Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 9 of 111123 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:27 pm 

Ralf Toth wrote:Just look at the other stuff he sold. Especially:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Has someone reported this clown to eBay?

Nothing like a good ole' fashioned pyramid scam to confirm my suspicions......... :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:58 pm 

Pyramid schemes, shill bidding and a ripped-off image straight from the Acaeum... you guys are playing with fire bidding on that C2 mono.  

8O

And a hearty thanks to John Huck for clearing up the origins of "pig in the poke" and "cat out of the bag."  

:D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:30 pm 

bclarkie wrote:cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 8&rd=1

Another thing about the auction is this phrase:

FROM PEOPLE I HAVE SPOKEN WITH WHO ARE VERY KNOWLEDGABLE ABOUT THESE THINGS, I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THAT COULD MAKE THE WORTH OF THIS ITEM EVEN MORE VALUEABLE

Anybody here know this guy? Being that he has stolen his picture form this site, I would have to imagine that the knowledgable people he would be referring to reside right here...............

Maybe somebody who owns one could ask the seller specific questions about the interior pages to ascertain if he even really owns the item. I have a feeling the answer is not going to be good. :evil:

Postal Insurance not offered? How to pick up Women? Tanning creams? Perhaps someone can tell me... If everyone else pulls out, I take it I can't be left in a position where I have to buy if I haven't placed a bid above the seller's reserve price? Or can I?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:55 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Postal Insurance not offered? How to pick up Women? Tanning creams? Perhaps someone can tell me... If everyone else pulls out, I take it I can't be left in a position where I have to buy if I haven't placed a bid above the seller's reserve price? Or can I?

As long as your highest bid does not meet the sellers reserve price than you are not bound to pay for the item. Based on the bid history I assuming ANeoth's bid is probably higher than $500.00, but that is what the reserve price is set at. At this point I don't know if Aneoth is going to hang on and chance it out or if after seeing all this, he will bail out, but even if he does bail out you are safe because you haven't met the reserve yet :D

BTW, you just got to love the fact that his shipping cost on this auction is $9.95 domestic and based on his completely outrageous shipping quotes on his other auctions it would be $19.90 for international bidders :roll:, yet he doesn't even include to offer insurance 8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:05 pm 

check out this auction (and the bidders on it)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6944896630

and compare it to

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6946732764

He even stole the picture of the authors signatures.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:19 pm 

jagd wrote:check out this auction (and the bidders on it)

and compare it to

Yep. That's enough for me to think this is a big time fraud. How about you, Aneoth?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:22 pm 

and compare it to

This guy is the most shady seller I think that I have ever encountered on Ebay  :evil:  :evil:  :evil: .  I think that as many people as possible should report this guy to Ebay ASAP as per Ralf's previous post:

Ralf Toth wrote:Just look at the other stuff he sold. Especially:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Has someone reported this clown to eBay?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:15 pm 

re. oC2 auction; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5167605118
and compare it to

Well spotted. Thank you (and to everyone else for checking up).

Don't think you need to retract your bid, <aneoth>; would be surprised if this one runs to completion, as it currently stands.
(Is yet another plus for sniping, rather than charging in head-first...).

====

Some artwork...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5956604364
$32 with 6 hours to go

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5166071993
$31 with 2 days to go

Had been keeping an eye out on this seller, in case they posted any more I liked the look of (missed one, before I spotted them), but nothing else has come up; hence posting here.
Don't think Burnie Bros. will bid higher ;)

(oh, some other stuffs for White Wolf fans, too...).

==

harami2000 wrote:SR #1 still not OTT price-wise;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5956574656
$14.50 with <1 day to go

(seller has others plus two key "Astounding Stories" in vaguely decent condition... :P
No sign of Couerl, though... :()

And still at $14.50 with 3 hours to go...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:48 pm 

Honestly, I wouldn't buy the tower for $5.
#1. No scan of the actual item. Cut and paste is way more trouble than scanning, so why would he do it?
#2. Seller is obviously a scam artist trying a NEW scam.
#3. Since he describes spine wear, it is entirely possible that it is my old copy, which was just about worn completely thru, glued together. I can't imagine that it is an unknown copy. Mine was the one listed in the Acaeum as VG, and it is not one of the Mint copies, so it is either an unknown copy (unlikely), or it is a photocopy (possible), or it is my old one (possible).
Now, he claims his auction items are rare in each auction. They are, but how would he know that unless he had access to reference material? The Acaeum is the only place he could have found ALL of the mods, and if he had used the Acaeum, he would know what the Inverness was, yet in the description we get the "I was told" line.
Whoever wins this auction had best insist on a free tube of KY jelly, since they will be taking a BIG one.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:50 pm 

I think I might know who it is..............

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:08 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:I think I might know who it is..............

