Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 12 of 111123 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:36 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Out of interest, how high were you willing to go?

I went in at $444.66... 'Input Error' :evil:  :(
Would be interested in your 'spare copy' of Star Stone. Is it complete?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:39 pm 

Brytag17 wrote:Just one last post to those of you who have bid on my auctions and frequent this site, I have placed new pictures and details on ALL of my auctions and ALL of my items, and this should address any concerns and eliminate any doubts you may have after reading some of the posts here, and I invite you to continue bidding if you wish. However, no more bids will be accepted from "Ralf Toth," or "Deadlord36." Any bids from them will be cancelled.

I have more items that I will be putting up for bid soon, however I have decided to wait until after I have received feedback for some of my auctions that are up presently before listing any new ones. I apologize for the delay, but will be sending out the items to the winners of my current auctions very quickly. I will also consider relisting The Ghost Tower of Inverness in the future as well.
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!!!  I wonder if he REALLY  has all of Deadlord's numerous accounts blocked!!!!!! Hmmmmm......if I remember right...the Deadlord36 account only bids on women's panties!!!! :oops: Frank?  You hurt by him?  LOL! :wink:

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:10 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Out of interest, how high were you willing to go?

I went in at $444.66... 'Input Error' :evil: :(

Good grief!

Be careful with that wallet, please.
OK, A Somewhat Perplexing Auction Now on Ebay... still takes some beating, but that's a deadly serious price for a $180-200 item.
$20-40 high is a fair wager, IMO. $250 high, however...
You might get offers with that.

Luckily, though, no-one around here is gonna be deliberately bidding you up on other auctions you might take a liking to.

mbassoc2003 wrote:Would be interested in your 'spare copy' of Star Stone. Is it complete?

Erm, sorry Ian, but first-and-foremost the catch word is .pdf... :( :(

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:16 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Oh and BTW, I don't know how you all missed this GEM :lol:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5&rd=1

Everyone must have been mezmorized by my great bidding prowess!!! :wink:

"AD&D Magic Encyclopedia Vol.2 still SEALED!" for $1.

Erm, sorry. I don't know what it is... but I guess congratulations are in order! :P

You don't normally get much for a dollar, even fishing through the dregs of eBay.
Snuffling around, that looks like a $20-25 item, no?

Haven't had many dollar "bargains" for some time. Was 29 cents more for a first print "High Fantasy", fwiw.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5954861723

*Cheers*
David.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:19 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Luckily, though, no-one around here is gonna be deliberately bidding you up on other auctions you might take a liking to.

I've started doing most of my bidding on the snipe now.

Do you mean you don't like me making PDFs of everything I get?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:26 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Luckily, though, no-one around here is gonna be deliberately bidding you up on other auctions you might take a liking to.

I've started doing most of my bidding on the snipe now.

Doesn't actually matter that much. Is fairly obvious what you'll be piling in the dollars on.

(With any luck if someone ever that trick and you're not bidding, there will be another person doing to same!
Has happened before and would be amusing to see someone pay $150 for a non-mint 2nd print Eldritch! :lol:).

mbassoc2003 wrote:

Do you mean you don't like me making PDFs of everything I get?

Not something I'm going to willingly participate in.
(Is that as diplomatic as I can make it?).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:30 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Not something I'm going to willingly participate in.
(Is that as diplomatic as I can make it?).

I don't distribute. It's a personal collection thing. I keep key items, but not stuff like the common JG mods, Dungeon, White Dwarf etc. Burnies stuff won't be scanned. Got to be very careful wih those spines.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:39 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
harami2000 wrote:
Think the "Burnie effect" helped a bit, but the others didn't "fly away" at the end considering it was almost neck-and-neck to the finish post...

I totally agree on the burnie effect, even on the more common items:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0&rd=1
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 6&rd=1
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 4&rd=1
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0&rd=1

And
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 7&rd=1.

The last one, the N4, I bought like 6 weeks ago, in the same condition or better also in shrink, and I OVERPAID and still it was only $25.00 8O

Hmm... same names cropping up again-and-again it seems, whether on condition or cachet.
(Wouldn't complain if <keepontheborderlands> won more of them!).

