Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 29 of 111123 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:04 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Does anyone know it the R1 Pre-Pub is real yet? I'm not getting any response to questions. I've requested photos. Anyone else have any luck. I notice this guy has not much of an eBay history.

*points to the top of the (previous) page; fifth post*

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:09 am 

It seems to me, since the module is a PRE pub, that it wouldn't have been mailed out to people. The copies were numbered, and they were given/sold at conventions, no? Why would TSR print a few copies and mail them to RPGA members? Very shady......

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:16 am 

There is a great deal of money floating around our market ATM. Everything seems over inflated across the board and key items are fetching silly money. Is this just making me paranoid? Would I be questioning these items if the market were flat?

Has your PoVQ Surfaced yet, David?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:17 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:It seems to me, since the module is a PRE pub, that it wouldn't have been mailed out to people. The copies were numbered, and they were given/sold at conventions, no? Why would TSR print a few copies and mail them to RPGA members? Very shady......

I'm still waiting for an observation from the Acaeum "sage".

If they are willing to guarantee that it is genuine, is good enough for me. :o

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:19 am 

harami2000 wrote:I'm still waiting for an observation from the Acaeum "sage".

If they are willing to guarantee that it is genuine, is good enough for me. :o

Likewise. I may be tempted to snipe. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:16 pm 

Of course I can't "guarantee" that it's genuine.  I don't believe I've corresponded with this individual -- if he had sent me scans of the item, I should have updated the R1 registry with #18 -- but I'll have to check the archives at home and make sure it's not sitting in there.

From the pictures provided in the auction, it appears real.  Though such things can be faked, especially something as easy as this (it's a dot-matrix printout, for chrissakes).

I will take a closer look later this evening, and see what I can tell.  FYI, in the future, if you're demanding a response, the best way to get my attention is to send me an e-mail.  I don't read all the posts here, unfortunately.

Foul

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:26 pm 

Wasn't sure where to post this question, so I just put it here:

When you guys ship soft sided items, (magazines, modules, etc) is it enough to put them in a USPS Priority envelope or do they get damaged in transit because of a less than tight fit? Do any of you utilize the manila envelopes with the bubble-wrap stuff inside that they sell in the supermarket? Or is there some other prefered method that keeps them from damage?

Thanks!

Scouts out!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:28 pm 

I asked a question of the seller if he would consider an escrow arrangement to verify/validate authenticity.  His response was no he wouldn't, and that the Acaeum "Sage" had validated his copy as being genuine and that I could ask him about this.  Hmmm....

You asked:

"Hello there, will you accept an escrow arrangement in order to authenticate/validate this item is genuine and not a forgery? Thanks, Jeff"

Hello, Thank you for your interest in this item. I am the original owner of this module. I did have it authenticated by The Acaeum Sage and you can contact them at [email protected]. They will be posting the information on their web site the next time it is updated. I am sorry but I do not accept an escrow arrangement. I can assure you that it is the genuine item. You can check my feedback and see it is 100% positive. If there is anything else I can do to reasure you please let me know.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:39 pm 

a2jeff wrote:I did have it authenticated by The Acaeum Sage and you can contact them at [email protected]. They will be posting the information on their web site the next time it is updated.

That *is* typically the language I use when receiving new info, so again, I'll check the archive and get back with everyone.

Foul

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:14 pm 

Hmmm... Ended early. Curious.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5961286862

One of you guys must have made an offer that could not be refused....

So what was the offer then?

Just out of curiosity.... :?:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:15 pm 

Aneoth wrote:Hmmm... Ended early. Curious.

i think it was for the best (ie the auction closing) - there was trouble brewing there imo :)

did someone actually make an offer in private?

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:18 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
Aneoth wrote:Hmmm... Ended early. Curious.

i think it was for the best (ie the auction closing) - there was trouble brewing there imo :)

did someone actually make an offer in private?

I was guessing....... as I can see no other reason to end it now.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:29 pm 

Quiet day today. maybe its just everyone

****eagerly awaiting stormber's auctions****

T minus 23 minutes and counting.............. :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:33 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Quiet day today. maybe its just everyone

****eagerly awaiting stormber's auctions****

T minus 23 minutes and counting.............. :D

Yep...he popped in for a minute there, I guess he's looking to see who's about.  I don't even know what he's putting up, but dammit, I'm bidding on something. ;)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:40 pm 

deimos3428 wrote: Yep...he popped in for a minute there, I guess he's looking to see who's about. I don't even know what he's putting up, but dammit, I'm bidding on something. ;)

He put a partial list in the classified ads last week:

http://www.acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17291#17291

Lots of goodies to be had. I think I may make a serious run at the Orange B3, but well see how crazy it gets. :wink: Then again he also has 3 RPGA mods going, a T1st Greyhawk, and a First print Players Handbook.

Eh, were do you start?  :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:07 pm 

cavscout761 wrote:Wasn't sure where to post this question, so I just put it here:

When you guys ship soft sided items, (magazines, modules, etc) is it enough to put them in a USPS Priority envelope or do they get damaged in transit because of a less than tight fit? Do any of you utilize the manila envelopes with the bubble-wrap stuff inside that they sell in the supermarket? Or is there some other prefered method that keeps them from damage?

Thanks!

I usually will offer the buyer the option of an envelope but items will almost always sustain damage such as dings and bends, unless it is reinforced with a backing board of some sort.  The best way to go is with a USPS priority box, or your own if you can get them, and some type of padding.  That's the best way to prevent items from being damaged.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:19 pm 

OK, I looked through the archive, and I did find a message from the R1 pre-pub seller (he titled his message "Lost Tamoachan Registry", which is why I didn't see it before).

He provided a cover scan of the module and of the envelope sticker which are a little higher resolution than the eBay ones.  They look good.  Meaning, I don't think it's a fake, though of course anything's possible -- I don't have the module sitting in front of me.

TSR (or more likely, Frank Mentzer at home) printed up a hundred of these, and some were indeed sold at the convention(s).  The pre-pubs were advertised in Dragon, and it's possible they were available for purchase through the RPGA for a limited time.  So it's possible he received it through the mail, like he says.

All in all, I'm not particularly suspicious.

Foul

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:29 pm 

FoulFoot wrote:All in all, I'm not particularly suspicious.

thx, Scott :)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 29 of 111123 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 109110111