Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 67 of 111123 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:19 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
bclarkie wrote:The mythical 4th print set shows up on EBay along with 3 supplements. All look to be in real nice condition, but no box. :cry: $150 BIN

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 51267&rd=1

With the price on the cover, wouldn't this be a 4th minus?

I swear I never get that right.  :evil:   I could have swore the 4th printing 1975 was an indication of the "fourth print".  I think either A) I am f*cking stupid or b) Foul keeps changing the site on me.  My guess is option A. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:23 pm 

bclarkie wrote: I swear I never get that right. :evil:  I could have swore the 4th printing 1975 was an indication of the "fourth print". I think either A) I am f*cking stupid or b) Foul keeps changing the site on me. My guess is option A. :roll:

Nah, come on, that can't be the case!   :D

Does anyone know if the so-called 4th really even exists?

Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:56 pm 

I've recently contacted the two people who supposedly had the 4th print, to reconfirm -- both have said they actually have 4th Minus prints.  Therefore, unless someone comes forward shortly with a confirmed 4th, that print will be eliminated and the 4th Minus will be moved up to 4th.

Foul

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:16 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
mud2guard wrote:Dwarven Glory, Misty Isles.. plus some OCE!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MEWA:IT

bah! americas only - sheesh :cry:

Seller didn't mean americas only:

Subject: Re: Question about shipping for item #5198254549 - LOT OF DUNGEON & DRAGONS M...
MIME-Version: 1.0
Sure, shipping to UK is not a problem, I didn't realize I had clicked americas only.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:13 am 

Heya Scott,

FoulFoot wrote:I've recently contacted the two people who supposedly had the 4th print, to reconfirm -- both have said they actually have 4th Minus prints. Therefore, unless someone comes forward shortly with a confirmed 4th, that print will be eliminated and the 4th Minus will be moved up to 4th.

Foul

Much though I'm loathe to see my "rare" "hybrids" (three sets only noted) downgraded, all I can say is thanks for that long-overdue fix... :)
Glad I wasn't holding my breath, though! *jk*

Still fairly convinced the earliest "4th-" copies (released) went out without that address label at the back, rather than being an oversight, given that the only copy I've seen was with that "fine print" box;
Post research tidbits here • Page 3 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum

And, of course, am also still dubious about the reading of that 25,000 copies quote, per. OD&D Box Set Research. • Collecting Appraisal •  The Acaeum
(Anyhow, that was the first thing that drew my attention to the 4th-/4th situation being impossible; if the latter had 25,000 copies and all I kept turning up was yet more 4th-s. Similarly 25,000 doesn't work too well given the apparent 4th-/5th ratio).

=
Will you be making any other minor tweaks to the OD&D list, in passing?

If so (in addition to the ongoing 1stV & OCE games), there are a few bits-and-pieces might be "nice to have", phps.
- The comparison points on the listings look a bit unwieldy, although I can see why they're written thus. The stock lists provide a far quicker cross-check on the printings, IMO (especially the diceset prices).
- 3rd and 4th- (sic) prints /only/ have "(c) 1975" in M&M.
- For the 5th, it wasn't just the typeset that was changed; there was a general overhaul, too, such as the revised map on page 4 of U&WA and incorporation of the errata text (separate sheet in the 2nd/3rd print and on the front (previously blank) page of the ref sheets for the 4th-, per first (11171) link above).
- aside: What was the derivation of the 12/75-4/76 date for the 5th? Am still trying to tie that into Eldritch Wizardry (4/76) being present on the stock list with a price, rather than "coming soon!"... (unless /someone/ has a copy which states otherwise. *looks hopefully at <Deimos>*)
- OCE- plus one Balrog in addition to that hobbit, in all copies afaik (in addition to that other issue with the 5th throwback pages, etc.)
- and aside, again: cross-checking the stock list of the 2nd OD&D with T1st Greyhawk certainly makes it look as though Greyhawk wasn't out until around April/"Spring". Feb '75 in the intro can be ignored, unless you want to change the 1st OD&D to Nov '73, too.

Okies, enough for now. Take or leave as you will! ;)

=
Hrmm... so does that mean I've got /all/ the currently known listed and unlisted variants, now that the 4th is vanishing? *shuffles unhappily*
Well, aside from <Deimos>'s early 5th and the intermediate 5th/OCE white box, that is.

Am sure there are still more lurking out there (especially amongst the OCEs).
*looks around some more....*

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:22 am 

harami2000 wrote:Heya Scott,

FoulFoot wrote:I've recently contacted the two people who supposedly had the 4th print, to reconfirm -- both have said they actually have 4th Minus prints. Therefore, unless someone comes forward shortly with a confirmed 4th, that print will be eliminated and the 4th Minus will be moved up to 4th.

