Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 6 of 112123, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:29 pm 

Imperial_Sniper wrote:Sorry to disappoint you all, I am not Traveller nor any recent member of the forum. I have visited the Acaeum on occassion but only recently joined when Maxwell, aka (oh I do think it would be poor form to post his real name and address, I'll keep it in my pocket for now), harangued me and my kin. It was only after his ranting was to stop on his "Who is this" thread that I decided to make an appearance.

Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow
of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath
borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how
abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at
it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know
not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your
gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment,
that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one
now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen?
Shakespeare-Hamlet

Sorry ImperiaL_Sniper, but this post following is spoken from someone who has already been here and knows what is up:

Imperial_Sniper wrote:I beleive we all could have gotten along if someone would have learned from his mistakes. Thanks for all of you who understood my viewpoint. To all of you who felt I did wrong let me clarify, I only recommended you deal with Maxwell with caution, if you wanted to buy from him that was a decision you had to make with the facts. And Max, everyone can see your reply on the ebay site were you commited to any shipping as long as it is trackable and we discussed adding tracking for fifty cents plus a reasonable handling fee for your trouble. Glad to see your out of the business and no longer have the largest collection sicnce you sold if off. I am curious though if the auctions ended early for the quick cash or because ebay is near to closing the account? I'm sure we'll hear from Maxwell or maybe he will just go away... quietly.

:wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:51 pm 

True, I did understand what was going on, because I was watching from the outside, letting Maxwell rant and wonder who I was. Maxwell made a mistake, his mistake is he was would not own up to any commitments and responded with discord. We had a series or email exchanges and a behooved others who bid on his auctions to look at his feed back and deal with him with caution. I did not say do not bid on his auction, I said bid with caution. I was able to link back to the Acaeum when my name came up, and there I watched for days until time was appropriate to voice in. And I do not blame you for suggesting he report me to ebay, but again you only heard his side of the story.

Hey Max, report him to Ebay. I know it sounds kind of hypocritical because we f**k with peoples auctions here all the time, but its clearly against Ebays rules to interfere with your auction by emailing your possible bidders telling them not to bid. If you forward his emails that he sends to potential bidders, he will be forced to stop or he'll get booted.[
quote]

Again I did not tell them not to bid only to bid with caution.

"You wonder what I am doing? Well, so do I, in truth. Day seems to dawn, sun to shine, evenings to follow, and then I sleep. What I have done, what I am going to do puzzle and bewilder me. Have you ever seen a leaf fallen from your tree in autumn and been really puzzled about it? That's the feeling."  T.E. Lawrence- Seven Pillars of Wisdom [/quote]

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:07 pm 

Imperial_Sniper wrote: And I do not blame you for suggesting he report me to ebay, but again you only heard his side of the story.

Touche 8)

I am still unconvinced, because the two "WE ALL/WE'LL"  references in the above post to me is a true indication that you are more than who you say you are.  People speak their mind through first person experience and the "WE ALL/WE'LL" clearly references you, Maxwell and all the other members of this Forum could have"GOTTEN ALONG" is from the past experience, and "I'm sure we'll hear from Maxwell" is refering to future experiences. In the end though, it really doesn't matter to me either way.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:29 pm 

The clarkster is right, he had Maxie pegged.
Did I miss something? What has Impy done wrong? It seems to me he just had a bad transaction with a single-celled organism.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:32 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:The clarkster is right, he had Maxie pegged.
Did I miss something? What has Impy done wrong? It seems to me he just had a bad transaction with a single-celled organism.

No, nothing wrong at all. I just think he knows more that he is letting on to us. I'm cool either way.  8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:03 pm 

Oh, I stand corrected. Tommy9896 has since bid on another auction and won:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5166126755

Oh, and look who he outbid:

offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBid ... 5166126755

Guess somebody didn't feel like paying for that one cause he got bid to his "MAX", definitely a pun intended.

Oh, and for the curious here is TOMMY9896's bidding history, 2 pages:
cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPI ... mp;rows=25

cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidI ... &all=1

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:04 pm 

Dear eyeamgawd,

I cannot respond to your insults as somehow my account password has been changed on the ACAEUM but suffice it to say that you and Bclarkie and the rest of the boys can kiss my you know what. Prove it prove it and prove it. I deny it all. Even if ebay banishes me then what? I have made my money and its all mine not yours but mine. SO what can they do? nothing but say your a bad bad boy. I have shipped every auction and always will. Even yours traveller Prove I didnt. I have given refunds so now what. You post this and say your speech aboout how max got caught so you think and really what does it accomplish? I still have my money and the truth is I could always come back as another if I so choose so buzz off. If what your all saying is true which it isnt I would be embarrased to think I got scammed. But I did nothing wrong so toughen up and deal with your pettiness. I shipped everything and did nothing wrong. Tommy is a good ebayer who likes my stuff. Ask him unless you have scared him

Please respond to the question on eBay by clicking the button below.

