Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 6 of 111123, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:09 pm 

I was actually going to list my DM's Index in a few weeks. Nice to know it goes for a bit.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:00 pm 

Doublet trouble...12 heads are better than six, yes my man Paul has another giant for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5&tc=photo

Deadlord36 wrote:I was actually going to list my DM's Index in a few weeks. Nice to know it goes for a bit.

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:53 am 

$624 for a miniature I can't use, or even check to see if it is complete and/or has any factory damage? No thanks.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:54 pm 

His last one sold for $525 or so to Blackmoor, im sure he wouldnt mind opening it up for the winner before it shipped.

Deadlord36 wrote:$624 for a miniature I can't use, or even check to see if it is complete and/or has any factory damage? No thanks.

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:32 pm 

mdr003 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Space Gamers #4-9. *grumble* (Not sure I could justify a bid for the sake of one issue; nor, perhaps, Mike on the companion lot for the sake of two...)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5955870173

Hi David -

I'm thinking 2 issues in a lot of 5 is pretty good odds... well worth bidding on. Shouldn't have any problem reselling the three duplicates I'll get.

The other lot, where you'd pickup one issue out of six - that's a harder call. I'd probably still bid on it if I needed one of those issues, and throw the rest up. There's always a market for SG so you wouldn't have any problems passing any extras along.

Heh, heh... You think, Mike?

Was $296. *eeps*.
Even with "a few smudges here and there"...

Anyone want to buy #5-9 in NM condition for $240??
Thought not! :P ;)

=

Saw ya got blown out the water, too, for #10-14!
A mere $138...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5955872329

Any thoughts from the underbidder appreciated!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:39 pm 

I am surprised no one has pointed this one out yet.  Judging by the bidding history, it doesn't look like it is a big secret to the board:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEWA:IT

Looks to be a fairly nice second print copy, just some small bends in the cover folder.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:49 pm 

Empire of the Petal Throne:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 97601&rd=1

Anyone know what printing that is?  Or is it a cleverly bound photocopy?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:54 pm 

harami2000 wrote:It's back...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5956395728

*lol*. Might even have been a genuine listing error, too! 8O
I stand corrected, if so (hey! there's a first time for everything on eBay...).

Enjoy; all you U.S. bidders (and Canucks disguised as such!)

I'm from NY, eh.  :lol:
I'm assuming someone inquired about the printings of the ambiguous MM/PHB, or they could be disappointed later.  Don't you hate it when sellers conveniently leave the key details out of the photos?

Currently at $189 with just over 2 days left.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:04 pm 

And that guy will not even reply to E-mail inquiries with anything like a good response to a normal question either. They send out a standard note saying that the listing if for items on consignment and that they know next to nothing. They won't even look in the books for specific easy to confirm info, like: How many pages are there in the Deities and Demigods book? :roll:

I am willing to take the chance up to now, but if my latest very specific inquiries remain unanswered to my satisfaction, then so be it... ifearyeti will win, or some other bidder... In any case, I doubt that the bid will remain at the present price. If my current bid does remain, then that is just fine too. I will know the answers to my questions when the box arrives.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:28 pm 

Aneoth wrote:And that guy will not even reply to E-mail inquiries with anything like a good response to a normal question either. They send out a standard note saying that the listing if for items on consignment and that they know next to nothing. They won't even look in the books for specific easy to confirm info, like: How many pages are there in the Deities and Demigods book? :roll:

I am willing to take the chance up to now, but if my latest very specific inquiries remain unanswered to my satisfaction, then so be it... ifearyeti will win, or some other bidder... In any case, I doubt that the bid will remain at the present price. If my current bid does remain, then that is just fine too. I will know the answers to my questions when the box arrives.

Well, I was actually planning a fairly substantial snipe :D , but the bidding war that has now taken place will effectively eliminate that possiblity (which after further review may end up being a good thing). The seller is a consignment shop which is probably scary enough, but the sellers total lack of responsiveness to even simple inquiries (they can't even answer a simple page count question? come on give me a break :roll: )is a huge red flag. Their feedback and their return policy also leads one to believe that if you win this auction and it turns out to be a bunch of garbage, don't expect any kind of response.
All items sold AS IS. Returns are accepted ONLY if the item was not as described in the auction. Buyer must contact us at [email protected] to initiate a return within 3 days of receiving the item. Buyer is responsible for return shipping charges.

When you consider the fact that there is no actual description, it is just a listing of items that are included, then according to their rules they would not even take it back unless the items in the auction listing weren't included in the shippment. So basically their return policy is you buy it, you don't like it, I guess that you are SOL :evil:

But who knows maybe it will work out for the best.  I hope for whoevers sake that is, that it does.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:36 pm 

I called the store Aneoth. TM reg. applied for on monster manual, no printing designation on first page of players handbook, 144 page deities & demigods. I am assuming some big collector in Oregon is selling out judging from what that store has been selling of late. You already surpassed my high bid.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:37 pm 

Thanks very much for the info.  :)

I figured as much on the MM and the DMG looks to be an early issue as well. I was hoping the DDG book had the right number of pages (Hence my first question to them, which was accompained by others). The players handdook was basically a hopeful item on my part. I am looking for a an early Print in NM or better condition, that one looks very nice, so I took a chance.

So, since you were actually able to speak with, what is your thinking on the lack of usefull replies to E-Mails?

