Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 21 of 111123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:43 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Of course it goes in Roleplaying. Helps when you play Doctor. I operated a lot on one of my neighbors' sisters when I was a lad.
:twisted:

EXACTLY!!!

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:57 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Of course it goes in Roleplaying. Helps when you play Doctor. I operated a lot on one of my neighbors' sisters when I was a lad.

was her name maxwell?  8O

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:45 pm 

AND YET MORE ROLEPLAYING ACCESSORIES :twisted:  8O

Listed in category:    Toys & Hobbies > Games > Role Playing > Other

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 08243&rd=1

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:52 pm 

Though Maxwell does exhibit many female tendencies (tantrums), her name was different.

Actually, she ended up becoming a slut, then gained 200 pounds and turned to the Dark Side.

She used to play D&D with us when we first started. She was actually pretty good. Very smart, good at figuring things out.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:34 pm 

You guys are not going to believe this one.

Ships ONLY to the UK!!  :? 8O  :evil:  :roll:  :(  :cry:

8O  YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8O

Sorry I was going through all kinds of emotions when I read that notice on the listing. Read below and see the Link to better understand why....

Take a close look at some of the loose items in the red folder

"A folder full of home made adventures, maps and manuscripts"

and check out the lower right picture showing a yellowish colored item in particular!!

(loose photocopied pages in a ziplock bag)   he says.... :lol:  :lol:

Can it be the real thing?!?!  8O Is that what I think it is, or is it as stated, simply a photocopy? :?:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... Track=true

There are several other rare and tasty morsels as well.

Lot also includes a nice looking White Dwarf 2, a White Dwarf 6, a Coverless Jade Hare, and a Tegal Manor!! :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

This one is going to get ugly, if he decides to ship outside the UK.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:07 pm 

Aneoth wrote:You guys are not going to believe this one.

Ships ONLY to the UK!! :? 8O :evil: :roll: :( :cry:

8O YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8O

Sorry I was going through all kinds of emotions when I read that notice on the listing. Read below and see the Link to better understand why....

Take a close look at some of the loose items in the red folder

"A folder full of home made adventures, maps and manuscripts"

and check out the lower right picture showing a yellowish colored item in particular!!

(loose photocopied pages in a ziplock bag)  he says.... :lol: :lol:

Can it be the real thing?!?! 8O Is that what I think it is, or is it as stated, simply a photocopy? :?:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... Track=true

There are several other rare and tasty morsels as well.

Lot also includes a nice looking White Dwarf 2, a White Dwarf 6, a Coverless Jade Hare, and a Tegal Manor!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil:

This one is going to get ugly, if he decides to ship outside the UK.

That guy has 1 feedback rating ... after all the questions, I guarantee you he renegs on the auction and takes better stock of what he's got.  That PotVQ copy looks authentic to me - I mean, if you were going to just photocopy a module from your friend, why would you bother to copy it on the same color paper (for the cover at least)?  Unless, of course, this is an "inside job" by somebody who wants to generate a big paying scam.

Stealing from D&D nerds - now there's some bad karma for you, heh.

WWW ICQ  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:24 pm 

beermotor wrote:That PotVQ copy looks authentic to me - I mean, if you were going to just photocopy a module from your friend, why would you bother to copy it on the same color paper (for the cover at least)? Unless, of course, this is an "inside job" by somebody who wants to generate a big paying scam.

Ah... the board's spotted 'em... (surprise :roll:)

I've been emailing the seller to-and-fro and they insist they're photocopies. (A very dangerous one on the PotVQ, if so...).

Worse; because so many people have been pestering, they're thinking of stopping and splitting the auction up into smaller lots.

(One thing having questionable "reference/zero-value" material within a batch; another thing entirely if that's a whole auction...).

Anyone else in touch?

=

The WD#2 is a reprint, btw, <Aneoth> ;)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:30 pm 

The guy also seems to be emphasizing that these are home-made and of no value.  Wonder what that could mean?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:31 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
beermotor wrote:That PotVQ copy looks authentic to me - I mean, if you were going to just photocopy a module from your friend, why would you bother to copy it on the same color paper (for the cover at least)? Unless, of course, this is an "inside job" by somebody who wants to generate a big paying scam.

I've been emailing the seller to-and-fro and they insist they're photocopies. (A very dangerous one on the PotVQ, if so...).

Worse; because so many people have been pestering, they're thinking of stopping and splitting the auction up into smaller lots.

(One thing having questionable "reference/zero-value" material within a batch; another thing entirely if that's a whole auction...).

Anyone else in touch?

=

I just posted my shipping to the USA question to the seller and started watching this auction. Fairly interested in these, be they photocopies or not.

The Wraith - [email protected]

Yin & Yang Productions on eBay:
http://myworld.ebay.com/yinyangpro

WWW ICQ YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:35 pm 

For you serious collectors:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 67121&rd=1

Scouts out!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:44 pm 

The Wraith wrote:I just posted my shipping to the USA question to the seller and started watching this auction.

This is great from a spectator standpoint. This listing is changing every 10 minutes ... :)

The guy now claims he's received 28 questions in a 20-hour span (I'm guessing more than half are from Acaeum users). He's also changed his feedback from private to public.

I'll add another question: could this guy actually be selling this lot short? In other words, is some of that stuff really good and he just doesn't know it? I don't collect/chase "the rares" myself, so I'm pretty much in the dark on anything beyond T1-4 or GDQ1-7 ...

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:45 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Anyone else in touch?

Oh yes. The usual question. :wink:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:46 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:The guy also seems to be emphasizing that these are home-made and of no value. Wonder what that could mean?

Are you getting something along the lines of

"The White Dwarf issues 2 and 6 are definately original. They are printed on glossy paper. The items listed in the home made section are all home made. They are photocopies with coloured card covers."?

I did ask them to go into further detail, but was more of the same.

(And they noted my point about #2 being a reprint. *g*).

The Wraith wrote:Fairly interested in these, be they photocopies or not.

You gonna rubber-stamp "forgery/for reference only" on the pages? ;)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:47 pm 

i was in touch with the guy within a short time of him listing it....

this should be a fun one to watch unfolding over the next 9 days :)

harami2000 wrote:

Anyone else in touch?

=

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:49 pm 

Anyway, now that its out in the open, lets get things started. :twisted:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:53 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:The guy now claims he's received 28 questions in a 20-hour span (I'm guessing more than half are from Acaeum users). He's also changed his feedback from private to public.

Well, that's five from here, for a start... The view count was only on about 20-odds after the fifth question so it looks like everyone else has just piled in. Oh fun!

I like the "Some of them quite strange and some of them very useful" comment.

Xaxaxe wrote:I'll add another question: could this guy actually be selling this lot short? In other words, is some of that stuff really good and he just doesn't know it?

They recognise a WD #2 and a shrinkwrap G2, but it's a strange mixed bag indeed...

Well, and now they've posted "Please note that the photocopied materials are of no commercial value, and are just surplus gaming materials. I will see if I can add aditional closer photos to the auction.".

Which, at least, is better than suddenly deciding the PotVQ is genuine without any further reason, IMO!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:04 pm 

well lets get things warmed up a little....  :P

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:10 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:well lets get things warmed up a little.... :P

Why the rush? Careful you don't end up with a photocopied "Jade Hare", too! :twisted:

Anyone got a clue what those stapled sheets are in the eighth picture?

Or the sheets under the photocopied "Manual of Aurania" (which looks the clearest-cut, perhaps?).

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 21 of 111123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 109110111