Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 49 of 111123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:26 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
Deadlord36 wrote:You JUST sent this and eBay dropped them? Seems like they are in overdrive.

not really before time tho is it frank?

bout time they got their butt's into gear and tidied up the place a little bit....now if they would just sort them PDF guys out, we would feel like we were getting somewhere (i have now mailed on like 10-12 occasions with no luck - i musn't have the "sway" in their decision making that bclarkie does :D  )

Al

Ebay seems to have a lower tolerance for obvious bid shilling than many other infractions committed on their site (including outright thievery).  Most the time it is as obvious as Keep and Coin, the accounts are suspended until a complete investigation has been made.   I reported someone for similar actions before, they were suspended immediately, but later I noticed they were back online under the same name with no problems...obviously the investigation didn't pan out.  Hopefully these cretins will be banned permanently.  Good one BC!

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:53 pm 

Now I am not really into collecting mini's but if they make more like these I might. :twisted:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 8&rd=1

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:44 pm 

bclarkie wrote::D I definitely had both yourself and Frank in mind when I sent Ebay the email. I am pleaseantly but very surprised when they acted very quickly. Maybe someone should email him now a copy of the email he sent you a couple months ago and ask him how his EBay sales are doing now. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: He who laughs last, always laughs best. :P :lol:

Hrmm... I hadn't been thinking about that, but now ya come to mention it... :D
Yeah, was pretty obnoxious, both times.

Only hope he follows-through on the deals which hadn't been completed when he was booted... :?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:48 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Now I am not really into collecting mini's but if they make more like these I might. :twisted:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 8&rd=1

Ya know...
My old girlfriend said she was a model, and didn't want to tell me for who.
I think I just "figured" it out.

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:02 pm 

Holy crack monkeys! If your ex looked like that, you need to be beaten with a week-old haddock for cutting her loose.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:59 pm 

Actually,
She was blonde, her face was easier on my eyes, and...
[heavy Scottish accent] She had huge tracts of land! [/heavy Scottish accent]

And she split on me....commitment issues.

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:54 pm 

PoVQ for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:00 pm 

thx, Stephen.

"I believe this is the 5th printing of this module dated 1977."
Just a wild guess, perhaps? :)

Un-trimmed scan would be good: seller mentions "tiny stain at the bottom left corner", but there's certainly something interesting going on at the bottom right, too.
*looks closer*

Sticker remains at the top-right as well, phps?? Not particularly obvious, if so.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:17 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Un-trimmed scan would be good: seller mentions "tiny stain at the bottom left corner", but there's certainly something interesting going on at the bottom right, too.
*looks closer*

Sticker remains at the top-right as well, phps?? Not particularly obvious, if so.

Agreed.  Surely it would fit squarely in the middle of the scanner's glass, so why trim it?  Hmmm...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:02 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Agreed. Surely it would fit squarely in the middle of the scanner's glass, so why trim it? Hmmm...

Seller hasn't sold anything in almost a year and hasn't anything elso for sale? You haven't got one of those yet, have you? Going for one of everything? :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:04 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Agreed. Surely it would fit squarely in the middle of the scanner's glass, so why trim it? Hmmm...

Because so many sellers trim the images habitually, either to remove the (apparently useless) blank space and/or to make them, or the item for sale, look "neater".

Not necessarily any deliberate attempt to misrepresent in this case, but just something to address with the seller for anyone wanting to throw a whole chunk of cash at it.
And hoping that the seller might consider putting a link to an untrimmed scan or updating the item description, if required, as a sign of "goodwill".

(Too often willingness to answer trivial questions which might help boost the item's value or desirability are followed by point-blank refusal to do anything that may reduce it. Am tracking a prime example of that now, elsewhere, where the seller actually /requested/ that I ask a positive question on the item rather than as a message to themselves (so that it could appear on the eBay listing). Since it was obvious I was being "used", I added my other question which was to follow, which highlighted negative issues that /are/ present. Result, no answer... Surprised? Not at all...).

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:07 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:

Seller hasn't sold anything in almost a year and hasn't anything elso for sale? You haven't got one of those yet, have you? Going for one of everything? :D

Got far more $ than I have lying around, that's for sure! :D

Obtaining the different prints as well as "one of each" item can be a lot more "interesting", IMHO.
The OD&D sets or Daystar Rahasia are obvious examples...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:13 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:Seller hasn't sold anything in almost a year and hasn't anything elso for sale? You haven't got one of those yet, have you? Going for one of everything? :D

Got far more $ than I have lying around, that's for sure! :D

Obtaining the different prints as well as "one of each" item can be a lot more "interesting", IMHO.
The OD&D sets or Daystar Rahasia are obvious examples...

Hi David,

Didn't afoolandhis$ by both the Bella and Bauer PoVQ's. Good position to be able to provide printing info for Acaeum.

That aside, when was the last time you saw a 1st Dwarven up for sale?

Wouldn't mind a Pharoah or Rahasia myself.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:56 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Didn't afoolandhis$ by both the Bella and Bauer PoVQ's. Good position to be able to provide printing info for Acaeum.

*nods*. Whether there are any further variations in the early or later prints might require yet more copies, though :)
Rahasia and the OD&D set both have at least one extra print not currently listed, so PotVQ has some catching up to do... ;)

mbassoc2003 wrote:That aside, when was the last time you saw a 1st Dwarven up for sale?

About a week or two ago.

mbassoc2003 wrote:Wouldn't mind a Pharoah or Rahasia myself.

Heh, heh...
*watches ya twitching*

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:25 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote: Didn't afoolandhis$ by both the Bella and Bauer PoVQ's. Good position to be able to provide printing info for Acaeum.

Yes indeed, though I'm still awaiting the Bauer PoVQ.  Long haul from Bahrain.  Probably have to blow the sand off when she arrives.

Don't know about comparisons, though, since I won't be taking the Bella out of the bag.  May be able to compare map grids, but that's about it.

BTW, I'm not in the running for the 5th printing that's up for sale now.  Not THAT interested in the PoVQ!   :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:32 pm 

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5&rd=1

Draco, is that some original D&D artwork I see in your horde there in your OCE auction picture? :?

*points to X11 cover painting in the bottom left hand corner*

Maybe I should be a dick, and knock of your BIN. :P [j/k]

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:46 pm 

its this I think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5185381899

I should rename my store Draco's Mess lol

I'm looking at some wierd shit I have now lol, FAIRY MEAT ?  wtf lol

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:49 pm 

I'll stick a better OCE up next week that ones a little rough.  I have a nice white one someplace ......

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 49 of 111123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 109110111