Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 68 of 100123 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 9899100
Author


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:09 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:I'm really surprised with all the RJK excitement lately

*g*. I was looking round, too, to see whether anyone had slinked in some rares with low BINs whilst we were "looking the other way".

All I could come up with was a signed Inverness (non-tourney ;)), however.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5203601350

Wow, the mind really sees what it wants to see.  Even with the "non" prominently underlined, all I saw before my heart started racing was "Inverness", "tourney" and "signed" on the same line.   :lol:

 YIM  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 343
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 28, 2017
Location: Turin, Italy

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:58 pm 
 

eBay listings

Some cool items, yet one of the lousiest feedbacks I have EVER seen

8O  8O  8O


"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

 YIM  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:15 pm 
 

rosenkav wrote:eBay listings

Some cool items, yet one of the lousiest feedbacks I have EVER seen

8O 8O 8O

In the seller's defense, it's much easier to get a low rating percentage when you're new, or don't use eBay frequently.  One incident, if it's your first, and you're at 0%!  I'd imagine you don't see it often because it's so hard to recover from that the eBayer would simply create a new account.  

It seems he had a problem with his email at the time, according to the negative feedback that was left.  Also of note, it appears he didn't retaliate against the negatives, for whatever reason.

The negative feedback was also left almost two years ago, and was left by sellers, not buyers, so I wouldn't necessarily knock the guy's selling etiquette, except to say it's unknown.

I don't understand the sellers actions, though.  I've never left a negative yet, even though I've had several buyers back out on auctions.  Yes, I'm out a couple of cents in Ebay fees.  That's not worth a retaliatory negative, and not worth leaving one, either.  (Maybe it's safe once you have a couple thousand positives under your belt.)  It's far better to inform the buyer you're relisting, leave no feedback/positive feedback stating "auction cancelled at buyer's request", and move on.  (With the non-paying bidder option, you might even get partial fees back.)

 YIM  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Posts: 1092
Joined: Nov 07, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 24, 2020
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:42 pm 
 

WHITE DWARF ISSUE ONE
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 79167&rd=1

9 days left, UK auction with an opening bid of approx $54.51. Seller states original and not reprint.



 WWW  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:51 pm 
 

muaddib5 wrote:WHITE DWARF ISSUE ONE
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 79167&rd=1

9 days left, UK auction with an opening bid of approx $54.51. Seller states original and not reprint.

thx :)

It is an original, but the fading on the right-hand side of the image requires explaining, I think: have checked a few of their other auctions and not apparent on any of those, even with the same lens(?).
Difficult to explain, given that the spine looks so good. (Temporary camera or digital image processing problem, phps?).

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:51 pm 
 

:idea:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 343
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 28, 2017
Location: Turin, Italy

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:01 pm 
 

deimos3428 wrote:In the seller's defense, it's much easier to get a low rating percentage when you're new, or don't use eBay frequently. One incident, if it's your first, and you're at 0%! I'd imagine you don't see it often because it's so hard to recover from that the eBayer would simply create a new account.

It seems he had a problem with his email at the time, according to the negative feedback that was left. Also of note, it appears he didn't retaliate against the negatives, for whatever reason.

The negative feedback was also left almost two years ago, and was left by sellers, not buyers, so I wouldn't necessarily knock the guy's selling etiquette, except to say it's unknown.

I don't understand the sellers actions, though. I've never left a negative yet, even though I've had several buyers back out on auctions. Yes, I'm out a couple of cents in Ebay fees. That's not worth a retaliatory negative, and not worth leaving one, either. (Maybe it's safe once you have a couple thousand positives under your belt.) It's far better to inform the buyer you're relisting, leave no feedback/positive feedback stating "auction cancelled at buyer's request", and move on. (With the non-paying bidder option, you might even get partial fees back.)


That's what I'd have done - start from scratch again.
I mean, there is something strange in all this - even if the objects are quite tempting - especially that H4 I am missing...

But I'm not sure I'd bid on it.


"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

 YIM  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:08 pm 
 

ifearyeti wrote:Printing anomaly or confused seller?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5201743147

You asked:
"hi the_advocate, States third printing on copyright page? thanks, ifearyeti"

That's right.


Hey David, could you be so kind as to post what you find out with this book when you get it. I actually helped you out with my bid and didn't even realize. I maxed out the high bidder with my own semi-curious bid on that one. :) BTW, I love your Avatar. :wink:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7942
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:56 pm 
 

deimos3428 wrote:
rosenkav wrote:eBay listings

Some cool items, yet one of the lousiest feedbacks I have EVER seen

8O 8O 8O

In the seller's defense, it's much easier to get a low rating percentage when you're new, or don't use eBay frequently. One incident, if it's your first, and you're at 0%! I'd imagine you don't see it often because it's so hard to recover from that the eBayer would simply create a new account.

It seems he had a problem with his email at the time, according to the negative feedback that was left. Also of note, it appears he didn't retaliate against the negatives, for whatever reason.

The negative feedback was also left almost two years ago, and was left by sellers, not buyers, so I wouldn't necessarily knock the guy's selling etiquette, except to say it's unknown.