Thank you,
brucem253

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:17 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Dear eyeamgawd,

I cannot respond to your insults as somehow my account password has been changed on the ACAEUM but suffice it to say that you and Bclarkie and the rest of the boys can kiss my you know what. Prove it prove it and prove it. I deny it all. Even if ebay banishes me then what? I have made my money and its all mine not yours but mine. SO what can they do? nothing but say your a bad bad boy. I have shipped every auction and always will. Even yours traveller Prove I didnt. I have given refunds so now what. You post this and say your speech aboout how max got caught so you think and really what does it accomplish? I still have my money and the truth is I could always come back as another if I so choose so buzz off. If what your all saying is true which it isnt I would be embarrased to think I got scammed. But I did nothing wrong so toughen up and deal with your pettiness. I shipped everything and did nothing wrong. Tommy is a good ebayer who likes my stuff. Ask him unless you have scared him

Please respond to the question on eBay by clicking the button below.

Thank you,
brucem253

Not much else to add to that I suppose other than sad, real sad... 8O
Well that and the fact I have never seen a person misspell the word "YOUR" so many times. MAX, if you can read this, it is "YOU'RE" as in the conjunction for "YOU ARE" not "your" as in you own something. :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:56 am 

maxwell wrote:Do you give cunnilingus? My twat needs it 8O

Maximillion...
You make it so easy to wind you up... DUD. :lol:
Is the weed starting to get you down?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:20 am 

bclarkie wrote:Not much else to add to that I suppose other than sad, real sad... 8O
Well that and the fact I have never seen a person misspell the word "YOUR" so many times. MAX, if you can read this, it is "YOU'RE" as in the conjuction for "YOU ARE" not "your" as in you own something. :?

Dear bclarkie,

You are a pedantic prescriptivist bastard.  And you spelled conjunction incorrectly.  Please turn in your language police badge immediately.

Signed,

Thuh Kolishun tu End Spelin Standardz. (TKESS)

:P

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:54 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Not much else to add to that I suppose other than sad, real sad... 8O
Well that and the fact I have never seen a person misspell the word "YOUR" so many times. MAX, if you can read this, it is "YOU'RE" as in the conjuction for "YOU ARE" not "your" as in you own something. :?

Dear bclarkie,

You are a pedantic prescriptivist bastard. And you spelled conjunction incorrectly. Please turn in your language police badge immediately.

Signed,

:lol: :lol:

Shit...I just realized there are no smileys for "Lauging so hard I pissed myself" and "Laughing so hard I spilled coffee on myself".

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:52 am 

belial418 wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:Not to interrupt this highly entertaining exchange, but has anyone had bad dealings with trollandtoad.com?

Two recent purchases from them were way off of their online descriptions. One was described as shrinked, but turned out it wasn't; the other was a "true first print" PHB that turned out to be a 6th printing.

They were nice enough about refunds, though.

Yeah they got me too--I even emailed and told him I was surprised and doubted they really had a Shrink Wrapped Basic set (The one with the Red Dragon, the Wizard and the fighter) I guess you call it the 1978 version? I dont know--well, it really was--but not shrink wrapped and not in mint cond. But it was better than I had hoped for I guess. I'm still learning--but it seems I'm getting burned constantly! :oops:

I actually spoke to them on the phone before ordering the "true first" PHB, and they confirmed the online description before sending me a 6th print.  After I got it and called back to complain, they said they never had a true first.  So...an honest mistake, or are they a shady dealer?  After reading about your experience, I'm inclined to think they're a bit shady. :evil:

Wow, fascinating exchanges with maxwell, and useful (to say the least) info on cougarrinard.  Glad to be here and benefit from the wisdom and vast experience of others. :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:08 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
Well that and the fact I have never seen a person misspell the word "YOUR" so many times. MAX, if you can read this, it is "YOU'RE" as in the conjunction for "YOU ARE" not "your" as in you own something. :?

Dear bclarkie,

You are a pedantic prescriptivist bastard. And you spelled conjunction incorrectly. Please turn in your language police badge immediately.

Signed,

Hey D, I don't have any idea as to what word you are saying that I misspelled :wink:
I demand my language police badge back  :lol:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:24 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:Dear bclarkie,

Signed,

Hey D, I don't have any idea as to what word you are saying that I misspelled :wink:
I demand my language police badge back :lol:

*gives it back for creative abuse of the timeline*  Nicely played.  :D

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:30 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:*gives it back for creative abuse of the timeline* Nicely played. :D

Ahh, to Err is human, to EDIT is divine!!  :D

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:36 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Hey D, I don't have any idea as to what word you are saying that I misspelled :wink:
I demand my language police badge back :lol:

*gives it back for creative abuse of the timeline* Nicely played. :D

Ah, the fall of Chronopolis is nigh... :cry:

(But <deimos> failed to vanish up his own paradox, alas).

*chuckles*. Sorry!  :oops:  :P

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:43 pm 

hey dude you might looking over my english paper before I turn it in?  lol I'm serious :P

Not that I have anything against Max and I don't..... Max it really really looks like your shilling... but as you were mostly shilling couger I forgive you ;)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:01 pm 

draco76 wrote:hey dude you might looking over my english paper before I turn it in? lol I'm serious :P

*blinks*. Which dude was that aimed at? ;)

Already did.
Would advise against the use of a comma prior to the first subordinate clause in the second paragraph since viewing that causes one of your colleagues to pause in bemusement leading to a timeline in which mutant chinchillas take over Detroit and <aneoth> finally wins a high-value auction.
Wouldn't dare tell you what happens if you remove it, though...

draco76 wrote:Not that I have anything against Max and I don't..... Max it really really looks like your shilling... but as you were mostly shilling couger I forgive you ;)

(Shilling against da coug? *g*).

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 6 of 112123, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 110111112