ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:35 am 

I would love to be on the list if their is still availability.

--Thor

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:35 am 

Thor wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:I would love to be on the list if their is still availability.

--Thor

You have been added!  Welcome!   :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:04 pm 

Awesome! Thank you!

--Thor

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:15 pm 

Hello Ben/Joshua,

I can't believe that I missed out on the previous three (3) projects :-(  Please count me in on this one, but I hope we can see a sketch or similar rendering before we are committed to the $180. I'm sure that Mr. Caldwell will create an awesome piece, but if it's going to framed & hung in my house, it will have to be something the Mrs does not "disapprove" of  :oops:

I searched the other threads to see what the other projects were and what the final product was, but I could not see any images, due to them being posted via PhotoBucket. Is there any way that we could have a visual reference to the completion of the previous projects?

Thanks in Advance - Paul

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:45 pm 

Here's the three we've done so far:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:43 pm 

PM-Knight wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:Hello Ben/Joshua,

I can't believe that I missed out on the previous three (3) projects :-(  Please count me in on this one, but I hope we can see a sketch or similar rendering before we are committed to the $180. I'm sure that Mr. Caldwell will create an awesome piece, but if it's going to framed & hung in my house, it will have to be something the Mrs does not "disapprove" of  :oops:

We will present on this thread a sketch similar to the one's Foulfoot presented in the previous post for you to decide whether you want to participate or not.  Your signing up on the List does not commit you to participate.  When you ask to be added does determine your relative print number placement which can move down as other people with a lower number drop in their interest or fail to pay in a timely manner.  My first post in this thread attempts to explain this print number process better.  We discourage private messages about this project so everything is above board and transparent as possible.

Finally, from time to time these rare previous prints come up for sale and are sometimes announced on these threads or in the Classifieds.  They are sometimes offered up at the NTX auction.  I believe all of the original prints are showcased at NTX  as well.  They are as beautiful as they appear.   8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:50 pm 

I understand the process and I am okay with any ranking really, as it is more about the art than the "value" of being X of total prints.

In looking at the previous prints, I would be very interested in an Elmore print and an Easley print, if there are any available. I love the shadowy figure in the upper level of the library in the Easley print  :D  If there are any to be had, regardless of print#, please let me know or point me in the right direction.

Thank you - Paul

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:55 am 

PM-Knight wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:Hello Ben/Joshua,

I searched the other threads to see what the other projects were and what the final product was, but I could not see any images, due to them being posted via PhotoBucket. Is there any way that we could have a visual reference to the completion of the previous projects?

Thanks in Advance - Paul

Paul, I have the first one framed and hanging in my living room over my desk.  It has been there for at least a couple of years.  My husband just noticed it about a month ago, and opined that it might not be suitable for that space.  I murmured something noncommittal, and he seems to have forgotten about it.  Would that everyone could have such an unobservant and forgetful spouse.  These are well done.  I have all three, and need to get around to framing the second two. They do not happen rapidly, but are worth the wait.
Jo

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:59 pm 

Interested in one

Ask me about my new M16!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:13 pm 

I know the organisers are all busy - with real life etc...

Just interested in any developments... thanks.

Yours
Seany

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:05 pm 

Seany wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:I know the organisers are all busy - with real life etc...

Just interested in any developments... thanks.

Still waiting on Caldwell.  As far as I know he hasn't started on this art yet, which brings to mind a question; Why is 'patience' a virtue? Why can't 'hurry the hell up' be a virtue?  :?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:22 pm 

I was just looking at the prints again tonight, I've decided I like the Otus the best :)  These projects are awesome, thanks again Committee!

Btw, did we ever talk about why there are no books or significant Acaeum reference on the Elmore?  (I don't count the graffiti on the rock, lol, it could be an old Dragon cover).  I'd like to request an Acaeum call out on the next one :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:37 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:I was just looking at the prints again tonight, I've decided I like the Otus the best :)  These projects are awesome, thanks again Committee!

Btw, did we ever talk about why there are no books or significant Acaeum reference on the Elmore?  (I don't count the graffiti on the rock, lol, it could be an old Dragon cover).  I'd like to request an Acaeum call out on the next one :)

Glad you like your prints.  I love mine too.  I am partial to the Elmore print on most days.

The committee asks each artist to place the word "ACAEUM" somewhere in the art, and Elmore did that.  I can tell you that the committee has wrestled with how much to intervene in the creation of each artwork.  Overall, we haven't asked for many changes, but we probably became most involved with Easley's artwork.  We had him add bookcases behind the battle and add the assassin.  His original thumbnail to us looked like the beholder was in a dungeon and the committee liked the idea of the Acaeum being a library and/or book, so that's why we asked for that change.  Our interference added a couple months to the process, and didn't really improve the art that much, so we decided to limit our input/edits in the future.  We are not artists.   :?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:43 pm 

Thanks for the quick response, I think the assassin first, the library second, totally make that piece.

Again, well done :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:54 pm 

Even though Otus is my favorite artist from TSR (and it's not even close) the Otus print is actually my least favorite. Maybe he'll do another one sometime... PDT_Armataz_01_03

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:47 am 

Personal preference is the Easley artwork, I dropped out on that venture in the early days of its run unfortunateky
I'd be interested if one ever came up again
I like the Elmore work too. However for me, whilst it's a funny piece, I'm not feeling the Otus one as the fave of the magic user worries me :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:51 pm 

I love all three though the Easley most  reminds me of the style of Dragon magazine covers.

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:38 am 

Hi,

I would be interested please. On the loyalty list, but probably gone ;(

Been a bad year tbh, but hopefully getting better.

Cheers,
karen

PreviousNext