Suspicion
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:41 pm 

patweb wrote:If you didn't want to pay shipping, you could have walked to the shop?

A lot of people pad shipping in EBAY, it is very common. You had the same choice as walking in the shop.

If he was bidding on his own items in competition with legitimate buyers, that would be a different problem.

I think he said that the seller wouldn't allow him to pick it up at the shop and required that he pay full shipping. The seller wouldn't even combine shipping, and that's why he feels he's been screwed.

Or at least that's how I read his post.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:53 pm 

Or he could have went to the shop and haggled with the owner to get the price he wanted and not had to pay shipment at all.

:)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:03 pm 

patweb wrote:Or he could have went to the shop and haggled with the owner to get the price he wanted and not had to pay shipment at all.

:)

I think I must have miss read something here... You see I think he said he couldn't find out who the seller was, as the seller was being evasive, and once he'd received the goods he was then able to do further investigation and discovered the link. I don't believe our friend would ever have bid on the items had he known who was selling them in the first place.

Maybe I'm reading too much into his posts.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:11 pm 

Ineresting...they both lost their accounts.... 8O  :?:

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:29 pm 

morgansurname wrote:Ineresting...they both lost their accounts.... 8O :?:

I guess that means somebody chose option 1  :D .

mbassoc2003 wrote:You could complain to eBay, but first off, if you don't like to quality of what you've bought you could contact the seller and point out that he has sold you items under fraudulent circumstances.

The story is that you have had bad experiences with cavileir attitude before and decided you'd never buy from them again. Your disagreement with the company is one of quality. You purchased from an individual who you have discovered is a second ID for cavilier attitude and who has been artificially inflating his user rating by buying from himself and leaving positive feedback.

That really depends on whether or not you're really pissed at what's happened.

An alternative may be to ask a friend who's into buying cheap stuff to set up an eBay account in an internet cafe. Then buy all his stock and ask him to ship it to the Soviet Block. Tell him your working there in a medical ward and you have problems with mail in Russia, so you'd like each item mailed individually. Tell him you'll post him an international money order and that if you post in on Thursday it should be with him in four weeks.

Four weeks later slap him with stacks of negative feedback.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:26 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Could you list the eBay seller ID's so we can take a look at the seller(s). Maybe it's about time we had a Shady Seller Blacklist, and rate them according to how many people had had bad experiences with them. That would give newbies, and people who hadn't come across someone before, a chance to evaluate a sellers standing/reputation with the people who have the most experience shelling out money.

Bad idea?

I hope this becomes an agreed upon idea--as a relative "collecting newbie" 1 years old, I've been burned too many times already. I've decided that my first "Time around" will be collecting all the modules I had as a kid, I wanted as a kid, and then anything cool. The "second go-round" will be exactly the same just  SWrapped Mint Cond 1st PR stuff ;)
I have found a handful of trustworthy sources and buy exclusively from them, but I'm sure the more good sources I have, the more variety of products--well in my case, any 1st edition modules. Please help us newbie newts from getting squashed by da big bad tyrant giants and shadow stalking thieves.
aka
W. Hooff jr
belial418
devonshire418

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:50 pm 

Belial, you might find that buying/trading with Acaeum members, especially for common modules, is cheaper and more reliable. There are very few bottom-feeders here, excluding myself.
I actually have a stupendous amount of "common" modules that need to find a home soon.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:25 pm 

I will buy them dud. :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:37 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Belial, you might find that buying/trading with Acaeum members, especially for common modules, is cheaper and more reliable. There are very few bottom-feeders here, excluding myself.
I actually have a stupendous amount of "common" modules that need to find a home soon.

Deadlord, by "common" do you mean "less popular", or is it later printings of the better modules?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:35 pm 

Both. I have a ton of the D&D and AD&D mods, a lot printed in the UK.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:15 pm 

Ears perk up at that.

Haven't done my income taxes yet, but other than S3: Expedition to the Barrier Peaks, I don't have any modules written by EGG.  Looks like I'll be talking shop with you again.  :)

Previous