A Visit to Stratochamp's Collection
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:34 pm 

I have to get the acid removed first. The picture above was taken 7 days after your package arrived! I'm certainly going to get it framed and put it on the same wall as the original map of the City-State of the Invincible Overlord.

Shrink is not a condition

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:07 pm 

Sorry to necro-post.

I just recently was directed to this particular thread. Stratochamp's collection is a world class thing of beauty! A real credit to the collector and a major resource to the hobby and it's history! I only recently discovered that I've know Stratochamp for a very long time! What a wonderful and fortuitous discovery! Well met!

Looking through the pictures was a lot of fun and I have to tell everyone my favorite part of the whole thing...

The Bolotomus!

Been there, Done that.

No, I mean in the REAL world.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:25 am 

stratochamp wrote in A Visit to Stratochamp's Collection:Matt had time to take some pictures of a few things I thought folks would like to see, which included the Bottle City original map and notes that Improv just sold me.

Happy to see it go to a good person / home.  Hope all is well over there.  Sadly looks like I won't be visiting the US for a while.  And to think I visited both the east and west coasts over New Years ... just before life as we know it changed.

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:33 pm 

Hi Mike, I sent you a picture of it framed and on the wall, behind archival glass. Thanks very much once again!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:31 pm 

stratochamp wrote in A Visit to Stratochamp's Collection:Hi Mike, I sent you a picture of it framed and on the wall, behind archival glass. Thanks very much once again!

Got it ... looks great!

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:39 pm 

muddyboots wrote in A Visit to Stratochamp's Collection:Looking through the pictures was a lot of fun and I have to tell everyone my favorite part of the whole thing...

The Bolotomus!

Mine's dark green :D

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:54 am 

Mine are orange and brown. The orange was Tom Wham's. A green one sounds cool.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:36 pm 

Fred & Charley, fixtures on the GenCon Auction stage for more than 30 years, now perch on my office shelves.
Fred is the red-maroon one with a smooth velvety pelt; Charley is orange and fluffy. (Neither was ever stuffed.)

My friends Dave & Gary made a quantum leap in the human soul. Remember them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:01 am 

A couple people asked to see pictures of my collection and rather than add another thread(!) I thought I would just add to this one. nesbit37 is going to be stopping through in December and has kindly said he would take pictures of the several new displays I've added since he took these. Some of them can be seen on Facebook Acaeum in the interim.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:33 am 

Yup, looking forward to a return trip in a few months!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:52 am 

I guess I must have missed the updated photos of stratochamp's collection.  That DF setup is incredible!  And that must be the most minty (mintiest?) copy of Chainmail on the planet.
I've been wanting to take a few days and visit Chicago for years, mainly to catch a Cubs game.  But if I had a choice of either visiting Bill and his extensive collection or catching a home run at Wrigley Field, I would definitely pick the former.  :)

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:25 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote in A Visit to Stratochamp's Collection:I guess I must have missed the updated photos of stratochamp's collection.  That DF setup is incredible!  And that must be the most minty (mintiest?) copy of Chainmail on the planet.
I've been wanting to take a few days and visit Chicago for years, mainly to catch a Cubs game.  But if I had a choice of either visiting Bill and his extensive collection or catching a home run at Wrigley Field, I would definitely pick the former.  :)

Go to the Cubs game, but stop by Bill's first to borrow the Chainmail so you can flip through and read it during the 7th inning stretch, combine both activities!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:21 am 

John you are welcome anytime. Over on Facebook Acaeum there are a bunch of new pictures showing new displays of stuff. They would be under Susan Meinhardt.
When I had the Dwarven Forge city on the ground, with the Caves of Chaos next to it I also had upstairs the whole lower level to The Steading of the Hill Giant Chief. That took a weekend to set up. The Caves of Chaos took a long time to get just right. We have a 9' by 5' table in the basement now and the town has been moved up on to it (smaller though since it used to be 13' by 5" on the floor) but it is much easier to game with & manuever around.

Previous