Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 70 of 111123 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 109110111
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:39 pm 

Hi... this is toymom. I would like to thank those of you that have expressed intrest in my recent listings, and also thank those of you who have pointed out errors or oversights in my listings. Everything I know about D&D I have learned in the past 48 hours... so I'm just a newbie.

There has been some interest in knowing more information on the condition of the orange B3. I wanted to let you all know that I have taken many additional photos of this booklet. Just scroll to the bottom of the listing and you will find the link to the extra photos.

I try to be honest and usually say something is worse than it really is, but I also can overlook things. If you have any questions on any of my listed items or want additional photos, please just ask. I am happy to help in any way that I can.

Thanks for letting me intrude here... now I have to get back to work. I have about 10 more D&D books to list and a bunch of little metal figures that I haven't a clue what they are.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:48 pm 

toymom wrote:There has been some interest in knowing more information on the condition of the orange B3. I wanted to let you all know that I have taken many additional photos of this booklet. Just scroll to the bottom of the listing and you will find the link to the extra photos.

*waves "greetings"*

ah... LOTS of extra photos! :D

Many thanks for taking the initiative on this: was coming to the conclusion that I needed a much closer look since on (yet closer) inspection the color contrast with the orange seemed to be hiding a few possible creases.
For example, I thought there might've been another towards the bottom of the front cover, but is a lot clearer on the zoom pic. Much appreciated!

as well as another small one, on the back,

Don't know what to make of that "nip" at the top (other pic on your listing). I'd thought it might've been from the shrinkwrap, hence my queries above, but now looks more like a cross between that and a bit of a ding from something.

Must admit I've seen a lot, lot worse than any of those faults(!!), but condition at the "top end" seems to be increasingly important amongst the "trophy hunter" collectors these days. ;)

Looks like none of these creases left more than a very slight mark on the booklet, though. Good news, that. :D

toymom wrote:Thanks for letting me intrude here... now I have to get back to work. I have about 10 more D&D books to list and a bunch of little metal figures that I haven't a clue what they are.

Do you have the maps and guidebook to go with those Judges Guild "installments", btw?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5199572138

Am afraid I'm no expert on the miniatures. If you had a photo or two, someone around here might be able to give a rough idea of what they are. (And if they're as early as those Dragons you have up for sale, could certainly be quite interesting).

=
Out of interest, do you know whether the original owner have any links to the roleplaying industry?
Just curious in the context of that orange B3, since there was only that one box plus staff copies (apparently).

Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:35 pm 

Thanks for the welcome. I am not sure which maps and guidebooks go with these.  I see a reference to I and Invincible Overlord, I do have another lot that has invincible Overlord in it.  Maybe that has the stuff in it?

I have to list a few other things first (like my deck, I'm hoping it will sell so I can put in a big shed for ebay stuff), but it's my goal to have the rest of my D&D on by tonight. This was probably just a one time buy, but I will be sure to keep my eye out in the future at auctions and sales for any D&D items.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:44 pm 

toymom wrote:Thanks for the welcome. I am not sure which maps and guidebooks go with these. I see a reference to I and Invincible Overlord, I do have another lot that has invincible Overlord in it. Maybe that has the stuff in it?

In case you didn't notice this in David's post above:

harami2000 wrote:Out of interest, do you know whether the original owner have any links to the roleplaying industry?
Just curious in the context of that orange B3, since there was only that one box plus staff copies (apparently).

Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:51 pm 

Thanks, I did miss that. I do not know anything about the original owner... sorry. Though some of the books seem corrected like you were making revisions... For instance, a price was crossed out and a new one written next to it. Maybe the rules changed or there was a typo, I don't know.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:05 pm 

toymom wrote:Thanks, I did miss that. I do not know anything about the original owner... sorry. Though some of the books seem corrected like you were making revisions... For instance, a price was crossed out and a new one written next to it. Maybe the rules changed or there was a typo, I don't know.
Seems to me this is somebody's "trove"...with it being in Wisconsin and all, the birthplace of roleplaying.  I wonder whose...if you discover any info (ie. names written in the books or other identifying info), please let us know!

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:18 pm 

toymom wrote:Thanks, I did miss that. I do not know anything about the original owner... sorry.

Pity. :(

toymom wrote:Though some of the books seem corrected like you were making revisions... For instance, a price was crossed out and a new one written next to it. Maybe the rules changed or there was a typo, I don't know.

Yes, I'd noticed a few of the errata sheet amendments had been written in.

