Old Plastic TSR Miniatures: Need Some Help
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:55 am 

I remember having these old TSR plastic miniatures as a kid. I can't for the life of me remember how I got them. Does anybody know anything about the miniatures in this picture? (I am selling them as part of a lot on Ebay).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5956593911

Just curious.

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:27 am 

*squint* Looks like you've got some of the D&D 1" PVC figures... Kelek (black robed wizard), Ringelrun (White robed wizard), a couple of Stronghearts (armored guy) Um...Warduke (evil looking one), Skyla (the female wizard) and a couple of Zarak (little gobliny guy). Going by memory here. I think there were 8 different figures (Mercion and Elkhorn being the other two). Not sure if they're worth much (unlike the Tiamat figure...), though I know Skyla was only produced in this size. They never made a bigger figure of her like they did the others. Hope that's mildly helpful. :}

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:44 am 

Any ideas about how it was packaged/sold?

I went home a few months ago and found these in a dark corner. I remember having them as a kid. When I went to grandma's, I didn't have any dice and yet wanted to play a game of D&D. I remember putting a piece of tape on the back of each one and writing a number on them. I would then throw them all at once. I would then take the number on the back of the one that went the farthest and used that. They're in pretty good shape all things considered. :D

Ahhh, the memories. I really hate to see some of this stuff go. But you gotta let go sometime...

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:18 am 

I think they were sold both separately and also all together in a boxed set. I know a friend of mine has some of the singles. *laugh* That's a pretty unique way of doing dice rolls. Hey, whatever worked for you. ;}

I'm sure if you websearch a little you might be able to come across a checklist with values and such that may help more if you're wanting to get that in-depth.

Waterdeep? Never heard of it.

-Factol Pentar, Doomguard

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:32 am 

The Toyarchive is a good web site featuring the AD&D action figure line from LJN. You should be able to find the information you are looking for somewhere within this site:

STA:  Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Action Figures & Toys

A shop for Action figures from the UK (don't know if there still in business):

Toydreams - Advanced Dungeons and Dragons

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:28 am 

Those were some good links Ralf, thanks. I didn't see the bullywugs or carrion crawler in the monster section though, so maybe their lists aren't complete.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:51 am 

Ekim Toor wrote:Those were some good links Ralf, thanks. I didn't see the bullywugs or carrion crawler in the monster section though, so maybe their lists aren't complete.

That's because these were manufactured by TSR, as far as I know. Here is a list of TSR's two inch solid PVC figures (might be incomplete):

TSR5006        Stalwart Men-At-Arms
TSR5007        Steadfast Men-At-Arms
TSR5008        Heroic Men-At-Arms
TSR5009        Elves of the Woodlands
TSR5010        Dwarves of the Mountain King
TSR5011        Sarken Mercenaries
TSR5012        Orcs of the Broken Bone
TSR5013        Troglodyte and Goblin
TSR5014        Bugbear and Goblin
TSR5015        Bullywugs of the Bog
TSR5016        Skeleton Soldiers of Sith
TSR5017        Sinister Spectre and Lich
TSR5018        Five-Headed Hydra
TSR5019        Neo-Otyugh
TSR5020        Raging Roper
TSR5021        Deadly Grell
TSR5022        Carrion Crawler
TSR5023        Chimera
TSR5024        Fire Elemental (Magic) and Crystal Ball Treasure
TSR5025        Shambling Mound and Treasure Sack
TSR5026        Minotaur and Crown Treasure
TSR5027        Odious Ogre and Book of Magic
TSR5028        Terrible Troll and Goblin
TSR5029        Umber Hulk and Dungeon Treasure

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:20 am 

outskirtsofinfiniti wrote:Ahhh, the memories. I really hate to see some of this stuff go. But you gotta let go sometime...

Blasphemy!  They'll have to pry my stuff from my cold, dead hands....  :wink:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:49 pm 

Wow, that was a neat link - how do you find this stuff? Mainly, I was just trying to remember how I got these (I would have been in elementary school at the time). I figure they'll sell for whatever they sell for, and I highly doubt they'll dwarf the L3 in the auction they are with. Although I do have the "uber-rare" Skyla  :o

I don't recognize the group pack, and seeing as how I have duplicates of some, plus figs that weren't in the pack, it couldn't have been from that. I guess I might have picked them up in a garage sale. No telling. Maybe I stole them from my older brother.

dathon wrote:
outskirtsofinfiniti wrote:Ahhh, the memories. I really hate to see some of this stuff go. But you gotta let go sometime...

Blasphemy! They'll have to pry my stuff from my cold, dead hands.... :wink:

When they pry them from your cold, dead hands, you will have to let that stuff go. :lol: