Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 23 of 100123 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 9899100
Author


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3793
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:59 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:
cavscout761 wrote:A question for all you experts:



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT



Well for one thing, that is not an OCE. it has to be a 4th or 5th print set.  :D




Looks like it to me, too, though it's hard to tell, probably because they used a flash.  Did you email the seller?

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:05 pm 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
bclarkie wrote:
cavscout761 wrote:A question for all you experts:



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT



Well for one thing, that is not an OCE. it has to be a 4th or 5th print set. :D




Looks like it to me, too, though it's hard to tell, probably because they used a flash. Did you email the seller?




No I didn't, but even as "white" as that picture is, considering how nice of condition of the box appears to be, you still should be able to see the OCE starburst if it was there.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:12 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:No I didn't, but even as "white" as that picture is, considering how nice of condition of the box appears to be, you still should be able to see the OCE starburst if it was there.


Try again... :D



*is tempted to do you a FBI-enhanced image*



Yeah, the box and books could be covered in smudge marks and you'd hardly notice with that flash!

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:18 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:No I didn't, but even as "white" as that picture is, considering how nice of condition of the box appears to be, you still should be able to see the OCE starburst if it was there.


Try again... :D



*is tempted to do you a FBI-enhanced image*



Yeah, the box and books could be covered in smudge marks and you'd hardly notice with that flash!




Are you insinuating I am being a bit presumptuous?  :?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:19 pm 
 

Here is one for all of you who like a little porn with your D&D:  :wink:



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 44387&rd=1


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:23 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Here is one for all of you who like a little porn with your D&D: :wink:



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 44387&rd=1




Here is some follow up on this one:



http://www.geocities.com/chainmailgirl/cmg.htm



She's actually not to bad, kind of cute. :wink:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 343
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 28, 2017
Location: Turin, Italy

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:38 pm 
 

bclarkie, are you searching for "chainmail" of late?



:lol:

 YIM  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:39 pm 
 

Re; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5170212176

bclarkie wrote:Are you insinuating I am being a bit presumptuous? :?


Hrmm....



Well, being an OCE would hardly damage its value in the current marketplace!



As to the rest of the condition; it looks pretty fine to me, to say the least. Would be looking to send a few questions in to confirm that, however, rather than just go by one pitifully low-res image and the seller's word... has only three hours to go, though.

Had been expecting that one to be flying somewhat higher, to be honest.

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:43 pm 
 

rosenkav wrote:bclarkie, are you searching for "chainmail" of late?



:lol:




If it comes packaged like that, then yes. :wink:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Active Collector

Posts: 41
Joined: Feb 21, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 23, 2005
Location: Portland, OR

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:44 pm 
 

Thanks all,

Guess I wasn't clear. I knew it wasn't an OCE, (thanks to this site, but mine is) I just wanted to know what you professional collectors prefer when it comes to buying off ebay to save myself time when I post mine for sale. Traveller gave me a headsup on photobucket which I now belong to which was great. As for the extra picture costs, it does suck, but it's only .15 per. If I figure four good close-up scans (3 books and the reference sheets) plus a picture of the box, it's still less than a dollar. I can swing that. Wouldn't it be better to include the .75 in the handling option and save yourself (the seller I mean) the time of answering multiple emails? I mean, you would have to fill the box with bubble wrap and bubble wrap the box itself before packing to insure no damage from shipping wouldn't you?


Scouts out!

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:50 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:Re; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5170212176

Hrmm....



Well, being an OCE would hardly damage its value in the current marketplace!


Well that certainly is the truth. Pretty scary huh?  8O



harami2000 wrote:As to the rest of the condition; it looks pretty fine to me, to say the least. Would be looking to send a few questions in to confirm that, however, rather than just go by one pitifully low-res image and the seller's word... has only three hours to go, though.

Had been expecting that one to be flying somewhat higher, to be honest.




Yeah, especially if you are considering dropping that kind of money. If it ends up being a 4th/5th print and as nice as it appears to be though, it would end up being a pretty good buy at that price. :D


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:58 pm 
 

cavscout761 wrote:Thanks all,

Guess I wasn't clear. I knew it wasn't an OCE, (thanks to this site, but mine is) I just wanted to know what you professional collectors prefer when it comes to buying off ebay to save myself time when I post mine for sale. Traveller gave me a headsup on photobucket which I now belong to which was great. As for the extra picture costs, it does suck, but it's only .15 per. If I figure four good close-up scans (3 books and the reference sheets) plus a picture of the box, it's still less than a dollar. I can swing that. Wouldn't it be better to include the .75 in the handling option and save yourself (the seller I mean) the time of answering multiple emails? I mean, you would have to fill the box with bubble wrap and bubble wrap the box itself before packing to insure no damage from shipping wouldn't you?