Must admit I haven't been following those auctions that well... Presume the overall balance sheet must still be in profit given the better realisations??

For those other OD&D 1st print supplements the prices were only about "normal" (or just over) compared with the end of last year, but still rather better than a few others, recently.

I wonder whether Burnie Bros might consider charging commission as an auction agent? ;)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:37 pm 

I am wounded. Now I have to trash my account and create another, just to be able to bid on his stuff! Wait a minute, I have all of that.......
$420 for a NM 1st print Dwarven Glory...... That is easily $200 low. It would get AT LEAST $600. Even a somewhat beat copy would get $400-500.
Oh, btw:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 69746&rd=1

Didn't you guys notice this Burnie winner is the "Warrior of Mars" guy who was selling because of financial difficulties? Things must have improved. I can't wait till he tries to resell it.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:44 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Didn't you guys notice this Burnie winner is the "Warrior of Mars" guy who was selling because of financial difficulties? Things must have improved. I can't wait till he tries to resell it.

Yup. *points above*

harami2000 wrote:(Wouldn't complain if <keepontheborderlands> won more of them!).

Would be a shame that, no....?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:52 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:$420 for a NM 1st print Dwarven Glory...... That is easily $200 low. It would get AT LEAST $600. Even a somewhat beat copy would get $400-500.

Just like the PotVQ dropped $100 for no especially good reason so I felt I could bid on the basis of the old price and still have a chance...

Distinctly narked at the way those changes weren't advertised in advance and it's only due to grabbing the old figures from the Google cache asap that I could see the actual alterations to the valuations.
(The Valuation Board, of course, have full access to the old figures, I presume).

And some of those which claim no alteration have actually gone up or down... and some that say they've gone down have actually gone up, or vice versa... IIRC.
Mebbe I should write up a comparison list, as I was thinking to do; since none is supplied.

And yes, the drop to $420 for a NM 1st Dwarven is a laugh.
Certainly won't encourage anyone to sell their copy(ies) off-eBay, either. Potential for stagnation, too, if people feel "forced" to hold on.
The next one to appear should blow some of that away, though.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:56 pm 

Tsojconth should not be valuated as much as Tamo or Ghost. It has never gotten the same prices.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:13 am 

UK Softcover 3rd MM, slight water damage, laminated too, 7+ hours left:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:23 am 

grodog wrote:UK Softcover 3rd MM, slight water damage, laminated too, 7+ hours left:

I have said this before.

IMO at least in most cases, Laminating effectively ends the collectability of an individual item. As it is no longer in it's original state. Of course for truly rare items, it may only degrade the item a notch or two from the condition it would be in without the laminating. And of course some do not care, and may even prefer laminating in some cases. I like to laminate my Social Security card and my emergency phone numbers. Makes the papers last a lot longer in my wallet.....

In the instance of the item listed above, the condition of the book in the pictures makes this one a nice copy otherwise. The water damage the seller writes of appears to be minimal (Of course it may well be more extensive than can be seen in pictures). Laminating however, removes this copy from collectability. From that point forward, the item is good as a reference book only, and for the original intended purpose; in this case as a playing copy of the UK Monster Manual.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:09 am 

Newbie Seller with some earlier (pre-50)dragons for sale:

eBay listings

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:16 am 

grodog wrote:UK Softcover 3rd MM, slight water damage, laminated too, 7+ hours left:

Are we even sure that the cover was actually laminated. According to the foriegn edition print listing here it states that:

Cover finish is either matted, or glossy (almost laminated) -- both versions reported

Its a shame I didnt see that Ebay listing before, I might have considered buying it  :(

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:30 am 

bclarkie wrote:Its a shame I didnt see that Ebay listing before, I might have considered buying it :(

i saw that one too and considered it for all of oooh 5 seconds :)

would rather get one in better condition personally  :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:25 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Newbie Seller with some earlier (pre-50)dragons for sale:

eBay listings

Word of warning to would be buyers. After looking at these listings again, I just noticed the shipping cost for 1 magazine. Seller ships by parcel post at nice "cheap" $9.14 8O .

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 12 of 111123 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 109110111