Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 76 of 111123 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:08 am 

bclarkie wrote:
ifearyeti wrote:States third printing on copyright page?

Hey David, could you be so kind as to post what you find out with this book when you get it. I actually helped you out with my bid and didn't even realize. I maxed out the high bidder with my own semi-curious bid on that one. :)

No probs: shall do.
Is travelling surface, so will hopefully be some time this year... :?

(thanks for the "spot", <ifearyeti>)

bclarkie wrote:BTW, I love your Avatar. :wink:

Aww... you, too. thx. :)

*feels all warm and fuzzy*. (*chuckles*)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:40 am 

Hrmm... Does anyone know whether this is actually going to fit Frank Mentzer?
Somehow I'd envisioned him as being a bit taller... :?

(No refund on that score I trust, Burnie Bros.? :P)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5203165565
$5 with 1 1/2 days to go

(Noticed he'd already snagged the modelling clay sets...).

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:34 am 

harami2000 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:It is an original, but the fading on the right-hand side of the image requires explaining, I think: have checked a few of their other auctions and not apparent on any of those, even with the same lens(?).
Difficult to explain, given that the spine looks so good. (Temporary camera or digital image processing problem, phps?).

Thanks, whoever asked... :)

Q: Hi - I am sure you have been asked about this already - it seems a wee bit faded on the right hand side - is this surface rubbing? Ta. SM
A: Yes,looks like surface rubbing & not the printing.

(So much for the description of condition as originally given! Strange how only the right hand side of the cover was affected; yet is so extensive, there...).

That was me - perhaps it looks worse in the photo - but I think that this is probably at about the right price for a WD #1 in that condition.

Strange how it gets you - I only bought my first WDs six months ago and thought "well I will be happy to have all the first ten"... now I am scouring ebay trying to complete 1-100 and yesterday I cought myself bidding on Imagine magazines?!? 8O

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:48 am 

harami2000 wrote:Hrmm... Does anyone know whether this is actually going to fit Frank Mentzer?
Somehow I'd envisioned him as being a bit taller... :?

[ Image ]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5203165565
$5 with 1 1/2 days to go

(Noticed he'd already snagged the modelling clay sets...).

I am sure it won't fit Frank. He is not a small person. Frank recently emailed us wondering how we have all of these wonderful items and we told him mainly off of Ebay but had purchased some items from private deals. I asked if he was buying for his collection or planning on selling these items at GenCon but he never said. Of coarse we will be putting several items in the GenCon auction ourselves this year.

BTW:The items we have listed this week are still a bargain considering how hard they are to come by. If Frank wins them I am sure he will get more for them at GenCon.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:48 am 

red_bus wrote:
That was me - perhaps it looks worse in the photo - but I think that this is probably at about the right price for a WD #1 in that condition.

Strange how it gets you - I only bought my first WDs six months ago and thought "well I will be happy to have all the first ten"... now I am scouring ebay trying to complete 1-100 and yesterday I cought myself bidding on Imagine magazines?!? 8O

Hah!!  :wink:

*<spots another Acaeum members EBay ID>*.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:51 am 

red_bus wrote:That was me - perhaps it looks worse in the photo - but I think that this is probably at about the right price for a WD #1 in that condition.

Heya, there!
Unsure, but not that much more, IMHO. (Well, OK, prices for decent copies have been pretty crazy, recently...).
Most of all, was nice of the seller not to mention when it is so obvious and they listed all those other faults!

Might've thought it was rubbing from being a binder, but not just one side and couldn't see any spine tear (well, at the top, at least).

red_bus wrote:Strange how it gets you - I only bought my first WDs six months ago and thought "well I will be happy to have all the first ten"... now I am scouring ebay trying to complete 1-100 and yesterday I cought myself bidding on Imagine magazines?!? 8O

*g*. Well, the Imagines are worth having, IMHO. :)
And I mean in terms of readable/usable content, too (well, OK, just skip Rubic, but aside from that... :roll:)

So you didn't see the WD #1-270/300 (minus 2) auction for £150 either, then?
Guess it was invisible to all here, save John who didn't want it!

