Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 111 of 111123 ... 107, 108, 109, 110111
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:44 pm 

So, a copy of the 25th anniversary set just sold for $88 on eBay. I was one of the unsiccessful bidders. I was just contacted with a "second chance offer" by the seller, as he has another copy to sell. He's offering it to me at $87.

Is this a fair price? I'm guessing not, as I'm probably not the type to leave it shrinkwrapped, as I'd like to read the history and L3. I'd never break it up and sell it, but I like to read this stuff and wouldn't be buying it totally as an "investment".

Any info is appreciated.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:48 pm 

Kastegir wrote:So, a copy of the 25th anniversary set just sold for $88 on eBay. I was one of the unsiccessful bidders. I was just contacted with a "second chance offer" by the seller, as he has another copy to sell. He's offering it to me at $87.

Is this a fair price? I'm guessing not, as I'm probably not the type to leave it shrinkwrapped, as I'd like to read the history and L3. I'd never break it up and sell it, but I like to read this stuff and wouldn't be buying it totally as an "investment".

Any info is appreciated.

hey chummer. i have seen them go for less than that and more than that. depends on who is bidding at the time and how many peeps want one. i paid almost that for an L3 on its own once  :oops: but you live and learn (yes david you can get a dig in if you need to :D) but since then i have bought box sets complete for less as well, so kinda balances out in the end for me.

i would say it aint a "bad" price to get one for, but if you are prepared to be patient, you could prb get one for less if you wanted to chance it.

Al

ps. i think L3 sucks eggs anyway :) its not bad, just not that great either.

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:56 pm 

Kastegir wrote:So, a copy of the 25th anniversary set just sold for $88 on eBay. I was one of the unsiccessful bidders. I was just contacted with a "second chance offer" by the seller, as he has another copy to sell. He's offering it to me at $87.

Any info is appreciated.

This is totally speculation, and I don't mean to smear the seller in any way, but didn't he just sell his "other" set a few days ago for $56, perhaps to bclarkie? How many sets does this guy have? What's going on here? Starting to sound odd to me.

edited to add: sorry, it was $62, but it was bclarkie:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

And for those of you not completely upset with creep1962 yet, try this on for size:

cgi.ebay.com/TSR-Silver-Anniversary-box ... dZViewItem

8O :evil:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:00 pm 

Achizar wrote:
This is totally speculation, and I don't mean to smear the seller in any way, but didn't he just sell his "other" set a few days ago for $56, perhaps to bclarkie? How many sets does this guy have? What's going on here? Starting to sound odd to me.

well i have four sets so its quite possible that others have more?

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:02 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
Achizar wrote:

well i have four sets so its quite possible that others have more?

The impression I had from his listings and photo (which showed two boxes) was that he only had the two boxes.  But then one was exploded to show contents and both auctions were apparently for SW boxes, so maybe he had at least three.

This is why I said it was just speculation.  He may have three and once he saw how much he got for the first two, decided to offer the 3rd.  He may have 30 for all I know, it's true.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:54 pm 

Achizar wrote:This is why I said it was just speculation. He may have three and once he saw how much he got for the first two, decided to offer the 3rd. He may have 30 for all I know, it's true.

Seller has/had a few sets: seems genuine enough to me and know he lurks here occasionally. *waves*

The $62 sale didn't end prime-time and slipped past a few other people, I suspect.

=

@Kastegir: IMO $87 isn't an unfair price, but do you want to read the books? If so, finding an opened set may take some patience and is still not likely to cost much less than $65-70. The current Acaeum valuation of $42 is now somewhat optimistic now, alas.

Indeed a slightly dented, opened set recently fetched $91; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5228287632

Achizar wrote:And for those of you not completely upset with creep1962 yet, try this on for size:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TSR-Silver-Annivers ... ors-ed-AD- D_W0QQitemZ5227734563QQcategoryZ44112QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZView Item

I advertised that one on the "interesting items" list and there was negative interest! Took days to shift...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:14 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Seller has/had a few sets: seems genuine enough to me and know he lurks here occasionally. *waves*

Ok, good enough for me.  My raised eyebrow is now back to its regular position.

Geez, you're right-- that box lasted 6 days.  8O  I already have a set (which I paid considerably more for when prices spiked this winter  :roll: ), but wouldn't mind another, especially at that price.  I usually keep an eye on the interesting items thread, must have glossed right over it.  *sigh*

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:19 pm 

Achizar wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Seller has/had a few sets: seems genuine enough to me and know he lurks here occasionally. *waves*

Geez, you're right-- that box lasted 6 days. 8O I already have a set (which I paid considerably more for when prices spiked this winter :roll: ), but wouldn't mind another, especially at that price. I usually keep an eye on the interesting items thread, must have glossed right over it. *sigh*

If you read a little into it, it's not that great of a deal, since it was missing the DDD and the Story of TSR.  The other contents are more easily obtained individually anyhow.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:28 pm 

harami2000 wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TSR-Silver-Annivers ... ors-ed-AD- D_W0QQitemZ5227734563QQcategoryZ44112QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZView Item

I advertised that one on the "interesting items" list and there was negative interest! Took days to shift...[/quote]

i didnt see that post or would have snapped it up

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:40 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:
Achizar wrote:

Geez, you're right-- that box lasted 6 days. 8O I already have a set (which I paid considerably more for when prices spiked this winter :roll: ), but wouldn't mind another, especially at that price. I usually keep an eye on the interesting items thread, must have glossed right over it. *sigh*

If you read a little into it, it's not that great of a deal, since it was missing the DDD and the Story of TSR. The other contents are more easily obtained individually anyhow.

Ahhh, ok.  Makes more sense now.  I'm really one for reading the fine print today, aren't I?  :wink:  :roll:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:42 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:i didnt see that post or would have snapped it up

Interesting Items Formerly on eBay • Page 94 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum

(The auction description turned people way off... I still thought it was a sensible price for a pretty module holder ;)).

=

Anyone still up for that "Dragons of Desolation" copy?

No further information beyond what the seller had sent me previously but still a good price per square inch regardless of copyright issues (*cough*).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 7538332333

$52 with 3 1/2 hours to go

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:43 pm 

Achizar wrote:Ahhh, ok. Makes more sense now. I'm really one for reading the fine print today, aren't I? :wink: :roll:

Seems like you're not the only one. :D

Wonder whether <creep1962> did or not. Suspect so.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:35 pm 

Achizar wrote:And for those of you not completely upset with creep1962 yet, try this on for size:

cgi.ebay.com/TSR-Silver-Anniversary-box ... dZViewItem

8O :evil:

Creep1962 is my worst nightmare...an indiscriminate bidder with an unlimited supply of cash.  On the other hand, this may be time to break down and sell some stuff.  :twisted:

YIM  

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:49 pm 

This thread has been locked due to its size (slows the forum down).  A new thread has been started and made sticky.

Foul

Previous
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 111 of 111123 ... 107, 108, 109, 110111