ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:57 am 

simrion wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:BUMP! Just because...any word from the artist (or any artist?)

We're working on it, but no, no word for now.   :(

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:12 am 

I appreciate everyone’s busy in life, but I’d say you look for another artist and hope to get a result sooner

How long has it been since a) the work was offered & b) you last heard from him?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:33 am 

We have been working on an interim artist, yes.  No further details to share right now, but hopefully soon.  :)

Foul

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:50 pm 

ashmire13 wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:I appreciate everyone’s busy in life, but I’d say you look for another artist and hope to get a result sooner

How long has it been since a) the work was offered & b) you last heard from him?

The last we heard from Clyde was early May and his response stated in part:

As I mentioned in my previous email, my progress on the commissions has been extremely slow.  This is due to the fact that I spend most of my work time filling and shipping website orders.  My website has done really well over the past several years and provides a good bit of my retirement income, which is a good thing.  The negative is that I spend fewer hours working on actual art projects.  However I'm still hanging in there on the commissions and will get to yours ASAP.  Sorry it's taken so long.  I hope it'll be worth the wait!?

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:21 pm 

If Clyde is actually now working on it, then I am willing to wait.

Martin Britt

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:32 pm 

benjoshua wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:It is now it's time for our fourth, and possibly final, Limited Edition, Classic AD&D Art Project! The Limited Edition Art Committee is proud to announce that our next featured artist will be...drum roll....Clyde Caldwell!  He's agreed to be the next artist in this series, but we're doing this project slightly different from previous projects.

Clyde charges significantly more for commissioned art than any of our previous artists.  ScketreWhisp proposed to the committee that he personally commission the artist and then allow the committee to make prints from the art at a cost we could afford.  This means he gets the original.  ScketreWhisp agreed to commission a work of art completely in line with our previous guidelines.  The committee is grateful for his generous intervention.  We could not have produced affordable prints without him.

The Acaeum Limited Edition Art Committee (ALEAC) is composed of Badmike, myself, grodog, Burntwire Brothers, and Foulfoot.  This next print will be in color, the same dimensions as the Otus and Elmore print (17" x 24"), and cost around $180 (plus shipping).  The printing process will match the quality of the Larry Elmore, Erol Otus and Jeff Easley prints.  We would like to have this art available for the 2018 NTRPG CON, but we're not rushing it.  It should be finished no later than 2019 NTRPG CON.

The content of the art will be old school AD&D--something one would see gracing a module or manual cover--an adventuring party battling an old school monster.  The word "Acaeum" will appear in the piece.  Each piece will come with a Certificate of Authenticity.

The number of prints will be limited to 75.  Priority will be given to those who participated in the last project first and regularly contribute to the Acaeum community.  A person can request, but may not necessarily receive, up to two prints.  Allowing two print purchases by some members may be what it takes to get to 75 paid-for prints.

The print number selection process will be similar to the last art project.  This process is not perfect.  Members of the committee receive little financial or tangible benefit from leading this project except that they have chosen to receive first dibs on print numbers.  People who participated in the last project and who are regular contributors to the Acaeum community or those who registered their interest before have been added to a "Loyalty List."  This is in appreciation for all in the Acaeum who supported us. If you are on this list, just state your intentions to participate (bold names have registered their interest already), and you'll know your likely print number (according to the Loyalty List #) and your guaranteed participation.  Registering your interest is not binding.  Anyone else can request to be included in this project, but Acaeum contributors will receive priority over those who are one-post-wonders.  

Here's the Loyalty List:

1. benjoshua
2. Burntwire Brothers
3. Badmike
4. Mars
5. smarmy1
6. misterspock
7. simrion
8. grodog
9. mdr003
10. jasonw1239
11. stratochamp
12. dbartman
13. carrejo
14. copycat
15. Prufrock
16. FoulFoot
17. Grug Greyskin
18. Blackmoor
19. Mizzle
20. Phaedran
21. bbarsh
22. ScketreWhisp
23. ExTSR
24. JasonZavoda
25. HermitfromPluto
26. Lucyjoyce
27. dsaunders
28. Gnat The Beggar
29. Bracton
30. Avurax
31. Thunderdave
32. Egg of Coot
33. mark1107
34. simonmwh
35. GreyM
36. Ligmancer
37. nevcoup
38. b-36       
39. GamesGuy
40. Improv
41. lokiwookie
42. TollHouseGolem
43. Invincible Overlord
44. xRaplphx
45. Seany
46. Tharzidun
47. red wizard
48. Rabbitt67
49. Sea-to-sky-games
50. Nogrod
51. mrmanowar
52. Chucho68
53. chrisdeputron
54. cdenham
55. cabala
56. wjaehnig
57. Zenfinite
58. 2now4
59. Teague
60. chromaticknight
61. waxgravy
62. Peter Green
63. Ekim Toor, leadjunkie
64. muaddib5
65. Lordan
66. Heresy
67. twwii
68. aia
69. sheeadog
70. brute
71. cdenham #2
72. stratochamp #2
73. dbartman #2
74. Improv #2
75. NTRPGCON

The committee plans on publishing a transparency report when this project is done as we did with our last projects.  We welcome feedback but strongly prefer it be on this thread and not by private message. So, please begin registering your interest on this thread (if your name is not listed or bold) and whether you would like to buy two prints.  :)

You can take me off the list (#64).

