Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 10 of 111123 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 109110111
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:58 pm 

Regarding that "pyramid" thing, I'm not really sure myself , they were all over ebay,  priced at 99 million dollars meant for no one to bid on them. Its a mailing pyramid thing or something where you send $5 to an address and then the next person does and so on. I didnt spen more than a couple of minutes looking at it, just re-listed it with my address in the list like it said to do, but then ebay informed me that you cant list it because they dont allow it if its not an item for sale or something, but its weird cause there still all over ebay. Dont really know the deal with that.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:24 pm 

Brytag17 wrote:Regarding that "pyramid" thing, I'm not really sure myself , they were all over ebay, priced at 99 million dollars meant for no one to bid on them. Its a mailing pyramid thing or something where you send $5 to an address and then the next person does and so on. I didnt spen more than a couple of minutes looking at it, just re-listed it with my address in the list like it said to do, but then ebay informed me that you cant list it because they dont allow it if its not an item for sale or something, but its weird cause there still all over ebay. Dont really know the deal with that.

I don't believe a word you say and I hope you're gone from eBay soon.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:30 pm 

I can live with that.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:37 pm 

Ralf Toth wrote:
Brytag17 wrote:Regarding that "pyramid" thing, I'm not really sure myself , they were all over ebay, priced at 99 million dollars meant for no one to bid on them. Its a mailing pyramid thing or something where you send $5 to an address and then the next person does and so on. I didnt spen more than a couple of minutes looking at it, just re-listed it with my address in the list like it said to do, but then ebay informed me that you cant list it because they dont allow it if its not an item for sale or something, but its weird cause there still all over ebay. Dont really know the deal with that.

I don't believe a word you say and I hope you're gone from eBay soon.

I think that there is more tha meets the eye here as well. You clearly shilled one of your own auctions as mention previously discussed earlier on in this forum, and you claim to know nothing of the value of the item you sell but this website, the site where you stole the picture from clearly has previous prices listed. You can't get the picture without seeing the price :? Also, funny on your pyramid scam Ebay listing, why does 2 of the 5 emails in the listing which clearly are yours #1 & #4, are not the email address you have posted on your Ebay account and here on this site. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:45 pm 

Brytag17 wrote:I can live with that.

I think you need to borrow someone's camera and post some photos of your auction items. There are irregularities in what you've offered for aution and in your breif auction history.

If you do possess a genuine rarity, you need to be able to prove it in order to attract the money the visitors to this board have to offer. There aren't many serious bidders that don't frequent this site, and you'll probably find that most of the dealers that would bid on your job lots also keep an eye on this board.

You may wish to consider restarting each of your D&D auctions as the dealers may be considering pulling out of those auctions as well.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:56 pm 

First off, yes I bought one of my own auctions, because yesturday I started getting all of my items ready for shippment, and got the weight and shipping costs from the PO. Like I said, these are my first auctions, and I have set a fixed shipping cost for each one. If it costs more to ship than the listed price I gave, I'll cover the difference, however in the auction I "shilled" to myself, it turned out that the shipping price I listed ($24.95) combined with the final sale price,  would barely equal the actual price it would cost me to ship all the items. If you take a look at that auction, you can imagine the weight of all those items, so it would be a total loss for me to continue with that particular auction, so I ended it and will relist the items with appropriate shipping costs. Some of my other auctions right now also have low shipping price, but its not a big deal and I'll cover the difference, but with the first auction (the one I shilled) it would of just been ridiculous with the shipping price I had listed.

Second, I have not taken any pictures from this website, and have not been to this site before today.

My pyramid scam? Do you really have nothing better to do than spend your time  trying to investigate every minute detail of my ebay history? Here's some advice - DONT bid on my auctions, get a life and try to find yourself a girl, maybe that will help. And I have more than one email address.

Thank you

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:01 pm 

Brytag17 wrote:Get a life and try to find yourself a girl, maybe that will help.

Getting offensive on this board doesn't help. It won't attract money to your auctions and it won't endear you to its members.

And we're not buying self-tan and books on how to pick up women. :D  :lol:

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:01 pm 

Yeah, actually as we speak I am trying to get my old webacm working, and am going to incorporate more photos into all of my auctions right away if i can. But as long as the price is bareable, its ok. Im not trying to make a fortune selling my D&D collection. Its just taking up too much room and dont want them anymore.  More than this, I'm not going to invest too much time into it. If they sell they selll, and I will be happy to remove anyones bid for them so they dont have any "cancelled bids" on they're ebay record. Thanks

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:17 pm 

Brytag17 wrote:First off, yes I bought one of my own auctions, because yesturday I started getting all of my items ready for shippment, and got the weight and shipping costs from the PO. Like I said, these are my first auctions, and I have set a fixed shipping cost for each one. If it costs more to ship than the listed price I gave, I'll cover the difference, however in the auction I "shilled" to myself, it turned out that the shipping price I listed ($24.95) combined with the final sale price, would barely equal the actual price it would cost me to ship all the items. If you take a look at that auction, you can imagine the weight of all those items, so it would be a total loss for me to continue with that particular auction, so I ended it and will relist the items with appropriate shipping costs. Some of my other auctions right now also have low shipping price, but its not a big deal and I'll cover the difference, but with the first auction (the one I shilled) it would of just been ridiculous with the shipping price I had listed.

