Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 11 of 111123 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:40 am 

Many Thanks To:

beyondthebreach, johnhuck, improvstone, dbartman, bclarkie, McDuff, deimos3428, deadloard36, Ralf Toth, dathon, mbassoc2003, jagd, harami2000, and yes, to Brytag17 as well.

Justice will continue to prevail as long as folks like these are still willing to do the right thing, even if it does not directly help themselves to do so. All of you together may very well have saved me a big pile of coppers, not to mention great disappointment and worry. Right and truth seems to be at the forefront once again.

Over the past three pages of this thread, you folks have put together an investigative effort and made discoveries that any trial attorney would be envious of.

I (And others I am sure) very nearly made a terrible and costly mistake :oops: by not checking on something this serious. I shall not soon make that same mistake again.

Sniping is indeed looking more and more promising with each near catastrophe that I blindly stumble into… :roll:

My sincere, heartfelt thanks, and gratitude go out to all of you. :)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:08 am 

Just one last post to those of you who have bid on my auctions and frequent this site, I have placed new pictures and details on ALL of my auctions and ALL of my items, and this should address any concerns and eliminate any doubts you may have after reading some of the posts here, and I invite you to continue bidding if you wish. However, no more bids will be accepted from "Ralf Toth," or "Deadlord36." Any bids from them will be cancelled.

I have more items that I will be putting up for bid soon, however I have decided to wait until after I have received feedback for some of my auctions that are up presently before listing any new ones.  I apologize for the delay, but will be sending out the items to the winners of my current auctions very quickly.  I will also consider relisting The Ghost Tower of Inverness in the future as well.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:17 am 

Oh, and Anioth, let me know if you would like me to cancel your current high bid on auction # 5166742760 the First Edition Handbook Lot or if you'd like to keep it. Thanks.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:35 am 

Aneoth wrote:Many Thanks To:

beyondthebreach, johnhuck, improvstone, dbartman, bclarkie, McDuff, deimos3428, deadloard36, Ralf Toth, dathon, mbassoc2003, jagd, harami2000, and yes, to Brytag17 as well.

Justice will continue to prevail as long as folks like these are still willing to do the right thing, even if it does not directly help themselves to do so. All of you together may very well have saved me a big pile of coppers, not to mention great disappointment and worry. Right and truth seems to be at the forefront once again.

Over the past three pages of this thread, you folks have put together an investigative effort and made discoveries that any trial attorney would be envious of.

I (And others I am sure) very nearly made a terrible and costly mistake :oops: by not checking on something this serious. I shall not soon make that same mistake again.

Sniping is indeed looking more and more promising with each near catastrophe that I blindly stumble into… :roll:

My sincere, heartfelt thanks, and gratitude go out to all of you. :)

Hey Aneoth, Thats what makes this forum so GREAT!!!. With the wealth of knowledge of the so many HONEST folks around here and everyones willingness to help each other out and look out for one another is what makes this place the special place that it is :D :D :D :D :D  :D We are all kind of like a big happy but very disfunctional family  :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:35 am 

Group hug time!
CryFag, I already have every item you are selling, and Ralf either has them all too or doesn't particularly want them. Cough up a 1st print Dwarven Glory and I may apologize.
I truly hope you learned something from all this, but unfortunately, most people who are deceptive by nature never do.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:45 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Cough up a 1st print Dwarven Glory and I may apologize.

What do you want one of those for Frank? ;)
The "value" just got trashed down from $750 to $420 for a NM copy in the latest Acaeum revision.
(Wasn't particularly well highlighted, that....).

Which is, of course, a bit of a travesty since we're both fully aware that around half a dozen people would happily throw in a minimum $500 bid should one appear in that condition tomorrow.

Unless anyone wants to settle for that cash offer, off-eBay? 8O :P

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:46 am 

ya having a pic of a nice 1st print MM for you auction when your really selling a POS 3rd+ print is bullshit; thats Fraud and really you should end your acution and relist it with the right pictures. If I won and didn't get the books shown in your orginal pictures first I'd be draging your ass to court and then draging your ass outside of it.

So you should really relist all your stuff with the correct pictures or use none at all.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:28 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MESE:IT

I can honestly say I don't know much about JG stuff......... So I tossed in keyword RARE lol

but is it?  whats it worth? lol bid on it .. make me a billion ... or two :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:41 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5167971878

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS TRIVIA GAME

UN-USED FUN FUN FUN

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:44 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:I am usually the last person to point out supposed "shady" dealings. . . . but everyone should check out this link. . .

