Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 101 of 111123 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:28 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bbarsh wrote:What the f....

eBay

Chain reaction's getting silly... :( :(

$291 and 5 days to go (high bidder can be pushed further since they're got two bids showing).

If I were reselling any of mine, I'd be starting to get embarrassed by $191, far less that current price. :?

That is insane. And that description is stolen from Juliabulia (SP?).

I am up to 27 watchers on my 6th print set.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:49 pm 

harami2000 wrote:(I don't just post Allan's watchlist... usually).

LOL :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:08 pm 

RPGA #2 with a $125 starting bid. Looks to be in pretty solid condition:

D D RPGA Module 2 Black Opal Eye Tracy Hickman | eBay

<edit> Seller also has an R1, R2 and an RPGA1 all up as well. Pretty high Starting bids, but may all be worth a gander as they all appear to be well taken care of:

RPGA1:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true

R1:
eBay
R2:
AD D RPGA R 2 Investigastion of Hydell by Mentzer | eBay

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:10 pm 

This is totally off topic, but I seem to have figured out the problem with EBay.  My above post does in fact have the hyperlinks for the R1 & R2 auctions in it but they are not showing up in my post. If you quote me from my above post you will see that the links are there but for some strange reason there seems to be a problem with the URL which causes it to not show up in the post. Any of you tech guys out there know why in the hell this might be happening? I am seriously confused. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:25 pm 

They're showing up fine for me in both Firefox and IE.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:26 pm 

bclarkie wrote:RPGA #2 with a $125 starting bid. Looks to be in pretty solid condition:

eBay

<edit> Seller also has an R1, R2 and an RPGA1 all up as well. Pretty high Starting bids, but may all be worth a gander as they all appear to be well taken care of:

RPGA1:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true

R1:
AD D RPGA R 1 To The Aid of Falx by Frank Mentzer | eBay
R2:
AD D RPGA R 2 Investigastion of Hydell by Mentzer | eBay

Seller just listed and R3 as well.  I hope this link works  :roll: :
AD D RPGA R 3 The Egg of the Phoenix by Mentzer | eBay

I guess not. :evil:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:57 am 

bclarkie wrote:I guess not. :evil:

all the links worked just fine for me chummer. btw BC PM me about that thing!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:18 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:I guess not. :evil:

all the links worked just fine for me chummer. btw BC PM me about that thing!

Al

Hmmmm, they werent there when I posted this last night, but they are now appearing. :?   Weird.  Maybe it has to with the fact I sent Ebay an email last night about the mysterious non showing links. :?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:38 pm 

For the collector who has everything:

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 8&rd=1

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:54 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:For the collector who has everything:

Oh wow, that's so cool and yet so terrible all at the same time. (D&D cool, pogs, no no no)

Reminds me of the D&D hologram cards that I have a couple of that you could get in cereal packets in the UK in the 80s sometime.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:01 pm 

D&D Pogs????  Bwaaahahahahahahaa!!!

If they have these then maybe my search for those elusive D&D bath beads will finally come to fruition.  And maybe the Cubs will win the World Series this year too.  :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:05 pm 

That's a pretty cool marketing move on part of WotC though. The pog craze was.. well.. crazy. Glad it didn't last.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:12 pm 

No damn Pogs!! :twisted: :twisted:  :twisted:

:lol:

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:16 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bbarsh wrote:What the f....

D and D Exhaust | eBay

Chain reaction's getting silly... :( :(

$291 and 5 days to go (high bidder can be pushed further since they're got two bids showing).

If I were reselling any of mine, I'd be starting to get embarrassed by $191, far less that current price. :?

