Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 74 of 111123 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 4:10 pm 

muaddib5 wrote:
grodog wrote:Sean K. Reynolds' copy of the 20 Years of TSR booklet given to employees only (300 copy print run); $168 or so, three hours to go:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

And look who the current high bidder is, cougar-nards :(

Oh, knowing the folks around here, I will be VERY surprised if that is the way it ends up. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 4:12 pm 

muaddib5 wrote:
grodog wrote:Sean K. Reynolds' copy of the 20 Years of TSR booklet given to employees only (300 copy print run); $168 or so, three hours to go:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

I love my cat, but I'd sell her for half what SR is paying for his vet bills.  

There's no way Cougie wins this with all the TSR historians out there slobbering over this, right?

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 4:32 pm 

Badmike wrote:
muaddib5 wrote:

I love my cat, but I'd sell her for half what SR is paying for his vet bills.

There's no way Cougie wins this with all the TSR historians out there slobbering over this, right?

Mike B.

Hmmmm.......Very surprised this one ended that way.  I figured someone would be willing to top that bid by the kitty just on principle. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 4:50 pm 

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

Hmmm...so tempting....

~jeff

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:04 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Hmmmm.......Very surprised this one ended that way. I figured someone would be willing to top that bid by the kitty just on principle. :?

I imagine folks are saving their extra few hundred for RJK bidding ;)

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 6:32 pm 

Didn't see the skyren auction until too late.  He should have posted the auction here if he knows about this board.  Oh well... now cougar will be selling it for $400+ for the next few years.   :roll:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:09 am 

ebay.fr

Red Arrow, black shield without map, but unpunched counters.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 13339&rd=1

:?:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 25293&rd=1

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:51 am 

could any one of my US colleagues, please do me a small favour?

If you were to mail a Dungeon Masters Guide from the USA to Brazil, and you were shipping it the equivalent of UK Airmail, could you let me know roughly how much it would cost (also assuming it was packaged too)...

many thanks

Al

ps. i have a muppet of a brazilian, who has purchased a DM guide off me and doesnt believe i have quoted shipping correctly!!!! so i therefore just need some comparisons, so i know i am not stupid :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:59 am 

killjoy32 wrote:could any one of my US colleagues, please do me a small favour?

If you were to mail a Dungeon Masters Guide from the USA to Brazil, and you were shipping it the equivalent of UK Airmail, could you let me know roughly how much it would cost (also assuming it was packaged too)...

many thanks

Al

ps. i have a muppet of a brazilian, who has purchased a DM guide off me and doesnt believe i have quoted shipping correctly!!!! so i therefore just need some comparisons, so i know i am not stupid :D

I'm not in the US, but I've experienced sticker shock at the post office with something similar here in Canada.  DMGs (when properly packed) cannot go lettermail, (defined as < 20 mm, here) they are too wide.  This nearly doubles the cost of postage.  :wink:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:01 am 

deimos3428 wrote:I'm not in the US, but I've experienced sticker shock at the post office with something similar here in Canada. DMGs (when properly packed) cannot go lettermail, (defined as < 20 mm, here) they are too wide. This nearly doubles the cost of postage. :wink:

well could you possibly let me know how much it would cost to send it to there anyway from Canada? just interested to compare thats all....

cheers

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:21 am 

killjoy32 wrote:could any one of my US colleagues, please do me a small favour?

many thanks

Al

Heya Alan, just did a little legwork for you. :wink: I guess it depends on how he wants it shipped. I could stuff it into a Global Priority Mail Flat Rate enevelope with almost no protection for $9.00, but if he wanted it in a box it would be about $17.00 for Global Priority, and if it went USPS Airmail Parcel POst, it would be about $19.00. Even if I am able to send it Airmail Letter Post it is still going to be around $16.00. Hope that helps.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:25 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:I'm not in the US, but I've experienced sticker shock at the post office with something similar here in Canada. DMGs (when properly packed) cannot go lettermail, (defined as < 20 mm, here) they are too wide. This nearly doubles the cost of postage. :wink:

well could you possibly let me know how much it would cost to send it to there anyway from Canada? just interested to compare thats all....

cheers

Al

Here's the quotes from my house to Brazil.  Depending on final shipping weight, and it'll be close:

International Small Packet (Air)
200g to 500g - $13.40
501g to 1kg - $26.25

Those are $CAD, so multiply by 0.8 for $USD.  Plus you've got your packing materials, of course.  Purolator, by the way, wants to charge $134.94  8O

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:33 am 

cheers guys! it kinda sums up what i was thinking really.

Airmail from UK to Brazil, i have quoted £9.25 (5-10 days delivery time).....

that is £8.97 ACTUAL postage and oooooh £0.28 handling fees, whoopee shit.

now i KNOW that it weighs more and the ACTUAL shipping cost will be more than that, but he wont have it that the DMG is that heavy!

i even sent him a picture of the bloody thing sat on my weighing scale! next thing, he will say i have doctored the scales :D you wait and see :D

thanks for your help anyways :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:40 am 

killjoy32 wrote:cheers guys! it kinda sums up what i was thinking really.

Airmail from UK to Brazil, i have quoted £9.25 (5-10 days delivery time).....

that is £8.97 ACTUAL postage and oooooh £0.28 handling fees, whoopee shit.

now i KNOW that it weighs more and the ACTUAL shipping cost will be more than that, but he wont have it that the DMG is that heavy!

i even sent him a picture of the bloody thing sat on my weighing scale! next thing, he will say i have doctored the scales :D you wait and see :D

thanks for your help anyways :)

Al

I need to get a scale like that.  Can you let me know the weight, out of curiousity?  Also, I quoted the "Air" rates but I never ship that way unless specifically requested by the buyer, who usually suggests "cheapest possible".  Surface rates are considerably (s)lower, but who's in that much of a rush for a DMG?  I recently send a FF to Australia and quoted a flat $7 USD...the buyer got a slight deal there, but that's ok.

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:14 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Heya Alan, just did a little legwork for you. :wink: I guess it depends on how he wants it shipped. I could stuff it into a Global Priority Mail Flat Rate enevelope with almost no protection for $9.00, but if he wanted it in a box it would be about $17.00 for Global Priority, and if it went USPS Airmail Parcel POst, it would be about $19.00. Even if I am able to send it Airmail Letter Post it is still going to be around $16.00. Hope that helps.

Global priority mail only goes to a couple of big cities in Brazil, Rio de Janeiro and one other place. If the destination is outside those cities, you can only use global express or standard air mail.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:25 pm 

dave wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

Global priority mail only goes to a couple of big cities in Brazil, Rio de Janeiro and one other place. If the destination is outside those cities, you can only use global express or standard air mail.

cheers :)

after doing some digging and searching, i figured out where they got their figures from. guess who they bought a book off in the UK? Caliverbooks :D

and they sent the item to brazil surface mail, not feckin Airmail...no wonder there was such a large difference in cost.

well now i have sorted that one, i feel a lot better about it now :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:31 pm 

I'm really surprised with all the RJK excitement lately that nobody's jumped on this yet.  (Maybe it's overpriced, I have no idea, but just figured someone would have gone for it by now.)

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 6&rd=1

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:53 am 

deimos3428 wrote:I'm really surprised with all the RJK excitement lately

*g*. I was looking round, too, to see whether anyone had slinked in some rares with low BINs whilst we were "looking the other way".

All I could come up with was a signed Inverness (non-tourney ;)), however.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5203601350

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 74 of 111123 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 109110111