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEWA:IT

I wondered? What about my snipe? What happened?  :?

Hey yeah i was winning that - rather odd winning bidder there  :evil:

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:45 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
beyondthebreach wrote:I am usually the last person to point out supposed "shady" dealings. . . . but everyone should check out this link. . .

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEWA:IT

I wondered? What about my snipe? What happened? :?

Hey yeah i was winning that - rather odd winning bidder there :evil:

Based on the findings listed here, you are most likely, MUCH better off. :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:54 pm 

Brytag17 wrote:You did address it in that post.

USPO priority shipping gave me price of $46.40 for my "first edition lot." The auction i cancelled weighed more than that.

It would not let me cancel yesturdays auction for some reason I dont know, so I sold it to my self. Yes, fraud at its WORST.

I havn't met your mother.
could have sent it to me m-bag's and the shipping would have been about $25 so there :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:32 pm 

WOW!!!  8O  8O
Burnie's T1st Greyhawk:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0&rd=1

NICE  :D

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:47 pm 

bclarkie wrote:WOW!!! 8O 8O
Burnie's T1st Greyhawk:

NICE :D

$224 for a "F" copy vs. the $120 "list" price. Heh.
Placed my bid at a level I'd be happy regardless of whether I won or lost. Congrats to the reseller winner. I wonder whether he'll keep that one...

Paid $70+ less for Frank's copy which didn't have any underlining, staple-rust or surface cracking on the spine corners from the original fold (the cardstock for the T1st and the later woodgrains seem susceptable to that, from the few I've seen); although there were other faults, of course (including an interesting one on the cover which you might just be able to spot ;))
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5937140663

==

The other supplements were interesting, too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5165356502
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5165357298
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5165357910
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5165358671

(*waves to Ian*. Guess ya didn't wait, then! :))

Think the "Burnie effect" helped a bit, but the others didn't "fly away" at the end considering it was almost neck-and-neck to the finish post...

==

(A 1st Blackmoor in VF is NOT worth the same as a T1st Greyhawk in VG... Page Not Found ).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:04 pm 

harami2000 wrote:(*waves to Ian*. Guess ya didn't wait, then! :))

I got an 'Input Error' when I sent in my snipe at 20 seconds to go on Greyhawk... :evil:  :evil:  :evil: ... It coulda been mine.

Did you see what happened to Star Stone? I sniped way out of the ball park and someone was already there...  :evil: ... Now that's gotta hurt! :D

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... RK:MEDW:IT

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:22 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:(*waves to Ian*. Guess ya didn't wait, then! :))

I got an 'Input Error' when I sent in my snipe at 20 seconds to go on Greyhawk... :evil: :evil: :evil: ... It coulda been mine.

My PC crashed just a few seconds before that. Spooky... ^^
Sorry to hear that. :(

Out of interest, how high were you willing to go?

Paul paid $80 or so for a copy with missing pages (vs. the now-$9 list).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5947264650
(I don't think either of us rates an OCE much over $80, anyhow).

mbassoc2003 wrote:Did you see what happened to Star Stone? I sniped way out of the ball park and someone was already there... :evil: ... Now that's gotta hurt! :D
cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... RK:MEDW:IT

$125? Hmm... think yourself lucky you didn't win, IMHO.

(And I was having fun tallying the "6.5" grading an the image that looked somewhat better than that...).

My "fall back" snipe was $29.82 which seemed fair enough to me, "just in case". Picked up a "spare" copy in a $40 mixed lot. Wasn't quite as good as it looked, though.

If you'd been around the "Games Gallery" in Edinburgh at the time, you could've bought the whole stack they had for sale... :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:26 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
Think the "Burnie effect" helped a bit, but the others didn't "fly away" at the end considering it was almost neck-and-neck to the finish post...

I totally agree on the burnie effect, even on the more common items:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 6&rd=1
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 4&rd=1

And
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 7&rd=1.

The last one, the N4, I bought like 6 weeks ago, in the same condition or better also in shrink, and I OVERPAID and still it was only $25.00 8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:31 pm 

Oh and BTW, I don't know how you all missed this GEM :lol:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5&rd=1

Everyone must have been mezmorized by my great bidding prowess!!! :wink:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 11 of 111123 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 109110111