Foul

- For the 5th, it wasn't just the typeset that was changed; there was a general overhaul, too, such as the revised map on page 4 of U&WA and incorporation of the errata text (separate sheet in the 2nd/3rd print and on the front (previously blank) page of the ref sheets for the 4th-, per first (11171) link above).

What about U&WA page 21?  I always assumed this was changed at the same time, just confirming.

harami2000 wrote:- aside: What was the derivation of the 12/75-4/76 date for the 5th? Am still trying to tie that into Eldritch Wizardry (4/76) being present on the stock list with a price, rather than "coming soon!"... (unless /someone/ has a copy which states otherwise. *looks hopefully at <Deimos>*)

Not sure what insight I can provide there.  The only difference between the 5th and mine on that page seems to be that in the normal 5th, the products list is printed at a horrible angle.  In mine it's set much straighter.  The actual text is identical.  (Eldritch is listed for $5.00).

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:25 am 

bclarkie wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MEWA:IT

Well, No more fooling around with the kiddie bids in hopes of keeping it low. Not much more to do now except to wait around for a2jeff to come along and snipe me.

*<waves to Jeff>*

afoolandhis$ wrote:Look at it now, floating out there like a big, bloody carcass. Won't be long before every shark in the ocean gets a whiff and comes circling in for a closer look...

Blood smelled, carcass spotted....will take a closer look at this collection of goodies  :P

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:04 am 

a2jeff wrote:
bclarkie wrote:
Well, No more fooling around with the kiddie bids in hopes of keeping it low. Not much more to do now except to wait around for a2jeff to come along and snipe me.

*<waves to Jeff>*

afoolandhis$ wrote:Look at it now, floating out there like a big, bloody carcass. Won't be long before every shark in the ocean gets a whiff and comes circling in for a closer look...

Blood smelled, carcass spotted....will take a closer look at this collection of goodies :P

Surprised your dorsal fin broke the surface so early...aren't you a hardcore ambush predator?   :P

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:04 am 

Frankbar, the Mighty (ar ar ar) Shark.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:27 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Frankbar, the Mighty (ar ar ar) Shark.

Well that bid just made my g/f a very happy person.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:44 pm 

The guy just told me he'd let me close it w/a $500 BIN.  Should I take it?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:48 pm 

...uh...that was just a twisted joke, by the way... :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:02 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

*<waves to Jeff>*

I am now really confused by the current high bidder, even more so than I was about the previous one. Maybe I am missing something. :?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:05 pm 

Well, I've got my suspicions, but they're completely harmless.  Man, I actually feel bad for you, honestly.  That was a close one.  But there will be others, no doubt, and then you'll feel vindicated when you make that smoking post on "recent fun finds".

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:02 pm 

GAZ11 in shrink going for cheap. Seller has some other items of interest.
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:10 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
a2jeff wrote:

Blood smelled, carcass spotted....will take a closer look at this collection of goodies :P

Surprised your dorsal fin broke the surface so early...aren't you a hardcore ambush predator?  :P

...only with items I really want...   :wink:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:04 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:- For the 5th, it wasn't just the typeset that was changed; there was a general overhaul, too, such as the revised map on page 4 of U&WA and incorporation of the errata text (separate sheet in the 2nd/3rd print and on the front (previously blank) page of the ref sheets for the 4th-, per first (11171) link above).

What about U&WA page 21? I always assumed this was changed at the same time, just confirming.

*nod nods* Yes, indeed; totally revised.
Was a good guess if so. :D

(The previous version of that page is even less readable! *g*).

deimos3428 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:- aside: What was the derivation of the 12/75-4/76 date for the 5th? Am still trying to tie that into Eldritch Wizardry (4/76) being present on the stock list with a price, rather than "coming soon!"... (unless /someone/ has a copy which states otherwise. *looks hopefully at <Deimos>*)

Not sure what insight I can provide there. The only difference between the 5th and mine on that page seems to be that in the normal 5th, the products list is printed at a horrible angle. In mine it's set much straighter. The actual text is identical. (Eldritch is listed for $5.00).

Yeah, that early 5th of your's seems to have /much/ better registration than all the "other" copies.

Pity about the stock list being the same.
Causes more grief that (with regards the dating), IMHO, but is nothing new for the OD&D sets. ;)

Thanks for checking! :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:42 pm 

Seller has lots of cool stuff. Several early Dragons including 1-8 , 1st or 2nd Print World of Greyhawk Folio, OD&D Men & Magic booklets 2nd/3rd/& fifth prints, 1st print Greyhawk(not T1st), Blackmoor, Eldritch Wizardry 3rd print, 3 Supermodules, etc......

eBay listings

Granted a lot of it is not in that great of condition, but still pretty rare just the same. :wink:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 67 of 111123 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 109110111