Just got this from "Eric Goldberger" <[email protected]>

Dear mbassoc2003,

You asked:
"Hi. Could you email me photos of the item lying on a table. You've cropped the module, and it's har to assess it's condition. Could you also take a photo of it open. I'd like to see the inside. I take it that it is loose leaf in a ziplock bag? I appologise for any inconvenience, but if this goes to $800-900, I'd like to know what I'm getting for my money. You can get accurate prices for rare D&D items at The Acaeum. Yours is in the section marked 'Rares'."

Hello. Thanks for the info. Yes it is in a ziplock kind of bag, but it doesnt zip. My webcam iisnt working anymore, but I'll try and get some pictures of it for you and the interior one way or other. Thanks for looking.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:13 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Hello. Thanks for the info. Yes it is in a ziplock kind of bag, but it doesnt zip. My webcam iisnt working anymore, but I'll try and get some pictures of it for you and the interior one way or other. Thanks for looking.

Yes. Stranger things have happened...

mbassoc2003 wrote:I appologise for any inconvenience, but if this goes to $800-900, I'd like to know what I'm getting for my money.

Heh, heh. I wish I could get Frank's non-DM copy for that price! :D
*chuckles*

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:22 pm 

The user has been reported to eBay. Please go the page

Welcome to eBay

and report this person. It takes less than five minutes to fill out the form. The more people complain, the quicker he's gone.

Thanks.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:38 pm 

I am the person selling the d&d items that you are talking about.  I was referred here by one of my bidders. I am new to ebay and these are my first auctions, so forgive my imperfections. I was a huge fan of AD&D (mainly fist edition) when I was younger, and I have no need for my collection anymore, hence why I'm selling it. Some of my pictures of my items are scans, some are cut pastes (not very good jobs) but  my descriptions of my items are accurate and hopefully detailed enough. (Also, the tanning creams and electrolysis items are my girlfriends shit, thanks for noticing)  All winners of my auction will get exactly what they are expecting, and I will be happy to address any questions or concerns a potential buyer may have. If you are the high bidder on one of my auctions, I'll even give you my phone # to discuss any of your concerns. My advice to anyone on this forum interested in my items is to NOT bid on any of my auctions until I receive feedback for items that have already been won and sent to the winner.  Anyone who has already placed a bid on any of my auctions can email me at [email protected] and I will gladly remove your bid for you.  Again, if you have doubts as to my integrity, DO NOT bid on my auctions until I have been proven legitimate. You can send any questions to [email protected]

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:44 pm 

Brytag17 wrote:DO NOT bid on my auctions until I have been proven legitimate. You can send any questions to [email protected]

Hiya there! Thanks for joining up (and thanks, too, for whoever pointed you in this direction).

IMHO, you really need to start that auction afresh or, at the very least point out that you're using an archive photo and make very clear what it is you are actually selling, given its expected realisation.

If you cannot supply a photo, say so, rather than borrow someone else's.
(Is always easier than getting hit by negatives and demands for refunds from any unsatisfied buyers).

You've certainly managed to put me off quite well...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:48 pm 

Brytag17 wrote:I am the person selling the d&d items that you are talking about. I was referred here by one of my bidders. I am new to ebay and these are my first auctions, so forgive my imperfections. I was a huge fan of AD&D (mainly fist edition) when I was younger, and I have no need for my collection anymore, hence why I'm selling it. Some of my pictures of my items are scans, some are cut pastes (not very good jobs) but my descriptions of my items are accurate and hopefully detailed enough. (Also, the tanning creams and electrolysis items are my girlfriends shit, thanks for noticing) All winners of my auction will get exactly what they are expecting, and I will be happy to address any questions or concerns a potential buyer may have. If you are the high bidder on one of my auctions, I'll even give you my phone # to discuss any of your concerns. My advice to anyone on this forum interested in my items is to NOT bid on any of my auctions until I receive feedback for items that have already been won and sent to the winner. Anyone who has already placed a bid on any of my auctions can email me at [email protected] and I will gladly remove your bid for you. Again, if you have doubts as to my integrity, DO NOT bid on my auctions until I have been proven legitimate. You can send any questions to [email protected]

Nothing like jumping right into the fire 8O Personally I could care less about the tanning oils and what not, but whats the deal with the pyramid scam?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:49 pm 

I am taking down my auction for The ghost tower of inverness,  as it appears to be worth more than I thought, and seems to be creating alot concerns. I am still going to sell it if the price is right. If anyone is interested in it, I am offering  to sell it to you in person for cash if you live in the NYC/NJ area and are willing to meet me, then you can evaluate the condition and value of it yourself.  Email me at [email protected] if interested.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:54 pm 

Thanks for cancelling the auction. Now we know what Aneoth was willing to pay. :D

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 9 of 111123 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 109110111