BTW. I noticed that you have been getting some VERY nice buys on Core Rules books lately, especially on older MM's and PHB's. I am a little curious to know how many of them were First Prints?

Nice finds all...and some truly excellent prices too...

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:21 am 

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 3&rd=1

Some interesting stuff. A total of 65 mags, a combination of roleplaying and wargaming. Early SpaceGamers (#2 - #14), plus others including Gryphon, Pegasus, Spartan, F&M, General, Nexus etc etc.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:13 am 

Aneoth wrote:
So, since you were actually able to speak with, what is your thinking on the lack of usefull replies to E-Mails?

BTW. I noticed that you have been getting some VERY nice buys on Core Rules books lately, especially on older MM's and PHB's. I am a little curious to know how many of them were First Prints?

One.

The lady I spoke to was very nice. She was just an employee at their store. It must just be part of their corporate procedure to have a form reply to all e-mails.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:56 am 

ifearyeti wrote:One. The lady I spoke to was very nice. She was just an employee at their store. It must just be part of their corporate procedure to have a form reply to all e-mails.

Congrats on the First Print! Nice...
I am a bit jealous.... :wink:

All in All I think Form Replies SUCK!! :x  

Here is the standard "Corporate Policy" E-Mail that I was sent yesterday. Below is the THIRD such E-Mail that I have received thus far from these guys, after repeated inquiries about their various listings currently on E-Bay. And this is after writing o the Secondary E-Mail address they suggest TWICE in the "Corporate Policy" E-Mail immediately after the FIRST such response.

If I do win any of their listings, then I truly hope that they DELIVER their items in a more friendly way than their E-Bay On-Line customer service suggests.

BTW: How did you get their phone number? I did not see it in any of the E-Mails from them nor have I seen one in any of their listings and as far as I can tell they do not have an E-Bay Store front either.  :?

Will you send it to me, by PM or E-Mail at [email protected]? I asked for a phone number to call them in one of my responses and I've had no reply as yet, other than additional letters such as the one below, which are about as helpful as an angry wife.... and not nearly as entertaining...

Thanks, Aneoth

Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:02:32 -0800
From: "info.or045" <[email protected]>  Add to Address Book
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Possible Spam] Question for item #5166639231 - 68 ROLEPLAYING BOOKS-DUNGEONEER/WHITE DWARF-OTHERS-NR!!

Thank you for your inquiry to iSold It.

At times, we receive so many that it is difficult to respond to each
person as quickly as we would like.
To assist in answering your question quickly, we have prepared a list
of Frequently Asked Questions.

If, after following the suggestions listed below you still need help,
send an email to [email protected]. When available, please
include an ISI number, eBay number, and the Title of the Item in your
message.  

Thank you for your interest in iSold It!

iSold It Frequently Asked Questions

--- THE AUCTION ---

What is NR?
NR means "No Reserve", meaning there is no hidden starting bid for the
auction.

Do you have a Buy It Now or end auctions early?
No, we do not end auctions early or offer a Buy It Now option. All of
our auctions go for the full duration.

What will my shipping and handling costs be?
To find shipping and handling costs for your item, scroll down on the
auction page, until you see a yellow shipping calculator button. Select
your service (US Postal Service Priority Mail or UPS Ground), type in
your zip code, and you will see your shipping and handling charge. If
the calculator is down, try again after a few minutes.

Can you ship outside of the United States?
We do not ship internationally at this time.

Do you take Money Orders or checks?
No, we do not. We can only accept PayPal and Credit Cards (MasterCard,
Visa and Discover) and Debit Cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo.

Can you send me additional photos of the item?
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of items we receive each day we
cannot take additional photos of specific items.

What does "Powered on but not tested" mean?
This means that we have plugged in and turned on the item to see if it
started up.

What does "Sold As Is" mean?
Since we cannot fully test every function of an item, some items are
Sold As Is. These items cannot be returned.

--- CHECK OUT ---

I received an e-mail but I cannot check out. What can I do?
If the link in your e-mail is not letting you check out properly, you
can visit the auction page, scroll down and click on the yellow Andale
Checkout button. This will guide you through the rest of the process.

I purchased multiple items, can you combine my shipping?
No, currently our system does not support combined shipping.

I have not received an invoice for the item.
After each of our auctions close, we automatically send an email to the
winning bidder. At times, spam guards may prevent that email from
reaching you. If you have not received an invoice email, you can simply go
to the auction page and scroll down and click on the yellow Andale
Checkout button and you will be able to proceed from there.

Thanks again for your interest in an auction from iSold It.

If, after following the suggestions listed above you still need help,
send an email to [email protected]. When available, please
include an ISI number, eBay number, and the Title of the Item in your
message.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:41 pm 

mdr003 wrote:cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 3&rd=1

Some interesting stuff. A total of 65 mags, a combination of roleplaying and wargaming. Early SpaceGamers (#2 - #14), plus others including Gryphon, Pegasus, Spartan, F&M, General, Nexus etc etc.

$45 for shipping...ouch! Thats from Oregon to Tacoma, WA!

I won an auction of 59 Dragon mags from OR and it only cost me $12 shipping.

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:49 pm 

I sold 116 Dragons and the shipping was around $25.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:27 pm 

Anybody feel like duking it out with Cougar?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 6 of 111123, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 109110111