Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 22 of 100123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 9899100
Author


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:46 pm 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:I even had a guy saying he thought it was worth £1000!


I think that's what's commonly known as a spoiler... :roll:



Or else someone who was on a high after their £26 ropey-WD #12 purchase! ;)

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3795
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 15, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:50 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:I even had a guy saying he thought it was worth £1000!


I think that's what's commonly known as a spoiler... :roll:



Or else someone who was on a high after their £26 ropey-WD #12 purchase! ;)




No sh*t.  At least the seller seems to have realized that such an offer was off the screen.

  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5622
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Apr 20, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:07 pm 
 

eBay listings has several modules in shrink, including G1-3



eBay listings has O1, I8, DA3 in shrink



A somewhat beat EPT box with excellent contents, $50 BIN @

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WD1V


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:37 pm 
 

Sword anyone?  8O



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 33286&rd=1


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:58 pm 
 

Newbie Seller with a very undescribed early OD&D box set:



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true



Could it be a Woody?  Located in Manchester, New Hampshire.  I wonder if Frank knows him?  :wink:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5622
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Apr 20, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:47 am 
 

good-looking SR #7, $15, no bids, 1+ days left:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 628
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Mar 15, 2007
Location: Illinois

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:50 am 
 





Hey if you want swords I will probably be selling swords from UNITED CUTLERY at pretty good rates be about a month before I start offering them, probably offer them like 5% over cost to Acaeum members if they wanna get in on my 1st order :P

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:57 am 
 

Dark & Hidden Ways



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 40225&rd=1


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:04 am 
 

OCE with all the supplements (2 Greyhawks).



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 73792&rd=1


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5626
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:27 am 
 

I'll find out about the NH boxed set. I knowa few Pauls, it might possibly be one of them.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:54 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:Newbie Seller with a very undescribed early OD&D box set:



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true



Could it be a Woody? Located in Manchester, New Hampshire. I wonder if Frank knows him? :wink:


Could just as easily be a red box (or later!).  Never trust a newbie using the word "original" to describe D&D.

 YIM  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:12 am 
 





Here is some chainmail to go along with your sword:



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 20824&rd=1



All you need now is a sheild, a torch, and some iron rations and your ready for your first adventure. 8O


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:14 am 
 

deimos3428 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Newbie Seller with a very undescribed early OD&D box set:



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true



Could it be a Woody? Located in Manchester, New Hampshire. I wonder if Frank knows him? :wink:


Could just as easily be a red box (or later!). Never trust a newbie using the word "original" to describe D&D.




Its possible, but it lists the year as 1976. And he lists "pamphlets", not books, which would lead me to think of him interpreting the smaller books as pamphlets :?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:27 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Newbie Seller with a very undescribed early OD&D box set:



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true



Could it be a Woody? Located in Manchester, New Hampshire. I wonder if Frank knows him? :wink:


Could just as easily be a red box (or later!). Never trust a newbie using the word "original" to describe D&D.




Its possible, but it lists the year as 1976. And he lists "pamphlets", not books, which would lead me to think of him interprting the smaller books as pamphlets :?


Well, all three of them together makes it plausible, and worth flagging, but there are a lot of very confused sellers out there.  I certainly wouldn't bid without several solid pictures.  Of course, having said that, it might be in your best interest to spectulate and pick it up cheap for $4.  That's the only way I'll ever be able to afford a woodgrain set. ;)

 YIM  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:39 am 
 

deimos3428 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Newbie Seller with a very undescribed early OD&D box set:



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true



Could it be a Woody? Located in Manchester, New Hampshire. I wonder if Frank knows him? :wink:


Could just as easily be a red box (or later!). Never trust a newbie using the word "original" to describe D&D.




Its possible, but it lists the year as 1976. And he lists "pamphlets", not books, which would lead me to think of him interprting the smaller books as pamphlets :?


Well, all three of them together makes it plausible, and worth flagging, but there are a lot of very confused sellers out there. I certainly wouldn't bid without several solid pictures. Of course, having said that, it might be in your best interest to spectulate and pick it up cheap for $4. That's the only way I'll ever be able to afford a woodgrain set. ;)


Funny how I can almost hear the frantic tapping of keys in the background as everyone emails the seller with requests for images in an attempt to establish exactly what this is.  If it is something worthy, how long do you reckon it will be before the seller cottons on and pulls the auction, only to relist it in glorious technicolour.



Got to go, emails to send to *cough* friends.  You know, catching up and stuff.  :oops:

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:40 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:




Here is a chainmail to go along with your sword:



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 20824&rd=1



All you need now is a sheild, a torch, and some iron rations and your ready for your first adventure. 8O




ehy i wonder what the shipping to the UK would be for that suit then :D

wonder if he would send it m-bag? :D



  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:19 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Newbie Seller with a very undescribed early OD&D box set:



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true



Could it be a Woody? Located in Manchester, New Hampshire. I wonder if Frank knows him? :wink:




Well, looks like the mystey is solved. Its just a blue basic set :evil: . Looks like Aneoth's question got both a response and a picture listed now. It is okay to now start bidding again on all those other items that everyone wanted, because no one has to save up any more to try to take a run at the possible "woody". :wink:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Active Collector

Posts: 41
Joined: Feb 21, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 23, 2005
Location: Portland, OR

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:26 pm 
 

A question for all you experts:



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT



How can you tell the condition of the books from a picture like this?

Does it require emailing the seller ad nauseum with questions or requests for better pics?

As a soon to be seller of my OCE I am curious. Especially after reading your comments back and forth about knowing or not knowing the seller. I have not been using ebay long enough to have racked up hundreds of positive feedbacks (although the few I have are all good) and was considering using scans instead of pics for the books (they are thin enough to fit in my scanner (I think). Any help would be much appreciated.


Scouts out!

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:35 pm 
 

cavscout761 wrote:A question for all you experts:



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT



How can you tell the condition of the books from a picture like this?

Does it require emailing the seller ad nauseum with questions or requests for better pics?

As a soon to be seller of my OCE I am curious. Especially after reading your comments back and forth about knowing or not knowing the seller. I have not been using ebay long enough to have racked up hundreds of positive feedbacks (although the few I have are all good) and was considering using scans instead of pics for the books (they are thin enough to fit in my scanner (I think). Any help would be much appreciated.




Well for one thing, that is not an OCE. it has to be a 4th or 5th print set. As far as the condition goes, everything in the picture provided looks pretty damn good. But, if you are not happy with the clarity of the picture, probably the best thing to do is to email the seller and see if you can get him to send you more pictures that are closer up and clearer. One of the biggest problems for sellers on EBay, is that Ebay charges you more for each extra picture that you post.  :evil:  So unless you get a hosting service for your pictures you are very limited in what you can do without costing yourself a ton of extra money. More times than not you will find that a seller will be happy to send you more pictures by email, particuarly because its free to send them to you by email.  :D


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:56 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:
cavscout761 wrote:A question for all you experts:



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT



How can you tell the condition of the books from a picture like this?





Well for one thing, that is not an OCE.


Looks like a star on the box to me.



Yeah, impossible to check condition. Just "looks good" is not overly helpful.

(Still better than a cropped scan hiding a fault, though).



=



http://www.photobucket.com/ permits up to 250kb per pic, free of charge.

Or, for "one-offs", try http://tinypic.com/ from the same people. (Is what was used for the former of the two recent ST1s).

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 22 of 100123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 9899100