hurts a bit when they shove that shipping snake up your can.

This is the one that does hurt me the most But I like improvstone question list too.

Do I believe they are shady? Yes
I had already won 2 of their auctions and was looking at a buy-it-now on a 3rd one.  I inquired about how much shipping to Canada would be to add the 3rd auction and combine shipping (I just wanted to know their general formula for determining shipping to Canada).  Their response gave me no help so I asked again to get an exact price on how much shipping would be.  This time I received some bit on yes we will do something to combine shipping.  So I asked a 3rd time to get an exact price again.  This time, they finally looked at the auction and raised the price of the buy-it-now from $10 to $25 saying they mispriced the listing.  That is shady in my book!  

Do I believe she is accurate in describing products? No.
Boxed set items have not been described well and even when listed as complete they were not.

Do I beleive she has good communication skills? No.
See the post from the first question.  Also, I tried giving the other one of their accounts a try.  I bought 1 item and knew the price of shipping and was all set to pay.  The invoice they sent me contained a cheaper surface mail shipping rate to Canada that was about $7 cheaper.  It didn't appear on Ebay checkout though so I sent them an email inquiring about it.  No response so I sent 2 more emails.  5 days after the auction had finished and no response, they open a non-paying bidder dispute.  I explain my question and ask about what the dispute is all about.  Then all I get is Titan attitude about "the bottom line is that you won the auction and didn't pay" blah blah blah.  I explained again that I have every intention to pay and just wanted a clarification on the shipping - if I can save $7 then why wouldn't I want too?  If they had answered my question and just said it was an error in the message I would have paid straight away.  But after being a jerk about the whole situation I decided to just leave the item and be done with them for good.

Do I believe she overcharges for shipping? Yes.
This is a no brainer.  They charge a flat rate for everywhere outside of the US, however to Canada, the price is actually half the price of every where else such as the UK but yet I get charged the same.  If it is high for buyers in the UK or Europe, Canada get screwed over twice as much!

Do I believe there are better sellers on this forum who I would rather purchase from? Yes
Of course, this is large list but in the last while I have bought from  Badmike and Bclarkie without any problems.

I know I know, we have been over this time and time again.  But sometimes that can gets opened and the rage comes out :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:32 pm 

improvstone wrote: Over describing products and poor package are, however, at the top of my gripe list.

Heh, they give new meaning to the term "over" describing.  They had some of my missing JG pieces that I was going to pick up that were ending yesterday and I was going to try and buy a whole bunch of them.    I bid on one of them and the started to think bettrer of it.  After coming to realization that I was not about to get both a$$ raped on shipping all along withou trusting their item descriptions, I thought better of it and decided not to bid on anything else.  I mean I don't mind paying a little extra for an item(even if its common) that I want as long as I can trust the source, but after remebering that I couldn't trust the source I chose not to proceed.  No way in hell was I going to be paying $15.00 to have someones trash shipped to me for 3 times the cost it was going to be to get it to me.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:48 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
improvstone wrote: Over describing products and poor package are, however, at the top of my gripe list.

Heh, they give new meaning to the term "over" describing.  They had some of my missing JG pieces that I was going to pick up that were ending yesterday .

BC what JG stuff are you looking for mate?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:02 pm 

The dealer in my original post that messed up my order, apparently leaving several books out of the package ( I hope they relize the extra books laying around thier shop and send them to me, I highly doubt that will happen since they dont even reply to my email about it) was indeed Titan_Games. If high shipping charges are something clearly posted on the auction page, then I have no problem if its an item I really want, but what I DO have a problem with is when my shipment comes and several items were not packed and missing and they totally ignore me. I think its so ironic how they will spend all thier time writing over descriptions for thier auctions and great sellers they are and how they want to make buyers happy..blah blah..blah yet totaly mess up the actual execution of making sure the customer gets exactly what they ordered. Kinda reminds me of McDonalds ( Investors spend millions of dollars building a restaurant, spend more millions with fancy commercials and advertisments but when you go there to eat they usually mess up your order and are served with apathetic careless employees.)

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:26 pm 

RedBeard wrote:... Kinda reminds me of McDonalds ( Investors spend millions of dollars building a restaurant, spend more millions with fancy commercials and advertisments but when you go there to eat they usually mess up your order and are served with apathetic careless employees.)

Not to mention, shit food.  :wink:

On a more practical note - why not drop them a line and tell them that you are posting your complaints here (and everywhere else you can find).  It may have an effect.  It may not, but it may make you feel better.  :)

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:29 pm 

OR give marcus King a call...he DID say didnt he?

after all....each time titan gets mentioned here, they go thru another round of getting crucified and he came and resolved it last time.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:05 pm 

RedBeard wrote:The dealer in my original post that messed up my order, apparently leaving several books out of the package ( I hope they relize the extra books laying around thier shop and send them to me, I highly doubt that will happen since they dont even reply to my email about it) was indeed Titan_Games.

Hey, I got it on the first try ... :roll:

You've just joined a very big club, Red: honest folks torched by Titan and/or Tonya's greed.

I'm going to refrain from getting too worked up (since, last time, I went over-the-top*), but I will say that the whole Titan operation is all-the-way shady. Just because a seller has a clearly laid-out eBay template doesn't disqualify them from being shady.

There is nothing the Titan operation won't do to squeeze out an extra dollar — they have proven this time after time after time. Given the choice between buying only from Titan or permanently quitting the hobby, I'd quit.

+++++

*It was that damn demon rum ...

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:16 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:OR give marcus King a call...he DID say didnt he?

Good memory, Al. I just looked up his signature line:

Marcus King
Titan Games - OWNER
269-963-3773

I'm less optimistic that this will actually work, though. One central theme of Titan/Tonya complaints is a complete lack of communication skills — and just because someone posts a phone number doesn't mean anyone will answer the damn thing.

I'm moving on now before I start using naughty words like last time. I'm getting worked up, and this time I haven't even been drinking ...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:19 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:I'm moving on now before I start using naughty words like last time. I'm getting worked up, and this time I haven't even been drinking ...

i think youre trying to relate to your avatar too much my friend...taking it far too much to heart :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 7:07 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:
Heh, they give new meaning to the term "over" describing.  They had some of my missing JG pieces that I was going to pick up that were ending yesterday .

BC what JG stuff are you looking for mate?

Al

They had some earlier JG Journals up  that I was considering. I was also looking at some holes I was looking to fill in my Dragon Magazines.  I have a bout 20 or so now left that I still need to complete a full run from 1-250 and I choise not to bid on any of them. :)   I also have several other WTB JG items that have eluded me to this point i.e Inferno, CSWE, WoMR WoFR, & Wraith Overlord. :oops:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 7:22 pm 

Well I had some of the Wilderlands stuff up for auction, but Ebay pulled them down for my listing other JG items for sale "that have not been posted and shall entertain offers" which was a no no :wink:
Was missing maps on the 3rd print WoFR, and one player map from 3rd print WoMR and well I think I can get an Inferno for you (would have to see on that).. Course not sure if Ebay will just take off the 'bad' part and relist them for me. If interested just PM me, otherwise they should be up next weekend.

ShaneG.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 57 of 112123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 110111112