In that circumstance, then definitely yes. Please excuse me, as even though I am not a "true" reseller, I have a tendancy to look at it from point of view,  :oops:  because I usually try to buy stuff in large lots, keep what I want, and sell off the rest.  Being where you are just looking to auction off an individual set like that, then yes, absolutely it would be worth the extra money to post more pictures that are more clearly viewable.  It will save you a lot of question answering and as they say,  "Picture is worth a thousand words..........."  :wink:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:08 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Re; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5170212176

Hrmm....



Well, being an OCE would hardly damage its value in the current marketplace!


Well that certainly is the truth. Pretty scary huh? 8O



harami2000 wrote:As to the rest of the condition; it looks pretty fine to me, to say the least. Would be looking to send a few questions in to confirm that, however, rather than just go by one pitifully low-res image and the seller's word... has only three hours to go, though.

Had been expecting that one to be flying somewhat higher, to be honest.




Yeah, especially if you are considering dropping that kind of money. If it ends up being a 4th/5th print and as nice as it appears to be though, it would end up being a pretty good buy at that price. :D


Ok, either the seller has changed the picture in the time you guys posted, or I'm missing something.  That picture shows a set that is most definitely an OCE!  Look at the larger pic at the bottom of the listing.  :wink:

 YIM  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:22 pm 
 

deimos3428 wrote:Ok, either the seller has changed the picture in the time you guys posted, or I'm missing something. That picture shows a set that is most definitely an OCE! Look at the larger pic at the bottom of the listing. :wink:




Well I am totally confused, or does my monitor suck that bad. :? I can not at all see the OCE starburst in that picture, it seems to be a plain white box to me. Is it me?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Active Collector

Posts: 41
Joined: Feb 21, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 23, 2005
Location: Portland, OR

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:22 pm 
 

OOOPS!  My bad :oops:


Scouts out!

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:23 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Yeah, especially if you are considering dropping that kind of money. If it ends up being a 4th/5th print and as nice as it appears to be though, it would end up being a pretty good buy at that price. :D


Image

Ah... at last!



Apologies for the delay...

PC crashed badly. Image processing program refused to load the pic, so I reinstalled. Still didn't work. (Had to convert it to a .bmp first...).



=



(Yeah, I'd probably pay around about $100 for a very fresh 5th print... low-side would be better, though).

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:28 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
Apologies for the delay...

PC crashed badly. Image processing program refused to load the pic, so I reinstalled. Still didn't work. (Had to convert it to a .bmp first...).




I guess it is my monitor then.  :oops:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:31 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:
harami2000 wrote:
Apologies for the delay...

PC crashed badly. Image processing program refused to load the pic, so I reinstalled. Still didn't work. (Had to convert it to a .bmp first...).




I guess it is my monitor then. :oops:


I tried different temperature settings on mine, and didn't make too much of a difference.

Is hardly the most obvious starburst in the world, I must admit!



And yes, an OCE in that condition should do well, just now. But then, Frank's only made it to $79 at the end of last year and that even had an extra paper slip (can't remember what it was, exactly) which I've not seen before.

Maybe other people think it's just a "boring" fifth print, too! :D

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5617
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 25, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:33 pm 
 

So it's an OCE.

Clarkie, that Chainmail chick magazine shows up every so often. I agree, I'm sure she has a great hatchet wound. That is D&D related, no?


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:38 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:I tried different temperature settings on mine, and didn't make too much of a difference.

Is hardly the most obvious starburst in the world, I must admit!



And yes, an OCE in that condition should do well, just now. But then, Frank's only made it to $79 at the end of last year and that even had an extra paper slip (can't remember what it was, exactly) which I've not seen before.

Maybe other people think it's just a "boring" fifth print, too! :D




I converted it to a bitmap on my hard drive and zoomed all the way in on it, so I could see the starburst as well. It's good to not be presumptuous.  :wink:



Deadlord36 wrote:Clarkie, that Chainmail chick magazine shows up every so often. I agree, I'm sure she has a great hatchet wound. That is D&D related, no?




LOL  :lol:  Nice :wink:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 23 of 100123 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 9899100