Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 45 of 111123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:01 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Good looking copies SR #3 (2 copies) - #7
eBay listings
$4-8 each, with 4 hours to go

(plus a decent-priced 1ed. "Cults of Prax" from the same seller which presumably has a few creases at the base, since I can't see them elsewhere)

Ahh, just too tempting to pass up. Thanks David. :wink:  :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:10 pm 

A damn fine condition on that boxed set, any takers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:15 pm 

Monte Cook's wife is ebaying quite a few things.

eBay listings

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:58 pm 

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

Good one for the completist, even has a sticker listing it as property of TSR editing dept...placed a $10 bid on it myself, though I expect to be outbid by auctions end.  Not sure I really want a marked up copy, but hell it has to be worth more than a run of the mill A1.

~jeff

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:13 am 

MrFilthyIke wrote:Monte Cook's wife is ebaying quite a few things.

eBay listings

Aha!  So it is a legitimate seller.  I could have sworn those labels looked familiar, and Maxwell's little tirade has made me edgy about buying anything out of WA.   :wink:

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:01 am 

eBay listings

Lots of interesting things in that listing... editor's copy of Rogues Gallery, TSR logo polo shirt, TSR letter head stationary... Kinda neat.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:35 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:

eBay listings

Lots of interesting things in that listing... editor's copy of Rogues Gallery, TSR logo polo shirt, TSR letter head stationary... Kinda neat.

I have bought years ago from her a TSR polo shirt. I have used it in the store, but never in the conventions I attend (Lucca Games and virtually no others) because I fear the effect it could have on unsuspecting visitors and fans. Neat item however!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:28 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Good looking copies SR #3 (2 copies) - #7
eBay listings
$4-8 each, with 4 hours to go
Ahh, just too tempting to pass up. Thanks David. :wink: :D

Hrmm... that went a bit frantic at the end, no? :?
Good try, though.

OK, I s'pose $4-8 each was a bit optimistic...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:16 pm 

Several people were looking for the mini versions of the AD&D books, this seller has quite a few of them starting at $0.99:

eBay listings

YIM  

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:00 am 

Character Archaic, anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :B:SS:US:1

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:20 am 

Being that I have already spent way to much money the past few days, I am going to share this one that has seemingly slipped through the cracks. Its a shrinked Kobold Hall by Role Aids. Currently only at $49.80 with just over 16 hours to go.
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

I would love to have this myself, but looks like I will have to wait. :evil: Here is to hoping that it falls into someone heres hands. :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:26 am 

Later printing D&D Basic set. UK auction with UK only shipping. Nice set with vintage dice still sealed. But quite a premium to pay just for some sealed dice.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5180610166

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:24 am 

Not the best FirstQuest; just picked up a bid at £29.99 with 1 1/4 days to go (apologies: my fault for helping set that £30 mark, I guess)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5179399767

Chainmail with low opening price. (I thought it was one of the photocopies, at first sight).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5181691668
$1.99 start with 5 days to go

Arneson AIF with DunDraCon V programme (boxed set signed at that con, rather than the "usual" doubly-signed(??IIRC) shrinked ruleset)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5181776534
$10 with 5+ days to go

Quite a few early WDs at more decent prices than have recently been seen; UK sale
eBay listings
£6 for 1st reprint #2, £1-2 for issues in the teens (all with 7 hours to go)

aside: How often has anyone bid on 3 hole punched items without noticing, per this seller's Gs and sellers other Ds...?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5181345488
($2.75 would be OK for copies to use(8O), though, were it not for the postage)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:56 am 

johnhuck wrote:Later printing D&D Basic set. UK auction with UK only shipping. Nice set with vintage dice still sealed. But quite a premium to pay just for some sealed dice.

Maybe I should have put this on the the silliest prices thread?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:15 am 

johnhuck wrote:
johnhuck wrote:Later printing D&D Basic set. UK auction with UK only shipping. Nice set with vintage dice still sealed. But quite a premium to pay just for some sealed dice.

Maybe I should have put this on the the silliest prices thread?

Guess so.  I just gave you the benefit of the doubt, though.  My early morning eyes read it as:
notjohnhuck wrote:Later printing UK D&D Basic set.  Auction with only nice shipping.  Premium set with dice still sealed.  But quite a problem to play just with some sealed dice.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:05 pm 

The brothers burnt have several non-game tsr items up. They have several sealed old fantasy calenders, puzzles and some pins too. Most of their of stuff has $20.00 to $25.00 BINs. Get them now while they stay somewhat cheap:

eBay listings

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:14 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Guess so. I just gave you the benefit of the doubt, though. My early morning eyes read it as:
notjohnhuck wrote:Later printing UK D&D Basic set. Auction with only nice shipping. Premium set with dice still sealed. But quite a problem to play just with some sealed dice.

:lol:

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:25 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
grodog wrote:Hmmm, anyone make an offer the seller couldn't refuse on this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5174595897

Or maybe a shill. :evil: I am not real impressed with that high bidders feedback history. 9 positives by 2 different user Id's. Funny 7 of the positves are from the same seller and the other seller that left that bidder a positve also happens to be from Ohio. Must be a coincidence. :wink: Look at fasttrots Recent Ebay bid history: cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidI ... amp;sort=3

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

He must not have been happy with the fact you knocked of his BIN, so he challenged your high bid, realized it wasn't high enough for his tastes to knock of the BIN, and ended the auction early so he could relist it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like dctspro has at least 2 other User ID. It is pretty clear cut that fasttrot00000 is a shill to dctspro, but looking further look how much the same the this 3rd handle slowpoke-1 and fasttrot00000 leaves feedback for others:

This is fasttrot00000: feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View ... amp;de=off
And now look at at slowpoke-1's: feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View ... amp;de=off
How strikingly similar, well that and the fact that both dctspro and slowpoke-1 are both from the Cleveland Ohio area. :roll:
I have a sneaking suspicion this user ID jugsdaclwn may be connected as well: feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View ... amp;de=off

Okay, I am done now. :D

I've just become a new member of this great forum and I've been reading about recent ebay auction activity.  I was absolutely shocked when it dawned on me that I was reading about a purchase I actually made myself.  
It's a shame that the many good and honest sellers have to pay the price for the few that are dishonest and selfish.  
I'd been wanting to get my hands on one of these boxed sets for some time and when I noticed one with the 'buy it now' feature I decided I'd go for it while I had the chance.  I asked the seller if I had to actually pay for it immediately or if he was willing to wait a few days until I had sufficient funds.  He e-mailed me back and said it's no problem but to hurry because there were other people interested, too.  By the time I read his message someone had already placed a bid and I noticed the 'buy it now' option was no longer there.  I wasn't sure about it so I asked him if it was too late and if not then I'd definitely buy it immediately.  
He was kind enough to end the auction himself and take the risk.  I ended up paying what the 'buy it now' price originally was.  It was in perfect condition and worth every penny.  The seller went above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate me and to keep me well informed along the way until it arrived.  
As I told him, my only regret is not being able to leave positive feedback for him (especially after reading through this forum).
While I certainly don't blame anyone for being suspicious, I am a firm believer in giving the benefit of the doubt (unless it's a certain ghastly looking, middle aged pop icon preying on unfortunate, awestruck  children).  Just kidding.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 45 of 111123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 109110111