Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 96 of 111123 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:13 pm 

The Dungeon! boardgame with a $39.99 bin (don't know how reasonable that is...):

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... W&rd=1

In this listing, BTW, there's a paragraph entitled "A little history" wherein the seller goes on to use just about every key word you'd want to use while searching for TSR related auctions. Isn't that... um... illegal by eBay rules? I found this auction while searching for Metamorphosis Alpha for crineoutloud.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:22 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:The Dungeon! boardgame with a $39.99 bin (don't know how reasonable that is...):

In this listing, BTW, there's a paragraph entitled "A little history" wherein the seller goes on to use just about every key word you'd want to use while searching for TSR related auctions. Isn't that... um... illegal by eBay rules? I found this auction while searching for Metamorphosis Alpha for crineoutloud.

Yeah, the keyword spamming is against eBay rules.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:29 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:
El Diablo Robotico wrote:The Dungeon! boardgame with a $39.99 bin (don't know how reasonable that is...):

Yeah, the keyword spamming is against eBay rules.

Wow, he's a keyword spammer par excellence. Read his spam for his fly fishing books, for crying out loud, he managed to keyword spam those!  I reported everyone of his auctions.....

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:28 pm 

Badmike wrote:Wow, he's a keyword spammer par excellence. Read his spam for his fly fishing books, for crying out loud, he managed to keyword spam those! I reported everyone of his auctions.....

Mike B.

That reminds me of my old idea....

Dictionary for sale.
Contains entries for the following words...

But I cant find a dictionary word list that I can easily copy and paste into Word. I don't want to type out all the entries.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:29 am 

I can't wait to get my hands on this!  :D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5223548192

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:13 am 

Gus Landt wrote:

I can't wait to get my hands on this!    :D
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5223548192

Y'know, it's kind of tempting?  $100 is a bit much for a lark though.  And the guy probably isn't prepared to even have a buyer.  But still, wouldn't it be something if the guy ended up sending a bunch of rare stuff?

Sorry, I will now depart from fantasy land.  :wink:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:05 am 

Dungeons & Dragons 1970's Unopened Game
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 44112&rd=1

6 days left with an opening bid of $5.00.  In original shrink.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:25 am 

Achizar wrote:Gus Landt wrote:

Y'know, it's kind of tempting? $100 is a bit much for a lark though. And the guy probably isn't prepared to even have a buyer. But still, wouldn't it be something if the guy ended up sending a bunch of rare stuff?

Sorry, I will now depart from fantasy land. :wink:

Are you kidding?  Do you have any idea how rare "stuff" is?  8O Unfortunately, the auction ended early due to an error in the listing.  :cry:

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:31 am 

Y'know, it's kind of tempting? $100 is a bit much for a lark though. And the guy probably isn't prepared to even have a buyer. But still, wouldn't it be something if the guy ended up sending a bunch of rare stuff?

LOL!  I was emailing with the guy last night.  He had an deal made to sell some books to someone from a message board or something, and they were just going to go through ebay to protect the buyer, hence the lack of description. Don't know why he cancelled the auction unless the guy backed out or he's just gotten so many questions that he thinks a real auction will bring him more money.  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:02 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:

LOL! I was emailing with the guy last night. He had an deal made to sell some books to someone from a message board or something, and they were just going to go through ebay to protect the buyer, hence the lack of description. Don't know why he cancelled the auction unless the guy backed out or he's just gotten so many questions that he thinks a real auction will bring him more money. :wink:

LOL, I had one like that in my store this month, here is the listing and the very limited description (since the buyer already wanted the item and I basically listed it just to sell to him):

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... :EOTS:US:3

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:10 pm 

Badmike wrote:

LOL, I had one like that in my store this month, here is the listing and the very limited description (since the buyer already wanted the item and I basically listed it just to sell to him):

Mike B.

i have one of them up for auction atm i think (brain dying atm)...

Al

ps it was an ok read

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:18 pm 

Badmike wrote:

Mike B.

Hmm is there a difference in printing of these mike, you have "This is the copy with the Mithral Hall map on Page 80!" do some of them have it and some don't???

Brette:)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:39 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:

Hmm is there a difference in printing of these mike, you have "This is the copy with the Mithral Hall map on Page 80!" do some of them have it and some don't???

well i just checked mine. this is the only one i have had, but my mithril hall map is on pages 82 & 83 :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:20 pm 

L3 Deep Dwarven Delve - ultra rare
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 44114&rd=1

6 days left with an opening bid of approx $34.89 (UK auction).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:32 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:
Badmike wrote:

Mike B.

No, no difference, just that the guy had emailed me with the question "Do you have the TSR item with the map of Mithral Hall"?  After racking my brains a few minutes, I figured this is the only product it could be, since the map never appeared in any 2nd edition adventure that I'm aware of.  He just wanted to make sure he got the item with the map of Mithral Hall in it...so I put it up for auction and made sure he knew that was the one (Yeh it's actually on the pages Kill said but I was pointing to the page where the description of the Drizzt novels began, at least I think so...)

Mike B.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:52 pm 

muaddib5 wrote:L3 Deep Dwarven Delve - ultra rare
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 44114&rd=1

6 days left with an opening bid of approx $34.89 (UK auction).

That's odd -- the same seller seems to have the rest of the contents of the Silver Anniversary boxed set, too.  

It arguably makes sense to split up something simple like a white box (*waves to Grayson*), but I think he'd do better selling this item whole...then again, I've been wrong many times before.  :?

YIM  

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:26 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:but I think he'd do better selling this item whole...

This one can land on either side. I previously had great success breaking up these sets and selling the L3, grouping the Gs together, etc., except for my last attempt. I ended up taking it in the teeth a little bit on that one, getting about half of what I was hoping for on the L3 (it was a no-reserve auction) and having the rest fall short of expectations, as well.

As often happens with eBay, I think I just got caught up in the fabled "bad timing" on the last attempt (and, perhaps, there might have been some "good timing" on the earlier sales).

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:34 am 

RARE OOP Gamma World Box Set RPG TSR OOP RARE
Don't Miss Out On This Very Rare Box Set RPG
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... =2547&rd=1

6 days left with an opening bid of $1.00.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 96 of 111123 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 109110111