ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:09 am 

Mizzle wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:Hi,

I would be interested please. On the loyalty list, but probably gone ;(

Been a bad year tbh, but hopefully getting better.

Cheers,
karen

Your name is now in bold, and you are good to go.  No worries.  

I hope and pray your year gets better.  8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:46 pm 

Hi Chris, et al,
My Elmore print is #10. I would like my Caldwell print to be #10 as well. I have bought all three prints, plus multiple extras to help out and make sure they were all sold. Would you mind explaining to me why my loyalty list number hasn't been moved to #10 permanently? Thank you, Bill

I have another suggestion come to think of it. What do you think about printing the number of the prints (as in #10 of 75) on the certificates of authenticity?

Shrink is not a condition

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:32 pm 

stratochamp wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:Hi Chris, et al,
My Elmore print is #10. I would like my Caldwell print to be #10 as well. I have bought all three prints, plus multiple extras to help out and make sure they were all sold. Would you mind explaining to me why my loyalty list number hasn't been moved to #10 permanently? Thank you, Bill

You have been super supportive of these projects from the beginning, and I appreciate that.  Thank you.  You asked a question I haven't thought about for a while!  This took me a while to research as I had to re-read numerous Limited Edition Art threads to make sure I gave you a good answer.  First off, your print number went from #10 to #11 because grodog did not participate in the third art project, but he's on the Acaeum Limited Edition Art Committee.   (ALEAC) which means he gets to pick his print number.  It's the only perk committee members get.  We pay the same and have wait to get our print along with everyone else.  

Second, jasonw1239 has not responded yet to this thread and if he drops off, you, along with everyone after you will slide down one spot and you'll get #10.  If, for some reason jasonw1239 jumps in, you are welcome to request he switch spots with you, and as long as he states this on the thread, we'll make that change.

Third, going back even farther to the very first Limited Edition Art thread, there was a fair amount of discussion about how the print number process should work.  There were numerous opinions.  The committee decided upon a system where people were added to the interest list according to their expressed interest on that thread.  You stated your interest pretty early, and that's why you have a low number.  The committee decided that we would receive print number privileges.  We also decided that that as people added on, they would be added to the end of the list.  As people dropped off, people with higher numbers would slide down.  There were two other exceptions made for the last two projects.  A) ScketreWhisp would be able to buy all prints that weren't sold and those would be the numbered prints at the end.  B) aia would get print number 69 because he wanted it and many other people in the world would not want that number.  We have stated all along that this is not a perfect process.  There have been other people who have stated on these Limited Edition Art threads that they don't like the process but relatively few in number.

Finally, I can promise you that we'll review the process for this next project.  It's a fair question and the committee has learned some things as we've muddled along.  That being said, we do have a track record that I believe is pretty good, and we have a system that, if we kept it as is, would probably receive less scrutiny/hassle than if we made changes.

stratochamp wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:I have another suggestion come to think of it. What do you think about printing the number of the prints (as in #10 of 75) on the certificates of authenticity?

Good idea!  I'll also bring this up with the committee.   8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:05 pm 

Query - I know it is commission piece of art.. do the artists give a time frame for the work?   back in august last update was he had not started the commission piece??  Can we as customers state a time frame. I am not being pushy - just curious..  as in the past when I have commissioned a piece of art or a figure to be painted - they have given a timeframe

I am happy to wait - just as I say curious - got the space on the wall ready to be filled ;-)

thanks in advance

Yours
Seany

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:40 pm 

Seany wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:Query - I know it is commission piece of art.. do the artists give a time frame for the work?   back in august last update was he had not started the commission piece??  Can we as customers state a time frame. I am not being pushy - just curious..  as in the past when I have commissioned a piece of art or a figure to be painted - they have given a timeframe

I am happy to wait - just as I say curious - got the space on the wall ready to be filled ;-)

thanks in advance

A good question.  Unfortunately, we are at the mercy of the artist.  We asked for a commission, and he said he'll start when he's finished with all the projects ahead of ours.  He's good enough that he had a waiting list and we basically had no choice.  We want him and we are willing to wait.  The history of these projects is that they come around every two or three years, but are not scheduled.  We've requested completion times on one or two of these projects, but we've not always received what we've requested.  Artists frequently have a reputation of being on their own schedule, and I guess that's what's happening here.  I would love to see the art done in time that we can have it at NTX this summer for buyers to pickup and avoid shipping charges.  That may or may not happen.   8)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:23 pm 

Is it too late to get in on this? I was part of the Elmore and have the Easley would love to have a Caldwell! :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:06 am 

Sorry for the late response...but I am in ;) Thanks for keeping the spots for previous supporters  :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:36 am 

cabala wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:Is it too late to get in on this? I was part of the Elmore and have the Easley would love to have a Caldwell! :)

Not too late!  You are in at #54.  We can definitely continue to add people in until we request payment, and even after that if some people don't pay in a timely manner.  And since work on the art has not begun, we're probably a ways off from that.

GreyM wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:Sorry for the late response...but I am in ;) Thanks for keeping the spots for previous supporters  :)

No problem.  You are set at #34.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:35 pm 

Thanks to dbartman for contacting me.
I am going to pass on this project.
Still loving my other prints though!
Lots of real world stuff getting in the way with home renovations, health issues, etc.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:44 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:Thanks to dbartman for contacting me.
I am going to pass on this project.
Still loving my other prints though!
Lots of real world stuff getting in the way with home renovations, health issues, etc.

No problem.  I will take you off the list and move everyone with a higher number one lower (except for #69).

stratochamp wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:Hi Chris, et al,
My Elmore print is #10. I would like my Caldwell print to be #10 as well.

Hey, hey!  You are now at #10!   :)

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:15 pm 

Hi,

Sorry for late response and I have been away a while.  Can I still get on the list please?

Thank you,

Red wizard

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:39 pm 

red wizard wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:Hi,

Sorry for late response and I have been away a while.  Can I still get on the list please?

Thank you,

Red wizard

Yes!  You are at 45 right now.   8)

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:01 pm 

benjoshua wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:
Yes!  You are at 45 right now.   8)

Thanks!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:35 pm 

Anything? Bueller?

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:35 pm 

Nada.   :cry:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 12:40 pm 

The original post for this was in July of 2017. We are quickly approaching 2 years and it sounds like there has been no movement. Is there much chance this will ever come to be?

Just curious.. =)

--Thor

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 3:16 pm 

Thor wrote in ACAEUM LIMITED EDITION ART PROJECT - QUATRE TRAIN:The original post for this was in July of 2017. We are quickly approaching 2 years and it sounds like there has been no movement. Is there much chance this will ever come to be?

Just curious.. =)

--Thor

I must admit that I am beginning to wonder the same thing, but I know of no reason why it won't still happen.  Clyde has yet to communicate with ScketreWhisp that he is ready to begin as far as I know.  When I learn more and can pass along information, I will.  I wish I had better news.   8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:13 pm 

I accept that we are hostage to the whim of an artist...I don't like it but I accept it  :(

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

PreviousNext