Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 102 of 111123 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:02 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Cue the laugh-track, but I am so bidding on these pogs.

US & Canada only. :( :(

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:07 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
Xaxaxe wrote:Cue the laugh-track, but I am so bidding on these pogs.

US & Canada only. :( :(

All might not be lost, David. The second pog listing — the one detailed by Deimos — mentions worldwide shipping.

+++++

Aside: seriously, who would have ever thought there would be four or five posts about pogs on The Acaeum? :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:16 pm 

I didn't want to clog the thread with random Simpsons quotes, but since this has become a topic for discussion...

"ALF's back-- in pog form!"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:19 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:All might not be lost, David. The second pog listing — the one detailed by Deimos — mentions worldwide shipping.

Oh, I must've been preoccupied and missed that. Thanks, y'both. :)

26 for $6 vs 204 + cases for $5 doesn't seem quite fair, though! ^^

Xaxaxe wrote:Aside: seriously, who would have ever thought there would be four or five posts about pogs on The Acaeum? :)

Yeah, we should stick to the serious stuff like shrinkwrap, jigsaw puzzles, t-shirts, cartoon posters and minis around here! :P

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:43 pm 

Buyer ain't complaining because they think it's a genuine original worth $2,000.
(Well, ain't complaining until they show off their new "bargain" to a true collector).

That's my point my friend. I never claimed to be an expert on my listing or here. I am relying on people who want to buy my item to ask the questions they need to ask to determine its value to them. I just listed the item with things that seemed to be important. Like balrogs,etc. I do know that that indicates to someone who wants to buy it an idea of its age. They can then ask questions to narrow down exactly what they need to know because I don't know.

ted_k27 wrote:
If a person is going to bid on something they should ask questions first before bidding if they need more information, which is what I expected when I listed this item because I did not want to make a mistake and decieve someone. But both of these bidders asked nothing.

Presuming they know the questions to ask. Neither you nor they had the details beyond what you copied from that other auction.

I have to presume that someone willing to spend 200+ dollars on something should know what they are looking for. No I do not want to take advantage of anyone but I can't stop people from bidding. All I really know is that my friend had D&D in a woodgrain box and it was older than mine so I know that mine is not its first incarnation. But I do know its not AD&D or 3rd editon, etc. But its the "original rules" so thats what I chose to describe it as, not 1st edition as I've seen others which even I know was deceptive.

Research before selling is a good idea, IMHO.

I did what I felt was enough. I did not locate the educational tools available here while I was checking things out. I am relying on the buyer to know what to ask. I'm sorry I keep saying that but truly if you were going to spend 200.00 on something you would know all the facts first, correct? I know I would. And anyway I was just hoping someone would make my opening bid! Let alone take it higher.

Like I said, feel free to "exploit" the buyers' ignorance as much as you wish. It's their money, after all.

I cannot control the bidding. By the way checking the prices for the things I have for sale and the condition they are in against the guide at the home page here I would say that this collection is worth $200.00 give or take. Fifth edition D&D box set, Box average books near mint, Greyhawk 6th printing near mint, Chainmail 3rd edition mint. Perhaps the gentlemen are upping the bid for the convenience of killing three birds with one stone?

I appreciate the education you are giving me here. Just know that I am looking at this from the exact opposite end than you are. You know the facts, I am guessing at what might be important without saying something I know to be misleading in my item description.

Thanks for talking,

Ted

ignore my bad use of quotes please.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:00 am 

ted_k27 wrote:I appreciate the education you are giving me here. Just know that I am looking at this from the exact opposite end than you are. You know the facts, I am guessing at what might be important without saying something I know to be misleading in my item description.

Thanks for talking,

Ted

ignore my bad use of quotes please.

this is like watching the spanish inquisition here :) cut him some slack man! the world is full of individuals who will prey on the unknowing and exploit it to the fullest.

we comment all the time on things that go for massive amounts, way more than their true worth, even knowing that there are others about that are cheaper, but we dont say anything, but we could if our morals were that way inclined.....

he did his best. he revised the listing when he was advised with further information. not everyone has many moons to spare on research and they do what they think is enough.

i have a little knowledge of D&D, not as much as JG stuff i have to say and if i had one of these items, i would be totally feckin boggled with all the variants! knowing all that, it is quite daunting to actually list an item.

on the other hand, how often do we get "fun finds", cos the seller is to totally ignorant of how much something is actually worth? do we step in there and say "hey that item i won for $10 is actually worth $200"? ummm hardly. some steer in a more positive direction with regards to that (ie david), but most don't.

i think the guy has defended himself enough now, so lets leave it at that already :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:05 am 

For those Greyhawk completists (like me):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :B:SS:US:1

contains:
Vortext #8 (Spring 1993)
The Hidden Temple of Erythnul, by David Wunder
AD&D2, levels 2-5

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:41 am 

frankfromgermany wrote:For those Greyhawk completists (like me):

contains:
Vortext #8 (Spring 1993)
The Hidden Temple of Erythnul, by David Wunder
AD&D2, levels 2-5

That's a fun adventure, well-worth bidding on :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:02 pm 

Here's a Dungeon Geomorphs paired up with a Judges Guild Castle Book II:

cgi.ebay.com/Lot-2-Vintage-D-D-books-Ju ... dZViewItem

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:05 pm 

Shrinkwrapped B12-Queen's Harvest with $30.00 BIN:

Factory SEALED: Video Games | eBay

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:28 am 

Wrath of the Immortals plus some other common stuff. US only, so no good to me ;)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:51 am 

I don't mean to seem a complainer, but this annoys me:

"I have no way of knowing if anything is missing. "

Um, yes you do.  Read the boxes.

Any time I see the excuse "don't know if it's complete" all I can think is "lazy lazy lazy."

Insert interesting and/or humorous quote here.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:11 am 

Never saw these before, 3 D&D subject notebooks:

3 Unused Dungeons Dragons Notebooks Nuckols Art | eBay

Seller lists that they are from 1981, but I have never seen them for sale before. :?  Might be a good pickup for those of you who collect all the odds and ends.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:09 am 

slydeshadowdart wrote:I don't mean to seem a complainer, but this annoys me:

"I have no way of knowing if anything is missing. "

Um, yes you do. Read the boxes.

Any time I see the excuse "don't know if it's complete" all I can think is "lazy lazy lazy."

When I see that kind of statement, I always assume the seller knows there is some stuff missing, and he is just trying to cover his butt while creating hope in his bidders.  :evil:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:44 am 

1981 Milton Bradley DARK TOWER Electronic GAME -SEALED!
Dark Tower Milton: Board & Traditional Games | eBay

6 days left with a current bid of $17.26.  Don't think I've ever seen one in the shrink  8O

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:47 am 

TSR Knights of Camelot Fantasy Boardgame Game
TSR Game | eBay

6 days with an opening bid of $19.99 and a BIN of $24.99.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:52 am 

TSR DUNGEONS & DRAGONS JIGSAW PUZZLE 1983 3PC
Dungeons Dragons Puzzle | eBay

6 days left with an opening bid of $24.98 and a BIN of $25.00.  Three D&D puzzles, one is missing one piece.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:06 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Never saw these before, 3 D&D subject notebooks:

Dungeons Dragons Art | eBay

Seller lists that they are from 1981, but I have never seen them for sale before. :? Might be a good pickup for those of you who collect all the odds and ends.

These are generally pretty hard to come by. Can't remember exactly how many different covers they had, but at least one of those I have never seen before (i think???).

Anyway, for the completist, they are must-haves.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 102 of 111123 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 109110111