Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 46 of 111123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:23 am 

Blackmoor wrote:grodog wrote:
Hmmm, anyone make an offer the seller couldn't refuse on this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5174595897

So why is he no longer registered now?

He is not registered because he was shilling his own auctions. :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:35 am 

MatthewHopkinsWitchfinder wrote:
I've just become a new member of this great forum and I've been reading about recent ebay auction activity. I was absolutely shocked when it dawned on me that I was reading about a purchase I actually made myself.
It's a shame that the many good and honest sellers have to pay the price for the few that are dishonest and selfish.
I'd been wanting to get my hands on one of these boxed sets for some time and when I noticed one with the 'buy it now' feature I decided I'd go for it while I had the chance. I asked the seller if I had to actually pay for it immediately or if he was willing to wait a few days until I had sufficient funds. He e-mailed me back and said it's no problem but to hurry because there were other people interested, too. By the time I read his message someone had already placed a bid and I noticed the 'buy it now' option was no longer there. I wasn't sure about it so I asked him if it was too late and if not then I'd definitely buy it immediately.
He was kind enough to end the auction himself and take the risk. I ended up paying what the 'buy it now' price originally was. It was in perfect condition and worth every penny. The seller went above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate me and to keep me well informed along the way until it arrived.
As I told him, my only regret is not being able to leave positive feedback for him (especially after reading through this forum).
While I certainly don't blame anyone for being suspicious, I am a firm believer in giving the benefit of the doubt (unless it's a certain ghastly looking, middle aged pop icon preying on unfortunate, awestruck children). Just kidding.

Hi Eric, and welcome to the forum.  I just wanted to point out to that if you read my original post and you look at the bidding history as well as feedback left and locations of all the parties involved, it was a petty clear cut case that that seller was in fact shilling his own auctions. This was pretty clearly done on a multitude of occasions as evidenced by bidding history and feedbacks left both ways.  Believe me, if Ebay wasn't 100%, they wouldn't have acted.  As a matter of fact in some circumstances they don't even act when they are 100%, unless so many people turn in the seller in that they realize that they have no choice.  Oh well, good to see you on the forum here. :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:47 am 

bclarkie wrote:He is not reistered because he was shilling his own auctions. :evil:

That would be a very honest response to the usual question. A real bummer if you'd already bought one from him though.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:09 pm 

dungeon geo's!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true

1 day cheap cheap fun fun

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:11 pm 

draco76 wrote:dungeon geo's!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true

1 day cheap cheap fun fun

Cheers. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:15 pm 

I'm pimping for ya man :D

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:59 pm 

Hi Eric, and welcome to the forum. I just wanted to point out to that if you read my original post and you look at the bidding history as well as feedback left and locations of all the parties involved, it was a petty clear cut case that that seller was in fact shilling his own auctions. This was pretty clearly done on a multitude of occasions as evidenced by bidding history and feedbacks left both ways. Believe me, if Ebay wasn't 100%, they wouldn't have acted. As a matter of fact in some circumstances they don't even act when they are 100%, unless so many people turn in the seller in that they realize that they have no choice. Oh well, good to see you on the forum here. :D

I count myself lucky for not doing my homework like I should have. 8)
Had I known then what I do now I doubt I would have gone through with it.
I guess I've been pretty lucky that I've only had great experiences with eBay so far (including several from you).
Indeed I'm thankful for the knowledgeable people who do and share such research. :)

"Men sometimes have strange motives for the things they do." - Matthew Hopkins, Witchfinder General

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:58 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 16381&rd=1

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:32 pm 

Bunch o' cool stuff in this lot:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 8&rd=1

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:28 am 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:Bunch o' cool stuff in this lot:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 8&rd=1

Darn, if we weren't moving this week I'd bid, but we're leaving for Orlando to live in the next few days. :)

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:16 am 

Nice copies of the following:

Second Edition Chainmail  8)

The Arduin Grimoire Volume 1: First Print

The Book of Monsters compiled  by Phil Edgren: This one I know nothing about.... Anyone?

White Box Set, 5th or possibly fourth print. Box top has side/corner damage from water (Or something), Books look to be near Mint with a little staple rust...

A small peice of paper is placed off to the left side in the group picture, looks like white box sets errata sheet?

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... Track=true

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:02 pm 

One from the "miscellaneous magical items" table:
cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 4&rd=1

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:18 pm 

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

Silver Aniversary Box anyone?

~jeff

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:41 am 

deimos3428 wrote:One from the "miscellaneous magical items" table:
cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 4&rd=1

Wow! A cloning kit! :D  :lol:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:10 am 

Rick Bauer has a fighting wheel for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:26 pm 

feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View ... ompage=222

I really do hope this aint what it appears to be...............
Look at the date this member joined E-Bay, and then look at the auction bid list...

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5181863526

BTW: I/O do you want to own EVERYTHING?? :(
Your killing me here..........

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:38 pm 

*blinks*. I'd've thought that was plenty high as it was...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:47 pm 

Geez, and I have a couple of minty copies ready to hit eBay this week. Good to know.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 46 of 111123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 109110111