Second, I have not taken any pictures from this website, and have not been to this site before today.

My pyramid scam? Do you really have nothing better to do than spend your time trying to investigate every minute detail of my ebay history? Here's some advice - DONT bid on my auctions, get a life and try to find yourself a girl, maybe that will help. And I have more than one email address.

Thank you

First off regardless of you lame, WRONG and baseless personal attack(whats next are you going to start talking about my mother? :roll: christ) which I wont even address with this post. I have been doing EBay a long time, a LONG TIME. I have seen my fair share of liars, thieves, shills, and fraudsters, but you my friend may be the WORST. Let me clear a couple things up for you. First off, unless you were planning on shipping your items USPS Express mail or UPS 2 day, saying $24.95 as not being enough is just assanine. Just like it doesn't cost anywhere near $9.95 to ship 1 module, it sure and hell doesn't cost $24.95 to ship the items in that auction. As far as your picture that was in your Inverness auction, that picture is DEFINITELY FROM THIS SITE, whether or not you received on this site directly or not is a moot point. I also find it very hard to believe that you are a "first timer", because for a first timer you seem to have a pretty elaborate auction setting, and first timers typically aren't savy enough to shill their own auctions :roll: I just can't figure out why you were so easily able to cancel todays auction, but last night you thought it appropriate to shill that auction :? As a final note SHILLING under any circumstance is FRAUD and PYRAMID SCAMS are FRAUD. SO PLEASE spare us all the "I'm new and don't know what I'm doing act", as its pretty clear every one here knows differently.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:34 pm 

You did address it in that post.

USPO priority shipping gave me price of $46.40 for my "first edition lot." The auction i cancelled weighed more than that.

It would not let me cancel yesturdays auction for some reason I dont know, so I sold it to my self. Yes, fraud at its WORST.

I havn't met your mother.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:55 pm 

BryTag, you might want to think carefully before you post here. The guys here, with the exception of myself, are VERY sharp, they don't miss a thing. You quite obviously stole the Acaeum picture, and we all know you've been here before. You didn't just "discover" the site today.
I was right about knowing who the seller was. I caught the 17 in your eBay handle and your registered name. I gambled that you had registered within the last week or so, and when I checked, lo and behold, there was your name, and I can at LEAST put 2 and 2 together. Though I am no PurpleDragon.
So, please understand, if you Maxie out on us, we will most certainly win in the end. Dishonesty may be the policy on other boards, but we are all (mostly) 30+ here, and we don't have the time or patience for lies and deceit. You must unlearn what you have learned.
In the tradition of the Acaeum (well, just me), I give you the Acaeum name of CryFag.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:11 pm 

Allow me to clear something up. The reason I posted here in the first place was out of friendly consideration, nothing more. I am not trying to up the price of my auctions, or trying to secure more bidders, and could not possibly care less if you think I'm trying to deceive you. The prices as of now on ALL of my auctions are more than satisfactory, and I invite you all to NOT BID on ANY of my items. "We all know you've been here before" Are you serious? and I guess I'm not that sharp either because the next part of your post I dont even understand. Registered where in the last week?  Im not going to invest anymore time trying to figure that out or provide any more info to this board.  Mistake in the first place. This will be my last post.  

Regards

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:29 pm 

*Ding*!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:04 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:*Ding*!

And another win in the DL36 column!  I was out hunting for rare finds and missed all the action :(

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:23 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:*Ding*!

AMEN  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:43 pm 

*bows*
Hey, I don't mind verbally abusing idiots, but everyone else here does the leg work of figuring out the details. We ALL contribute to making this place a fairly honest forum.
Wonder where Purp is, BTW. He hasn't posted in a long time. That guy is a regular Sherlock Holmes.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:03 am 

Ya know, this is my first time here in...months? And I see my username popped up. Hey Dead...how was that for a Super Bowl! The last 5-6 months have been busy, trying...choose your description. D&D collecting just had to take a back seat (or the trunk of the car may be apt because other things went into the back seat).

I must say, this does seem odd with the C2...but I am still working my way through the whole thread and it is already passed my bedtime. "Odd" is probably not the best description for it. Now that I am here, I look forward to going back to my hobby of helping to find ebay-shills and other such shady characters

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:19 am 

Purp, I have been a rabid Pats fan, and football fan in general, for 28 years. I remember seeing Bruschi play in college and saying he was going to be one of the best. It's so good to be on the top....... plus the World Series win. The USA started here, and so do all worthwhile sports, it seems.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 10 of 111123 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 109110111