Thanks,
Scott

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:56 pm 

muaddib5 wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:
You can take me off the list (#64).

Thanks,
Scott

I will pick up a second print to keep it at 75, if you dont have a waiting list already  

Mike

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:30 pm 

Here's the Loyalty List:

1. benjoshua
2. Burntwire Brothers
3. Badmike
4. Mars
5. smarmy1
6. misterspock
7. simrion
8. grodog
9. mdr003
10. stratochamp
11. dbartman
12. carrejo
13. copycat
14. Prufrock
15. FoulFoot
16. Grug Greyskin
17. Blackmoor
18. Mizzle
19. Phaedran
20. bbarsh
21. ScketreWhisp
22. ExTSR
23. HermitfromPluto
24. Lucyjoyce
25. dsaunders
26. Gnat The Beggar
27. Bracton
28. Avurax
29. Thunderdave
30. Egg of Coot
31. mark1107
32. simonmwh
33. GreyM
34. Ligmancer
35. nevcoup
36. b-36       
37. GamesGuy
38. Improv
39. lokiwookie
40. TollHouseGolem
41. Invincible Overlord
42. xRaplphx
43. Seany
44. Tharzidun
45. red wizard
46. Rabbitt67
47. Sea-to-sky-games
48. Nogrod
49. mrmanowar
50. Chucho68
51. chrisdeputron
52. cdenham
53. cabala
54. wjaehnig
55. Zenfinite
56. Mordenkainen
57. chromaticknight
58. muaddib5
59. Lordan
60. Heresy
61. twwii
62. sheeadog
63. brute
64. TechMan
65. Skullhammer
66. Thor
67. PM-Knight
68. Lord Metal-Demon
69. kgreene
70. Zenonmarfat
71. Kobad
72. shadeun
73. rhynne
74. cdenham #2
75. NTRPGCON
If you want to be added to this list or have feedback, just say so on this thread.  We prefer no private messages.   8)

Last edited by benjoshua on Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:33 pm 

muaddib5 wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:You can take me off the list (#64).

Thanks,
Scott

Done!

chromaticknight wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:
I will pick up a second print to keep it at 75, if you dont have a waiting list already  

Mike

Improv requested a second print long ago and his request was bumped off, and now that there's space, he's back on.  I hope that makes sense.  There's always a chance I didn't do that right.  It's common for people to drop off once the art is finalized and the request for payment is made, so don't give up hope.  8)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:02 am 

Hi, Did Improv request a 2nd print before Craig Denham or I did?

Shrink is not a condition

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:56 am 

stratochamp wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:Hi, Did Improv request a 2nd print before Craig Denham or I did?

cdenham requested a second print before everyone I believe.  Fixed!  Thanks for catching that!   8)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:06 pm 

benjoshua wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:
cdenham requested a second print before everyone I believe.  Fixed!  Thanks for catching that!   8)

Great catch! Not sure that I would have caught that myself. THANKS! :)

Carpe DM!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:14 am 

The old list #2 copy list was:

70. cdenham #2
71. stratochamp #2
72. dbartman #2
73. Improv #2
74. Mars #2
75. NTRPGCON

I think these were in request order.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:40 am 

benjoshua wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:Improv requested a second print long ago and his request was bumped off, and now that there's space, he's back on.  I hope that makes sense.  There's always a chance I didn't do that right.  It's common for people to drop off once the art is finalized and the request for payment is made, so don't give up hope.  8)

Didn't realise I was bumped off .. glad I am am back  :D

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:52 am 

FoulFoot wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:We have been working on an interim artist, yes.  No further details to share right now, but hopefully soon.  :)

Foul

The reality is that this round is now entering it's fifth year. If I remember correctly the initial timeline was 2019 at the latest.   Is there anything I can do to help push this along with another artist? Do we have a short list of other artists?

For the record If Clyde comes back at the same time I am happy to pay for both. My worry is Clyde is not getting any younger ... and neither am I  :)

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:51 am 

Improv wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:
The reality is that this round is now entering it's fifth year. If I remember correctly the initial timeline was 2019 at the latest.   Is there anything I can do to help push this along with another artist? Do we have a short list of other artists?

For the record If Clyde comes back at the same time I am happy to pay for both. My worry is Clyde is not getting any younger ... and neither am I  :)

The committee is not happy with the delay either.  We're considering other options, but there's no news to report at this time.  There's nothing anyone can do that I can think of.   :?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:41 pm 

benjoshua wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:
The committee is not happy with the delay either.  We're considering other options, but there's no news to report at this time.  There's nothing anyone can do that I can think of.   :?

Doug Rhea originally commissioned this from Mr Caldwell if I remember, has Doug's passing changed anything? It's a shame he didn't get to see it (whatever it ends up being like). Is Doug's family still continuing with the commission?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:12 am 

wjaehnig wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:Doug Rhea originally commissioned this from Mr Caldwell if I remember, has Doug's passing changed anything? It's a shame he didn't get to see it (whatever it ends up being like). Is Doug's family still continuing with the commission?

Did not realise that.  My condolences to his family.  :cry:

PreviousNext