The price crossed out is the one at the back of the 2nd print Men & Magic: that was done by the manufacturer and is present in all copies of that edition, afaik.
(*g*. Oops, I just noticed the extra scans. Could've told you that, anyhow! :oops: :))

=
*nods to <Deimos>'s last comment*

Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:13 pm 

There is a name on one of the books.... let me find it....  ok found it. There are actually a couple different names. So far I found Chuck Mann and Bruce Wallin. These were on the rules books.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:35 pm 

toymom wrote:There is a name on one of the books.... let me find it.... ok found it. There are actually a couple different names. So far I found Chuck Mann and Bruce Wallin. These were on the rules books.

Thank you for checking. :)
Hrmm... possibly hoarded from more than one source?
Neither of those names rings a bell and only found a ref. to "Charles Mann" in a much later context which doesn't tie in.

S'pose in that case the only way to tell who owned the orange B3 would've been if there was a name inside the cover. Just as well there wasn't...

Provenance would've been a "good to have", but lack thereof still shouldn't hold the auction back one little bit. (In fact, I'm not sure whether anything can, at present!)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:35 am 

johnhuck wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Don't know the winner, but was amused by the underbidder who had pretty close to zero interest in the item during the Bella auction/fiasco (delete as appropriate). ;)

I know the winner. He was in touch with me close to the auction end to say that he would be bidding and hoped that it wouldn't spoil our friendship! :wink:

I told him that mine was purely a speculative bid in case everyone else missed it or forgot to snipe. Had I won it would be straight back on eBay with images and worlwide shipping. :D

Now I see the final price, I wish I'd have put in a snipe.

The winner got their Jade Hare
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5194574490
and said
It looks VERY mint.  Staples have very fine rust spots, got to look hard to find a crease in.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:21 am 

johnhuck wrote: The winner got their Jade Hare
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5194574490
and said
It looks VERY mint. Staples have very fine rust spots, got to look hard to find a crease in.

Nice to hear.  Man, did they score!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:44 pm 

*belatedly spots the post*

deimos3428 wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:
Forget by the book, the bidder's a fanatic:
cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1 8O

Ahem. For those that appreciate irony... :oops:
cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1

Erm, Deimos... Was that a rare 2nd print copy with a "DITIONAL" misprint? ;)

Yup, the road to fanaticism is wide and easy 'round here... welcome to the club, if you weren't in, already! :D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:57 pm 

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS GYGAX ARNESON MINT RARE AS
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 04982&rd=1

9 days left, opening bid of $37.88 (AU auction).  Red softcover D&D book.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:07 pm 

1977 D&D Wee Warriors PALACE OF THE VAMPIRE QUEEN - NR
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 86581&rd=1

4 days left, $9.95 opening bid.  Another toymom auction.
Man, whoever's collection this was, had a TON of key items  8O

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:22 pm 

muaddib5 wrote:Man, whoever's collection this was, had a TON of key items 8O

No joke. There's quite a few other items been listed, too (plus those minis).

Would've been even more interesting if they were all in the same condition as the oB3.
Maybe the good ones will "carry" the bad, though. :?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:55 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
muaddib5 wrote:Man, whoever's collection this was, had a TON of key items 8O

No joke. There's quite a few other items been listed, too (plus those minis).

Would've been even more interesting if they were all in the same condition as the oB3.
Maybe the good ones will "carry" the bad, though. :?

Seems like the seller has one of everyth... :idea: I knew I forgot to mention something important.  Toymom, if you're still watching this thread, please listen carefully:

There is a "rogue" booklet going around entitled "Quest for the Fazzlewood" -- it is quite old and essentially worthless, but sadly it is cursed!  Don't risk it hurting your collection or that of one of your bidders!

If you find a booklet of this name, please send it to me, and I'll ensure it gets taken care of appropriately.  :twisted:  :lol:  :twisted:

(Worth a shot...)

YIM  

Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:51 am 

haha...  no frazzlewood.

I'm pretty much done listing. I have a few Chtulhu books to list, then just some misc. papers which look mostly like scrap. I'll throw those on tomorrow, and that will be the end of it. It's too bad though, it's really been fun listing these.  I'll just have to keep hoping I come across another collection, though I doubt I'll ever find one quite as good as this was.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:00 am 

toymom wrote: ... then just some misc. papers which look mostly like scrap.

You never know, sometimes those can be a lot of fun!    :lol:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 70 of 111123 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 109110111