Stopped at #100 myself, although #90 would've made more sense phps.
#101 has some RQ, too, but beyond that...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:49 pm 

Large collection in this auction. Looks like the B3 is a green cover. Difficult to tell if the Dieties & Demigods is the Cthulhu edition or not.  Should still go for a goodly amount, however, just cuz of the sheer amount of stuff.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 1&rd=1

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:24 pm 

Ralf Toth wrote:Wild Things + Dark & Hidden Ways. 1 day 10 hours, $12... but the condition.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5203134618

In case you missed it: 2 hours and $20.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:05 pm 

Maybe these 2 are an indication of finally a down swing to the early Dragons. There wasn't a quiltmom anywhere in sight. :wink: I had #3 on the cheap if I wanted it, but I just decided not to pull the trigger. :? I will probably regret that eventually. :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:28 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Maybe these 2 are an indication of finally a down swing to the early Dragons. There wasn't a quiltmom anywhere in sight. :wink: I had #3 on the cheap if I wanted it, but I just decided not to pull the trigger. :? I will probably regret that eventually. :evil:

Was watching... Yeah, on the plus side, <quiltmom> appears to be happy with one of each (usually?).
Wouldn't have said that was overly "cheap" for #3 ($60), even though it looked like a pretty good copy- trimmed scan not withstanding.

There were others just about "crawled" in at $50 or so, tail end of last year. (With one of those having but a single bid, IIRC).

... will be more than happy to pick up a #1 for $100-150 some time, though! :P

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:49 pm 

burntwire wrote:
harami2000 wrote:[ Image ]

I am sure it won't fit Frank. He is not a small person.

:D

Hrrr... looks like someone else maxxed him out. :(
Still an hour or two to go, though.

burntwire wrote:BTW:The items we have listed this week are still a bargain considering how hard they are to come by. If Frank wins them I am sure he will get more for them at GenCon.

*nod nods*. Would sound like a logical location for a decent sale price, that!

Don't recall seeing that many of your more "unusual" items on eBay very often (at all)...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:21 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Was watching... Yeah, on the plus side, <quiltmom> appears to be happy with one of each (usually?).
Wouldn't have said that was overly "cheap" for #3 ($60), even though it looked like a pretty good copy- trimmed scan not withstanding.

Probably should have stated "cheap" as a more clear reference to what they have been going for lately. :wink:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:47 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 15855&rd=1

lot of Hollow World and Dragonlance material. Not often seen around.
30.99 and 23 hours to go. The current high bidder is furry.

Enjoy.

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:32 pm 

Ok, I know I have out of the loop, but who in the hell is this guy??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 94208&rd=1

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:37 pm 

bbarsh wrote:Ok, I know I have out of the loop, but who in the hell is this guy??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 94208&rd=1

Well, 2 things. First off it is Aneoths 1st print Monster Manual for the 3rd time. :roll: We busted this guy a few months ago for shilling and got him suspended. I could go on for another hour about this guy, but I will spare you. I am however going to not going to spare EBay and will be promptly be reporting him for having his lying accusation in his auction. :) Hey Kev, since I know you are reading this. BYE BYE AGAIN. :wink:

==========================
Edit--- This guy is so F*cking stupid he just outed jonb7839. I know we all already know that he is the previous ETC/TGE, but he just openely listed it in his auctions. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks Kevin for the concrete evidence that we needed. :wink:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:53 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I am however going to not going to spare EBay and will be promptly be reposrting him for having his lying accusation in his auction. :) Hey Kev, since I know you are reading this. BYE BYE AGAIN. :wink:

*lol*. That's one angry Martian Warrior! :P

Can I get him for libel, first?

(Pity I'm not a reseller, so I could sue him for potential loss of business, too. *hint*).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:00 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:I am however going to not going to spare EBay and will be promptly be reposrting him for having his lying accusation in his auction. :) Hey Kev, since I know you are reading this. BYE BYE AGAIN. :wink:

*lol*. That's one angry Martian Warrior! :P

Can I get him for libel, first?

(Pity I'm not a reseller, so I could sue him for potential loss of business, too. *hint*).

I already report him to ebay and I also sent him a nice email thanking him for libeling me. :wink:  Anyone know a good lawyer? :o

And Seriously some make a jpeg of that auction listing, we are going to need it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:18 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I already report him to ebay and I also sent him a nice email thanking him for libeling me. :wink: Anyone know a good lawyer? :o

And Seriously some make a jpeg of that auction listing, we are going to need it.

Wasn't easy to find a category for "being a total ass" on Welcome to eBay .
Did you manage to find an better reporting route than that?

Have sent via there, and their "Encouraging Illegal Activity" category, elsewhere.

btw. That libellous text is not just in that one auction, but all nine of their RPG auctions.
Have taken .html copies of a couple: will work my way through the rest.

=
(Thanks for the "heads up" <bbarsh>!)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 76 of 111123 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 109110111