Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 14 of 111123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:17 am 

Well now that this one has been clearly outed, I might as well show everyone else who hasn't seen them yet:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEWA:IT

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:20 am 

bclarkie wrote:Well now that this one has been clearly outed, I might as well show everyone else who hasn't seen them yet:

Hehe.  I see you're using my new collecting strategy:  Let Aneoth finish his collection, then bid on what's left.  :wink:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:26 am 

deimos3428 wrote:Hehe. I see you're using my new collecting strategy: Let Aneoth finish his collection, then bid on what's left. :wink:

lol :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:58 am 

bclarkie wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:Hehe. I see you're using my new collecting strategy: Let Aneoth finish his collection, then bid on what's left. :wink:

lol :lol:

Well, I gotta warn you, that if you wait till I finish my collection, you may be in for a long wait. Since I have only just begun my meager collection.
That's why I bid on so many things. Because I have so little.......... :(

Or, you could use harami's strategy of sniping what he want's from me at the last second. (And you other snipers too, you know who you are...) He is a winner against me via sniping more times than not.....
I have yet to use sniping software.... which is likely a big help to other bidders I am sure.... :wink:

But, I am seriously thinking of getting one, and especially that Auction Sieve deal.

The minis and other stuff that I do not collect tend to clog up surfing time, by looking past stuff that I have no interest in. Other items include dice listings. :roll: Something else that I do not collect and have no interest in starting either, and there are Gazillions of other listings for items like those on E-Bay all the time.... :roll:

I know many members here collect that other stuff, and I have no problems with that. In fact (Puts on the ESP and Mind Control Helmet)You should all collect them. They are wonderful!!!
Spend ALL of your money on them! Do not worry, you have plenty of money to toss at minis.......

Yes, indeed...... my master plan will leave you low on funds... lol :) And leave More stuff for me to get.... :twisted:

BTW: What IS the best sniping and sieve software out there? I could really use some help freeing up some surfing time to look for the few items I do want, rather than sifting through the gobs of stuff that I am not interested in.... 8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:49 pm 

Aneoth wrote:Or, you could use harami's strategy of sniping what he want's from me at the last second. (And you other snipers too, you know who you are...) He is a winner against me via sniping more times than not.....
I have yet to use sniping software.... which is likely a big help to other bidders I am sure.... :wink:

Thanks ;)
No, it probably costs all bidders money. Especially when you go in very heavy at the start.
(And it waves neon lights at people if you've really found a sleeper...).

Aneoth wrote:Yes, indeed...... my master plan will leave you low on funds... lol :) And leave More stuff for me to get.... :twisted:

*g*. Easier done than said!

Aneoth wrote:BTW: What IS the best sniping and sieve software out there?

I thought there was only one sieve, but I just throw in a handful of manual searches. Misses loads of stuff, though. *shrugs*.
Sniping tools. Dunno about comparisons, but per resp. to <killjoy>, http://www.esnipe.com = 14 day free trial. Throw in a lowball snipe to mark and review a day or two before the end of auction. Works fairly well, IMHO. Saves more than 1% cost, I'm sure.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:16 pm 

OD&D set 4th- (ignore what The Acaeum listing says about "Yet another hybrid". It's not... will eventually post again on the OCE thread... haven't yet scanned the other two pics I intended to...)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5168381873
(don't know about the reserve); just under 6 days. *points to unfortunate tape*. Nice lizard Greyhawk and presumably same for the Blackmoor, though.
(seller also has a bashed OCE and a much better white-box Tractics)

Dragons #27, 31, 34, 35, 38, etc., small stack on Dungeoneers (looks like the "bargain pack"), a few other bits...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5167886909
still at opening price of $15 with >4 days to go
(Think something needs to be done 'bout the shipping cost, though!)
... Ditto re. shipping for this interesting little CSIO lot (later generally, but some fairly decent stuff on the back line)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5168232642
$35 opening bid with 5+ days to go

UK sales of Dragons #3 & 4
eBay listings
Not the best, but worth mentioning phps...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:27 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Well now that this one has been clearly outed, I might as well show everyone else who hasn't seen them yet:

I should bid on that.  I've got a wilderness crawl planned and I need some hexgrid paper to map things out with beforehand.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:30 pm 

DungeonDelver wrote:

I should bid on that. I've got a wilderness crawl planned and I need some hexgrid paper to map things out with beforehand.

8O  :?:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:37 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
DungeonDelver wrote:
I should bid on that. I've got a wilderness crawl planned and I need some hexgrid paper to map things out with beforehand.

8O :?:

What?

I need blank hexpaper, I'm going to bid on that, get it, and use it for what it's intended for.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:44 pm 

DungeonDelver wrote:What?

I need blank hexpaper, I'm going to bid on that, get it, and use it for what it's intended for.

Sure, and I'll be using the crayons provided in the basic set to color in the pictures of first print hardcovers and rare modules.  :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:10 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
DungeonDelver wrote:What?

Sure, and I'll be using the crayons provided in the basic set to color in the pictures of first print hardcovers and rare modules. :wink:

See, that's just crazy talk.

The crayons didn't come in enough colors to do a good job.  You'll want to get a full box of Crayolas first, and supplement with the ones from the D&D box.

:D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:54 pm 

Hmmm. That is not a bad idea. I might color in the griffin on my Ghost Tower, electric blue perhaps. Or better yet, I'll just turn over my den to my 3 year old and hand him a box of magic markers. He's already had tons of practice on the walls.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:20 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Hmmm. That is not a bad idea. I might color in the griffin on my Ghost Tower, electric blue perhaps. Or better yet, I'll just turn over my den to my 3 year old and hand him a box of magic markers. He's already had tons of practice on the walls.

See now there is an excellent idea, I always thought that those damn rare monos needed more color. :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:10 pm 

Actually, I could use the pages to make paper mache figurines.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:08 am 

I have a load of GW hex paper as loose sheets. I don't recall if it came in a pad, or it came as a pack of 50 loose sheets, but I still use it. I don't have the cover sheet anyhow. I don't imagine loose sheets of hex paper are worth anything.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:17 am 

OD&D booklets. No box. UK.  £10 start. Ships to Europe.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... Track=true

£20-£25? With a following wind.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:39 am 

johnhuck wrote:OD&D booklets. No box. UK. £10 start. Ships to Europe.

No box, loose inner pages and old tape repair damage inside 2 books, one has markings, and Ships only to the UK and Europe .......
Not high priced yet though, may be a good buy for someone who has yet to obtain a set for reading purposes, especially if they are also located in the UK.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:49 am 

Aneoth wrote:
johnhuck wrote:OD&D booklets. No box. UK. £10 start. Ships to Europe.

No box, loose inner pages and old tape repair damage inside 2 books, one has markings, and Ships only to the UK and Europe .......
Not high priced yet though, may be a good buy for someone who has yet to obtain a set for reading purposes, especially if they are also located in the UK.

think i would rather buy the space hulk stuff - more value for money :D

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 14 of 111123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 109110111