I don't understand the sellers actions, though. I've never left a negative yet, even though I've had several buyers back out on auctions. Yes, I'm out a couple of cents in Ebay fees. That's not worth a retaliatory negative, and not worth leaving one, either. (Maybe it's safe once you have a couple thousand positives under your belt.) It's far better to inform the buyer you're relisting, leave no feedback/positive feedback stating "auction cancelled at buyer's request", and move on. (With the non-paying bidder option, you might even get partial fees back.)


I've left dozens of negs for idiot nonpaying buyers, and I felt good about everyone of them. People that bid on, and win, an item then not only don't pay, but prefer not to even contact you in any way to let you know they are not paying, deserve it.  First, you have to wait the 10-14 days to get your money back and to relist your product, and you have to waste all your time jumping through the hoops ebay puts up so you can get refunded.  Screw em, I wait the 89 days or so and neg the hell out of them, it's the only way to teach them a lesson. The dumbest thing is that if someone contacts me and says they want to cancel the auction, they made a mistake, etc, as long as they pay me a buck or so for the relisting fee, I'll even leave them positive feedback afterwards.

Mike B.

 WWW  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:44 am 
 

Anyone got an incomplete H1?  Or maybe you want to try and assemble H1 on the cheap.

Adventure & Roster booklet from H1 Bloodstone Pass module
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5203506991

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 529
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 08, 2021
Location: Lille, France.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:55 am 
 

Something valuable ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

:?:

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7942
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:41 am 
 

youffie404 wrote:Something valuable ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

:?:


That's the cover of the "Skulls" I bought off the shelf back 25 years ago.  I don't see them very often, but I do see them.  Interestingly, that version is missing some sections of the later printing if I remember correctly...

Mike B.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:18 pm 
 

i have both. i like the later printing more than the older one - cover is much nicer for a start and the flow of the module seems better...possibly for the reasons mentioned by mike there i guess...

Al



  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 130
Joined: Oct 06, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 11, 2012
Location: Liestal, Switzerland

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:44 pm 
 

Hasn't there be an auction some time ago where you could buy the cape of that iconic AD&D fighter character?

Our dear burntwire has the next accessory for those that still look for a good item for the next D&D themed Saturday evening party :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=44112


Volunteering translator slave and PR pimp for the German speaking part ofOld Europe (tm)
http://www.pied-piper-publishing.com/

  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 151
Joined: Nov 24, 2004
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2010

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:46 pm 
 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1


The Wraith - [email protected]

Yin & Yang Productions on eBay:
http://myworld.ebay.com/yinyangpro


 WWW ICQ YIM  


Active Collector

Posts: 77
Joined: Nov 12, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 13, 2009

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:16 pm 
 

deimos3428 wrote: I don't understand the sellers actions, though. I've never left a negative yet, even though I've had several buyers back out on auctions. Yes, I'm out a couple of cents in Ebay fees. That's not worth a retaliatory negative, and not worth leaving one, either. (Maybe it's safe once you have a couple thousand positives under your belt.) It's far better to inform the buyer you're relisting, leave no feedback/positive feedback stating "auction cancelled at buyer's request", and move on. (With the non-paying bidder option, you might even get partial fees back.)


If you don't leave negative feedback, the guy could then bid on my stuff and waste my time as well as yours. Please leave negative feedback so I can keep the deadbeats off my auctions, and I will reciprocate.

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 529
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 08, 2021
Location: Lille, France.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:56 am 
 

Ebay.fr

A bunch of great items from this french seller, including Monos, Silver anniversary set, R1, R2 :!:

eBay listings

:wink:

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:49 am 
 

Metamorphosis Alpha (US only)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5204205727
$11 with 4 1/2 days to go

Lizard Greyhawk, Blackmoor, Eldritch
(was sitting on these with a speculative snipe, but probably best to throw them open to the board in time to ask questions: Greyhawk stated as 1976, but Blackmoor 1975 and Eldritch 1976... *g*. typo, copyright or printing date?)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5203029032
$46 with just over 1 day to go

X7, X9, I2, XL1, C5, DL7 stb. in SW
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5203856904
$20 with 3 1/2 days to go

30th Anniv. leatherbound PHB ($75 retail) (:P)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8309441760
$15 with 1 3/4 days to go

  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 905
Joined: Apr 09, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 09, 2015
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:53 am 
 

Wild Things + Dark & Hidden Ways. 1 day 10 hours, $12... but the condition.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5203134618


- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)



  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:57 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:
muaddib5 wrote:WHITE DWARF ISSUE ONE
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 79167&rd=1

It is an original, but the fading on the right-hand side of the image requires explaining, I think: have checked a few of their other auctions and not apparent on any of those, even with the same lens(?).
Difficult to explain, given that the spine looks so good. (Temporary camera or digital image processing problem, phps?).

Thanks, whoever asked... :)

Q: Hi - I am sure you have been asked about this already - it seems a wee bit faded on the right hand side - is this surface rubbing? Ta. SM
A: Yes,looks like surface rubbing & not the printing.


(So much for the description of condition as originally given! Strange how only the right hand side of the cover was affected; yet is so extensive, there...).

Hey, Al! :?

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 68 of 100123 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 9899100