Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 13 of 111123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:01 pm 

Ralf Toth wrote: "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Thanks, Hunter, for everything.

Totally off topic, but Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was one of the strangest, funniest, and F*ed up movies that I ever saw.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:23 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
johnhuck wrote:I'm sure this has already been posted. But what a great way to get a huge set of WD's in binders. Current price would probably buy WD1-3 alone.

Actually, it hadn't.

£191 for #1-3? With or without a degree of (presumed) spine damage? Or the interesting back cover of #1, where a fair percentage of the money is? That image of the first volume standing spread open is kinda painful, knowing what the lower binding block of the folders is like and how tight the threads are.
£100 would hopefully be closer the mark for those...

(Oh, throw away the folders and save £10 on p&p, too ;))

Is also about the same price I paid for a long run (first 70 or so) in order to fill the few missing gaps. Hey, I got fed up waiting! (as I wrote in my ad...).

OK, a bit of artistic license on WD1-3. Maybe if "truly mint". :wink:

But some great D&D history amongst those pages.

And how could you advocate throwing away those folders 8O . They used to sell for £15 each. Although I haven't seen prices like that for a while. And they don't actually do a good job (certainly didn't in this case).

Contemplated a bid to pick up some originals to replace reprints. Or more likely supplement the reprints. But too much effort to get rid of the surplus. And who wants the later WDs anyway?

But still a nice way to pick up such a large original set in my opinion.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:43 pm 

Speaking of large lots with expensive shipping... whatever happened to the big lot of 65 mags from isoldit? I went to check on the auction to see where it ended up and it's invalid. Did someone make a big off-ebay offer, or was it cancelled by ebay for some reason?

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 3&rd=1

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:49 pm 

mdr003 wrote:Speaking of large lots with expensive shipping... whatever happened to the big lot of 65 mags from isoldit? I went to check on the auction to see where it ended up and it's invalid. Did someone make a big off-ebay offer, or was it cancelled by ebay for some reason?

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 3&rd=1

No, I think you have a bad link thats all. Here it is:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEWA:IT

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:14 pm 

Ralf Toth wrote:
Kosh Vorlontay wrote:Interesting product from Dave Arneson:
cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 8&rd=1

It went for $12.50. I don't know if that's good or bad, considering the condition it is in. What is the going price for this product?

I just got one in VG+ condition at DunDraCon for $5....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:41 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=44114

Sealed Hex sheets.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:54 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 959285&ssP ageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Nope, the one I was looking for was 65 mags, with SpaceGamer issues #2-14 in it. Confusing I know with the amount of auctions isoldit is running.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:05 pm 

mdr003 wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 959285&ssP ageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Nope, the one I was looking for was 65 mags, with SpaceGamer issues #2-14 in it. Confusing I know with the amount of auctions isoldit is running.

Okay, How about this one? :D

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:39 pm 

That's the one... thanks for that.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:41 pm 

bclarkie wrote:There is a Lost Tamoachan up:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 9&rd=1

Granted it has a $2000.00 opening bid 8O , but if someone looking to spend crazy money, then there it is.

Not sure if we should keep this here or move it to the laughable thread...and I'm not even talking about the price.  Check out the comments section.  :lol:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:20 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:There is a Lost Tamoachan up:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 9&rd=1

Granted it has a $2000.00 opening bid 8O , but if someone looking to spend crazy money, then there it is.

Not sure if we should keep this here or move it to the laughable thread...and I'm not even talking about the price. Check out the comments section. :lol:

I know, I saw that too.  :lol:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:58 am 

1st Printing Player's Handbook, a little battered. BIN for $29.99.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 45565&rd=1

Seller has more 1E hardcovers (in nice condition).

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:08 am 

johnhuck wrote:

Contemplated a bid to pick up some originals to replace reprints. Or more likely supplement the reprints. But too much effort to get rid of the surplus. And who wants the later WDs anyway?

But still a nice way to pick up such a large original set in my opinion.

There was a larger lot (first 280 issues) which went recently for a bit less (for obvious reasons):
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 08717&rd=1

Actually I like the later issues - up until about issue 100 WD was great, after that... :roll:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:27 am 

The WD auction now has a -1 rated bidder pushing things along.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5957501454
:x

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:17 am 

Well now that this one has been clearly outed, I might as well show everyone else who hasn't seen them yet:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:20 am 

bclarkie wrote:Well now that this one has been clearly outed, I might as well show everyone else who hasn't seen them yet:

Hehe.  I see you're using my new collecting strategy:  Let Aneoth finish his collection, then bid on what's left.  :wink:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:26 am 

deimos3428 wrote:Hehe. I see you're using my new collecting strategy: Let Aneoth finish his collection, then bid on what's left. :wink:

lol :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:58 am 

bclarkie wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:Hehe. I see you're using my new collecting strategy: Let Aneoth finish his collection, then bid on what's left. :wink:

lol :lol:

Well, I gotta warn you, that if you wait till I finish my collection, you may be in for a long wait. Since I have only just begun my meager collection.
That's why I bid on so many things. Because I have so little.......... :(

Or, you could use harami's strategy of sniping what he want's from me at the last second. (And you other snipers too, you know who you are...) He is a winner against me via sniping more times than not.....
I have yet to use sniping software.... which is likely a big help to other bidders I am sure.... :wink:

But, I am seriously thinking of getting one, and especially that Auction Sieve deal.

The minis and other stuff that I do not collect tend to clog up surfing time, by looking past stuff that I have no interest in. Other items include dice listings. :roll: Something else that I do not collect and have no interest in starting either, and there are Gazillions of other listings for items like those on E-Bay all the time.... :roll:

I know many members here collect that other stuff, and I have no problems with that. In fact (Puts on the ESP and Mind Control Helmet)You should all collect them. They are wonderful!!!
Spend ALL of your money on them! Do not worry, you have plenty of money to toss at minis.......

Yes, indeed...... my master plan will leave you low on funds... lol :) And leave More stuff for me to get.... :twisted:

BTW: What IS the best sniping and sieve software out there? I could really use some help freeing up some surfing time to look for the few items I do want, rather than sifting through the gobs of stuff that I am not interested in.... 8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 13 of 111123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 109110111