Hello everyone.
I am the seller of the item mentioned above and discovered this forum from an email from Mr. harami2000 who was acusing me of exploiting people. I have had this box set(which I have determined to be 5th printing from a link Mr. harami2000 was gracious enough to provide) for nearly thirty years. I am not a collector of d&d material and only did my research from what I've seen on ebay. I make no allusions to anything other than the rules are copyright 1974(fact) and that these are the original rules( which aside form perhaps a few words or typeset changes still seems to be fact, of which again I only know about(typeset changes) from reading the link provided me moments ago) I'm not talking about printing edition which should be clear. I have no intention of decieving anyone and anyone can ask questions before making a bid to confirm anything they want to know. I am as surprised as anyone else that the price is so high but I do not think anything I've said is misleading. I have sold very few things on ebay and as someone mentioned I did originally copy another description which fit my item but found out that it was not ok to do. I relisted and made an apology to juliabulia in my description. Most on this forum seem to understand that not everyone who sells a D&D item is some kind of expert on it, which I am not. I am someone who enjoyed playing D&D in the late seventies and wanted a copy of the rules and now no longer plays and is willing to sell this set on ebay. Keep this in mind before judging anyone's motives.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:56 pm 

ted_k27 wrote:Hello everyone.
I am the seller of the item mentioned above and discovered this forum from an email from Mr. harami2000 who was acusing me of exploiting people.

Hiya there, Ted.

Not quite how I phrased it... I asked whether you were aware of the printings and passed you the links, if not.
Said it was 100% your call as to whether or not you wished to exploit (similarly) ignorant buyers.
(The word "exploit" does not just mean "unethically").

ted_k27 wrote:I have had this box set... for nearly thirty years. I am not a collector of d&d material and only did my research from what I've seen on ebay.

That's a long way back in the history of D&D, but the "doing research from eBay" and passing-on of potentially confusing information from this, to buyers who are paying large sums of money for the items was a matter which I chose to address via a personal message to yourself rather than by frightening the buyers or any underhand tactic.

Many sellers might have ignored my message. Thank you for not doing so, and for taking the time to read/investigate the context in which it was sent.

ted_k27 wrote:I make no allusions to anything other than the rules are copyright 1974(fact)...

I agreed with that on the link I sent you;
Interesting Items Formerly on eBay • Page 90 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum
TSR created that confusion in the first place. :(

The problem being as soon as anyone just goes with the "Tolkien references" without getting the context of those correct, an ignorant buyer might think "1st print".
And that's the difference between $1,000+ and $100-150.
So they'll obviously think they've got a "bargain" at $250-300... no?

ted_k27 wrote:I have no intention of decieving anyone... Most on this forum seem to understand that not everyone who sells a D&D item is some kind of expert on it, which I am not. I am someone who enjoyed playing D&D in the late seventies and wanted a copy of the rules and now no longer plays and is willing to sell this set on ebay. Keep this in mind before judging anyone's motives.

Agreed. As done.

David.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:46 pm 

I see this topic has arrived again (above).

Again, I see the easiest solution is just to tell buyers what printing the item is and year the copy they are selling was printed; not the printing of the first print to hype the product.

Oh well, to each their own.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:09 pm 

bbarsh wrote:I see this topic has arrived again (above).

Again, I see the easiest solution is just to tell buyers what printing the item is and year the copy they are selling was printed; not the printing of the first print to hype the product.

Oh well, to each their own.

Some people (namely myself) are just ignorant of all the details a true collector is concerned with. I don't believe a person with an item(any item) to sell on ebay is going to research an item in depth before listing it, they are just going to describe what they see and check what comparable listings say and go from there. If a person is going to bid on something they should ask questions first before bidding if they need more information, which is what I expected when I listed this item because I did not want to make a mistake and decieve someone. But both of these bidders asked nothing. They also had the chance to not bid again when 2 or 3 days later I had to relist. Please remember many people(sellers included) do not have the depth of knowledge that you do about this particular subject and rely on an accurate description of what they see plus answering questions from bidders to satisfy any issues.

Ted

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:30 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

No damn Pogs!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:lol:

Strangely enough, there is another D&D Pog auction up tonight.  8O  So don't fight, guys, there's pogs for everyone.  I know bclarkie wanted that last one, so I'm keeping out of it. ;)

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 1&rd=1

YIM  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 101 of 111123 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 109110111